Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
DazzlingRewardingAmericanlobster-max-1mb.gif

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
He's not wrong, but they need to improve their defense and figure out some of their "aging veteran" issues, cause Wheeler looked lost out on the ice against Montreal. I think Perfetti will help them a fair bit in the next season or two, but how long will their window be open for, when he's ready to take on more responsbility? Looks like they really have about a 3-4 year window before contracts start to catch up to them. I think they "can" do it...but there needs to be a mentality shift in the locker room. Not sure if that means a new coach or what. There just seem to be more questions than answers for Winnipeg. Love watching them play, but there is definitely a missing component for them.

Reactions: hn777

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
He's not wrong, but they need to improve their defense and figure out some of their "aging veteran" issues, cause Wheeler looked lost out on the ice against Montreal. I think Perfetti will help them a fair bit in the next season or two, but how long will their window be open for, when he's ready to take on more responsbility? Looks like they really have about a 3-4 year window before contracts start to catch up to them. I think they "can" do it...but there needs to be a mentality shift in the locker room. Not sure if that means a new coach or what. There just seem to be more questions than answers for Winnipeg. Love watching them play, but there is definitely a missing component for them.
What you mean "He's not wrong"? Of course he is wrong until they actually make these runs. They've been down this same line for years now. Even mentioning a dynasty makes it absolutely ridiciculous.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
What you mean "He's not wrong"? Of course he is wrong until they actually make these runs. They've been down this same line for years now. Even mentioning a dynasty makes it absolutely ridiciculous.
Right...but how many times do teams say (Tampa is just the recent example) that they are just a piece away from making multiple Cup runs? The issue is that players, today, use the word "Dynasty" too flippantly. If you simply mean it say that they think they can get a number of consecutive long playoff runs...then he is more than likely correct. They botched their defense corps a couple of years ago and need to upgrade it again, as well figure out how to deal with their current mental situation.

Reactions: hn777

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Right...but how many times do teams say (Tampa is just the recent example) that they are just a piece away from making multiple Cup runs? The issue is that players, today, use the word "Dynasty" too flippantly. If you simply mean it say that they think they can get a number of consecutive long playoff runs...then he is more than likely correct. They botched their defense corps a couple of years ago and need to upgrade it again, as well figure out how to deal with their current mental situation.
I fully understand many of the players aren't too bright, but something like "Dynasty" is not a word even they'd use lightly, as they actually understand what that means from hockey perspective.
Can you link me any Tampa player even mentioning the word "Dynasty" or anything hinting to that? I've not seen it ever.

Reactions: Confused Turnip

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
If Perfetti lives up to the billing this will be an interesting team for sure.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Jets are going out sad lol

I mean would you rather your star player say stuff like this (confident in the team, thinks they'll be good) or something like Eichel did (disappointed in the situation, not sure about the future)? If Vezina-winners want to stay on my team and keep winning, I see no problem there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->