Hellebuyck for Vezina

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Now that this season is done, and playoffs are looking highly unlikely, I think Helle deserves the Vezina Trophy for the 2019-20 season. Helly was the Jets MVP, and despite losing much of our defense in the offseason, held the fort, and allowed the Jets to compete for a playoff spot. If the NHL awards the trophy to any other goalie, it would be a tragedy.

Three cheers for Helly! The greatest goalie to ever play for the Winnipeg Jets.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Now that this season is done, and playoffs are looking highly unlikely, I think Helle deserves the Vezina Trophy for the 2019-20 season. Helly was the Jets MVP, and despite losing much of our defense in the offseason, held the fort, and allowed the Jets to compete for a playoff spot. If the NHL awards the trophy to any other goalie, it would be a tragedy.

Three cheers for Helly! The greatest goalie to ever play for the Winnipeg Jets.
I don't know , Pavelec was pretty good .

Reactions: Eyeseeing and hn777

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I'd have a hard time awarding this trophy to a team not even in the playoffs (based on points-percentage). Same with a Hart trophy.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'd have a hard time awarding this trophy to a team not even in the playoffs (based on points-percentage). Same with a Hart trophy.

Helly was so ridiculously over on that poll with the writers from the Athletic that I think all the smart marks “got it”. He was thrown to the wolves and totally rose to the occasion and was totally over with the cool kids.

Easiest award to give out.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Helly was so ridiculously over on that poll with the writers from the Athletic that I think all the smart marks “got it”. He was thrown to the wolves and totally rose to the occasion and was totally over with the cool kids.

Easiest award to give out.

If there are hockey gods out there, and they want to make it up to me, they will give Helly the Vezina in a landslide, just so I can imagine certain heads exploding into a fine mist like that scene from Scanners.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If there are hockey gods out there, and they want to make it up to me, they will give Helly the Vezina in a landslide, just so I can imagine certain heads exploding into a fine mist like that scene from Scanners.

love it Alpha

why are you owed (make it up to me)?

whose “Certain heads” is going to explode.

Inquiring minds?

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
love it Alpha

why are you owed (make it up to me)?

whose “Certain heads” is going to explode.

Inquiring minds?

Because the hockey gods did not make the players immune to COVID, the lazy shits. But they can make it up to me. As for whose minds will explode, that is left as an exercise to the reader :)

Reactions: ps241

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Because the hockey gods did not make the players immune to COVID, the lazy shits. But they can make it up to me. As for whose minds will explode, that is left as an exercise to the reader :)

Makes sense those the wavered on Helle I guess. Depending on how the 2019-20 award goes Connor will have been a finalist once and possibly a winner once within a 3 season span.

That is a great accomplishment.

Edit: Ok it looks like Romang said the same thing in his post

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If Jets were a little higher in the standings he would be a candidate for the Hart. But that is one that is hard to give to a player on a non PO team.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
sorry I was just posting the usual boiler-plate "approved media response" sarcastically.

I think Helle is indeed a legit star goalie who WILL win a Vezina.

All good :thumbu:!!

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
If we get some more RS games in eventually, it'd be nice to see him play lights out, getting us playoffs and locking up the Vezina. :yo:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Winnipeg Jets G Connor Hellebuyck says mental turnaround the key in bounce-back season - TSN.ca

We had long winded debates about Helly the one fall when he wasn’t at his best. I spoke in great detail to mental part of the position in that thread, this article reiterates the importance of that when he’s on top of his game. I’m glad he’s at the top of the league as I always thought he had what it takes, I hope he can play at that level for a while.

Even the best goalies ebb and flow from game to game and season to season but being a Vezina finalist then possibly winning all in three seasons establishes him as one of the top guys in the League. Glad he’s on our team.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Phozzwald

Oct 16, 2007
Newfoundland
Winnipeg Jets G Connor Hellebuyck says mental turnaround the key in bounce-back season - TSN.ca

We had long winded debates about Helly the one fall when he wasn’t at his best. I spoke in great detail to mental part of the position in that thread, this article reiterates the importance of that when he’s on top of his game. I’m glad he’s at the top of the league as I always thought he had what it takes, I hope he can play at that level for a while.

Robin Lehner is a prime example of this. Guy struggled mentally. Fought his demons and has put together 2 solid back to back campaigns.
Hellebuyck is certainly deserving of the Vezina. I feel like they’ll give it to Rask though. League loves Boston. His numbers are ridiculous too but he played way less games. Almost splitting time with Halak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad