Hellebuyck: "We're very close to being able to make runs and being a dynasty."

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I mean would you rather your star player say stuff like this (confident in the team, thinks they'll be good) or something like Eichel did (disappointed in the situation, not sure about the future)? If Vezina-winners want to stay on my team and keep winning, I see no problem there.
Nothing wrong with being confident. Nothing wrong with believing you and your team aren't far off. But it's far off 'contention' not 'dynasty'. That's simply delusional.

Reactions: Confused Turnip

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
gtdddtW.gif

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The one guy on the team who can say anything like that. Elite after elite after elite. Shame we're going to waste his career. He can only carry us so far.

Reactions: hn777

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Jets seems like a close knit team. A very delusional one though. I can see why Paul Maurice seems to have a job there for life now and why some players have took off maybe if they not part of a circle they seems to have there.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Nothing wrong with being confident. Nothing wrong with believing you and your team aren't far off. But it's far off 'contention' not 'dynasty'. That's simply delusional.

Delusional? Why? Obviously none of the ppl commenting here never played any sport in their lives. You have to believe. If you don't then what is the point in playing. 99 percent of pro athletes would say the same and if they didn't.... You'd crap on them too.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Delusional? Why? Obviously none of the ppl commenting here never played any sport in their lives. You have to believe. If you don't then what is the point in playing. 99 percent of pro athletes would say the same and if they didn't.... You'd crap on them too.
Delusional because in order to be close to a dynasty you have to have one in the bag. What have they won exactly? The rest of your comment is bs. If I said I was about to be promoted to CEO of a company, having never worked at a senior management level, I'd be delusional too. It has nothing to do with sport and everything to do with reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->