Helmets.

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by BCCHL inactive, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simple. What do you use and why?

I now wear the new Bauer 8000. It's the same helmet that we saw Brendan Morrison and some other NHLers get into late last season.

I know it looks like something directly from NASA, and it is very expensive ($139.99 CDN), but it's comfort and ventilation is second to none.

2. BlackBiRd5

BlackBiRd5 Registered User

Bauer HH4000 -very light, most comfortable helmet I've worn (4 others I've worn in 18 years of hockey) and streamlined, low-profile look

3. John Flyers Fan

John Flyers Fan Registered User

Home Page:
    The most comfortable helmet I've ever worn is the old Northlands model, currently not made.

It wasn't pretty, it was the old Stan Mikita, Mike Foligno model.

4. PanthersRule96

PanthersRule96 Registered User

Student
    Home Page:
    Myself as well. Navy 8000. The first one I got had a defect so I had to send it back. The second one is perfect though.

#2 Registered User

Home Page:
    Im Currently using the Bauer 5000 - it feels great but i saw some show on CBC a while ago saying it wasnt as safe as its competitors ie... Itech etc.. but none the less i still use it.

My favourite helmet was CCM something( the one where you could adjust it without having to unscrew it), that helmet fit great and was supposed to be one of the safest helmets out there.

6. SkateLikeTheWind

SkateLikeTheWind Registered User

I use the Bauer 5000.

Over the past few years I've collected 3 of em. One black, one blue, one navy blue. (seems like no team I ever play on can use the same color helmets)

7. DaveyCrockett

DaveyCrockett Registered User

Home Page:
    I use a Navy 4000. Its not comfortable but it doesn't hurt (fits my head like a hockey skate). I don't play contact so I don't need anything better.

8. Avery4Byng*

Avery4Byng* Guest

I have a Nike.. not sure of model. it is the same as the bauer 4000, just nike instead lol. it is comfortable and looks good so its all good. I use this one for lacrosse and some ice hockey when it is serious. but when it is just shinny or non contact beer league stuff i use an old school jofa like the one petr klima used to have. ugliest looking lid around but everyone loves it.

9. IkeaMonkey*

IkeaMonkey* Guest

That would be the Nike 0004...or as most people call it, the Nike 4000.

10. Avery4Byng*

Avery4Byng* Guest

Thanks, now I know the official name.

11. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Registered User

Home Page:
    same as me - black. i hate the bucket head 5000 - and this is more comfotable to me. ive had 2 the last 5 years.

12. Accord

Accord Registered User

I use the CCM HT1052 helmet, the "memory foam" is absolutely horrible and paper thin, and that is the ONLY padding inside the helmet and it feels like you're wearing a solid rock on your head. I get headaches after long skate sessions, it's a terrible helmet and I made the very bad mistake of getting caught up in all the hype with the memory foam. It felt good when I tried it on in the store which is why I bought it, but it only starts to hurt after 30 mins or so of wearing it... DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS HELMET! I'd buy a different helmet right now but I don't want my 80 bucks I spent on the HT1052 to go to waste, heh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.