Hellebuyck: "We're very close to being able to make runs and being a dynasty."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
jets-stanley-cup.jpg
The only time I've seen a magazine cover predict a champion years out was Sports Illustrated with the Astros, and they also had George Springer on the cover, who won World Series MVP.

Reactions: Confused Turnip

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Hellebuyck's always a confident guy, which is a great thing for a goalie to be IMO.

The thing I don't like in that article is Wheeler saying how amazing Maurice always is.
Completely agree on both of these points. :laugh:

As far as I’m concerned, if a goalie can backup their swagger, they can say whatever the f*** they want lol.

Reactions: jetsforever

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Fun Fact:

The Odessa Jackalopes thought Hellebuyck was crazy when he said he would play in the NHL. 3 years later he was playing in the NHL.

Then, people (Wheeler included) thought Hellebuyck was nuts because he said he wanted the Vezna. 3 Years later he got a Vezina.

Now Helle is saying his teams going to be a Dynasty.

Just saying... I wouldn't bet against Hellebuyck.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Fun Fact:

The Odessa Jackalopes thought Hellebuyck was crazy when he said he would play in the NHL. 3 years later he was playing in the NHL.

Then, people (Wheeler included) thought Hellebuyck was nuts because he said he wanted the Vezna. 3 Years later he got a Vezina.

Now Helle is saying his teams going to be a Dynasty.

Just saying... I wouldn't bet against Hellebuyck.

So, in three years, we will have established a Dynasty? I’m in.

For the other 31 teams, I wouldn’t bother wasting time upgrading. Might as well white flag the next few years while the Winnipeg Jets take over the NHL.

All hail Emperor Hellebuyck!!

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
So, in three years, we will have established a Dynasty? I’m in.

For the other 31 teams, I wouldn’t bother wasting time upgrading. Might as well white flag the next few years while the Winnipeg Jets take over the NHL.

All hail Emperor Hellebuyck!!
I wasnt trying to imply 3 years, but I like where you're going with this!

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I believe we could win a cup if we got the last few pieces needed and booted our current coaching staff into the sun...

Confused Turnip

Nov 29, 2019
Delusional? Why? Obviously none of the ppl commenting here never played any sport in their lives. You have to believe. If you don't then what is the point in playing. 99 percent of pro athletes would say the same and if they didn't.... You'd crap on them too.
Have you ever played sports? If your team has never won a championship and you're giving interviews about how the next three are already locked in even your own locker room is going to roast you alive. Especially considering how superstitious hockey players are about jinxes.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
That’s a very loose way to use the word dynasty
Man.............something happened out there in the Peg today.................the air, what was in the air...?

Seriously, WTF, are these guys all thinking? Their coach barely believes they beat the Oilers, after saying over and over, that 3 games went to OT, and it was much closer..........then they don't show up the next round, because they are now almost a dynasty?

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Have you ever played sports? If your team has never won a championship and you're giving interviews about how the next three are already locked in even your own locker room is going to roast you alive. Especially considering how superstitious hockey players are about jinxes.

Hellebuyck is a special kind of player. When he has a rough game and let’s in a bunch of goals, he tells reporters that he really liked his game and felt his mechanics were fine. He would then proceed to have an incredible following game.

He’s got swagger and he backs it up. His teammates thought he was nuts but now view him as a leader. I really don’t mind his comments. Frankly, the Jets actually do have the talent, the salary cap room and high end prospects ready to take the next step to put out a very formidable team.

I think they are getting close to taking some serious runs at this thing. I just hope Chevy nails this important offseason.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
To be fair they are only a few pieces away. Unfortunately those pieces are 3 top 4 D, 2 more top 9 forwards and 25MM in cap space. Super close, like only s few pieces and 2-3 Cups away.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Jets have some slick forwards and a great goalie. That D is brutal though. Reminds me of what Montreal's had in recent years but even worse.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I can't remember a team's exit interviews being as cringy as Winnipeg's this year. They're in total disbelief that Montreal wiped the floor with them and then held their nose to it. They sound broken.

Reactions: Confused Turnip

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Mythically speaking, I think Mark Scheifele pissed off the hockey gods as it's been exposed he's truly classless.

Realistically speaking we're not winning the cup. I think we'll be good enough to crack the playoffs every year whether it be Wild Card or a genuine playoff spot, but highly doubt we win the cup. Too much toxicity in the Jets organization, and believe it or not Cheveldayoff is the only good one within the organization, although he and Maurice team up to degrade players in order to give them a cheap contract and make it look like he's offering a lot more to them.

Hellebuyck will likely be the guy keeping us afloat and I expect him to be good enough to get a Vezina nomination or best-case scenario win it. I mean I don't see the Jets winning the division, but Hellebuyck will get us in.

But worst-case scenario we turn into Ottawa, which is something I could see happening with the Jets. I sometimes think it's already happened but the reason it's not showing is because of the quality of our current roster.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I don’t even know if we’ll see a dynasty in the cap era. Chicago was the closest and Tampa has potential to be one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad