OT: The thread formerly known as Mousecop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Did a 5 hour shift at Kohl's that turned into a 9 hour shift. Was good for me because it more than paid for my Blue and Gold Club de facto season ticket deposit. Tomorrow I have Thanksgiving at the legendary Bob's Diner and go in from 4pm to 1am. Get time and a half plus a $3 an hour bonus. Also get paid for 4 additional hours as it's one of our paid holidays.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
[

Did a 5 hour shift at Kohl's that turned into a 9 hour shift. Was good for me because it more than paid for my Blue and Gold Club de facto season ticket deposit. Tomorrow I have Thanksgiving at the legendary Bob's Diner and go in from 4pm to 1am. Get time and a half plus a $3 an hour bonus. Also get paid for 4 additional hours as it's one of our paid holidays.
will you be comped traditional thanksgiving dinner at the diner?

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
We’re on vacation this week. Won’t be preparing or partaking traditional thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I can’t recall the last year I didn’t do that. Maybe never.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Reminds me of mine setting up a one-week rotation for the kids and on her second week away booking a 10-day trip out of town. She's got an 8-day coming up that means for December, she'll be with the kids solo for a grand total of 6 days. For the month. Yeah.

The part that makes me laugh is when she says she wants to support me as I finish my degree and then she is out of town during finals. If that's support, I'm not sure I want to know what active disregard is. :biglaugh:

And we have another one from my ex.

The one that said she couldn't help pay for JV hockey for our son because she has to pay for stuff like winter coats for the kids.

Not only is she getting herself a new car, but she texts my wife and said that she liked the dress my wife gave my daughter and could she buy one in her size.

And she ends up getting one for her and one for our daughter.

But what about the winter coats?

:sarcasm:

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
“Life’s a dance you learn as you go”

That’s a line to live by, we all make mistakes. No ones perfect, as long as you didn’t commit a crime or what not and learn from your mistakes it’s all good.

Very true.. Another one that rings very true is:
"Sometimes darkness can show you the light"

Unfortunately, my darkness almost cost me my sanity, everything I care about, my (old) job, and nearly my last breath.

Thankfully I came through it and I can admit it now. And I've come to enjoy the new found light I've been shown and have not plans to return to that particular darkness.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Got a Derick Roy slug jersey on ebay for $30. Figure it will be nice to have for a few years from now when the slug becomes an ironic hip thing. Want to get a goats head one but am afraid of ending up with a knockoff. If I find one is there a good place to send it for customization as I would love to make it a Peca or Rayzor jersey.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Very true.. Another one that rings very true is:
"Sometimes darkness can show you the light"

Unfortunately, my darkness almost cost me my sanity, everything I care about, my (old) job, and nearly my last breath.

Thankfully I came through it and I can admit it now. And I've come to enjoy the new found light I've been shown and have not plans to return to that particular darkness.

I’ve had a few episodes or guilt and that shit will kill you. I lost a bunch of weight and starting liking the female attention and made a shit ton of mistakes. I’ve definitely learned a lot...

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I’ve had a few episodes or guilt and that **** will kill you. I lost a bunch of weight and starting liking the female attention and made a **** ton of mistakes. I’ve definitely learned a lot...

I'm not going to go into in depth detail but my darkness had nothing to do with other people to be totally honest. It was all my doing and I honestly slowly spiraled over time and towards the end, I totally spiraled out of control. And it is something that if I'm not mindful and I don't do what I need to do, it will return with even more fury and disaster for my life.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I'm not going to go into in depth detail but my darkness had nothing to do with other people to be totally honest. It was all my doing and I honestly slowly spiraled over time and towards the end, I totally spiraled out of control. And it is something that if I'm not mindful and I don't do what I need to do, it will return with even more fury and disaster for my life.

I’m really sorry to hear that. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to PM me.

Reactions: Digable5

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Happy Thanksgiving peeps. My second year hosting Thanksgiving, my first year cooking the turkey myself. The magic is happening as I sit here typing this. ;) Hopefully it turns out well.

What a shitty year so far. The only thing I want to/can be thankful for, is that I'm still here and I have the opportunity to come out the other side of 2018 stronger, happier, better equipped to handle the relentless harshness of reality, and closer to the people I care about. And I'm thankful for turkey... and the Sabres... as long as they're winning. :D

Reactions: sabremike

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
At least you weren't gay.

(I'm glad you're doing better)

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
giphy.gif

upload_2018-11-22_9-54-20.gif

upload_2018-11-22_9-54-51.gif

tumblr_oyypzy9Ml21wzvt9qo1_500.gif

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I’m really sorry to hear that. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to PM me.
Thanks. I appreciate it. Thankfully I get plenty of help and have a lot of people to talk to that have been through exactly what I have.

At least you weren't gay.

(I'm glad you're doing better)

You've been holding on to that for a while. But hey, I was actually glad my sister was able to make me laugh. It was the first time I had in weeks.

Reactions: vcv

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Thankful for this board. Even pigpen.

Also thankful for the bourbon and pecan bread pudding I made yesterday. Betes, here I come!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Best of luck to you MM.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Happy Thanksgiving to all posters! May you have lots to give thanks for and recognize what that is when you have it. As an aging Sabres fan I am not unaware of the ups and downs you are dealing with. Be resolute--carpe diem as it were.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
First, Happy Thanksgiving for all. Truly a holiday to remind us all how lucky we are.

Second, my father and I have anxiety issues and have been a great deal of help to each other over the years. That being said, as offered by 1972, I too am available to talk should anyone here need someone. PM me. I don’t post much but I check fairly often. If you’re desperate before I can call, think about reaching out to Crisis Services. Suicide isn’t a solution. There are always brighter times ahead after the struggle.

Finally, on a lighter note(?). The transmission on my car died yesterday. Time to replace it. The car I want has had 3-4 accidents but it’s not a salvage vehicle. I’m going to look at it tomorrow and see if I can tell if the accidents caused any damage to the mechanicals. Anyone had any success or failures buying a used car without a clean Carfax?

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
First, Happy Thanksgiving for all. Truly a holiday to remind us all how lucky we are.

Second, my father and I have anxiety issues and have been a great deal of help to each other over the years. That being said, as offered by 1972, I too am available to talk should anyone here need someone. PM me. I don’t post much but I check fairly often. If you’re desperate before I can call, think about reaching out to Crisis Services. Suicide isn’t a solution. There are always brighter times ahead after the struggle.

Finally, on a lighter note(?). The transmission on my car died yesterday. Time to replace it. The car I want has had 3-4 accidents but it’s not a salvage vehicle. I’m going to look at it tomorrow and see if I can tell if the accidents caused any damage to the mechanicals. Anyone had any success or failures buying a used car without a clean Carfax?
1. Why would you want it and not a near-equivalent / same model & year?
2. What kind of accidents? I’d be most concerned about the frame and then the fit of any door seals / trunk seals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->