Helmet Question (need replacement for old Bauer)

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Did anyone here use a Bauer 7500 and find another helmet that fit the same?

I've had a Bauer 7500 combo for 4 or 5 years now and it was a perfect fit. The gel pads inside are all falling apart now though so I'm trying to buy a new helmet. Since the 7500 is no longer made, I'm struggling to find a replacement.

I ordered a Bauer Re-Akt 75 combo but it didn't fit. I ordered a CCM Tacks 310, but again, it's not the same fit. It's frustrating. I know I could go to a store to try them on which is what I'll have to do soon at this rate, but my schedule doesn't give me much time.

Any suggestions on helmets that have worked for anyone who used this helmet in the past?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Without knowing exactly how your head is shaped I can't really say (and I am not as well versed in new Bauer helmets).

Best bet is to just find a half hour window and go to a local place to try them on. Not a satisfying answer, unfortunately, but it is the best I can think of.

LeifUK

Jan 2, 2018
Bauer and CCM have helmets for a range of head shapes, including oval and round. I tried on the Reakt 75 but is was too narrow, the Reakt 200 was perfect being made for a wider head. I also fit the 4500 but IMO it does not protect well. Somewhere there are charts which show the head shape for each helmet, but I’m damned if I can find them having Googled for five minutes. If you do find them, and you know a helmet that fits, then you will know which ones are worth trying.

Aha, found one chart:

Helmet for wide head?

Reactions: silkyjohnson50

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
The thing about helmets is that every model fits differently, and as new models come out, they'll fit slightly differently too. It's very tough to outline the 'fit' profile of a helmet like the way I did with Skates. Unfortunately there is no easy answer as there wasn't a model that directly replaced the 7500. I wouldn't consider that model a wide fitting one at all actually, it was more on the narrow and shallower side.

You will have to go to a store and try a bunch on.

Reactions: silkyjohnson50

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I ended up stopping at a shop and going with the Bauer Re-Akt 95. Fits completely different than the 75 for me, which obviously didn't fit. It also felt lighter. Worth the extra $40.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
I ended up stopping at a shop and going with the Bauer Re-Akt 95. Fits completely different than the 75 for me, which obviously didn't fit. It also felt lighter. Worth the extra $40.
Right, even if they're within the same 'family'!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->