Heiskanen vs McAvoy

Pick 1

• Total voters

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Considering he wasn't considered a top 5 rookie by 38 writers last season, yes, he is.

I still can't believe that, that is so hilarious. East Coast reporters in bed by the time West Cost games start I guess.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I still can't believe that, that is so hilarious. East Coast reporters in bed by the time West Cost games start I guess.
Dallas games start on the east at 8:00 or 8:30pm. Do you really think most people are in bed be then? That’s prime hockey watching time when all the rays chores and tasks are done.

It’s actually the other way around. The eastern games start at 4:00pm on the west. At that time of the day people are still getting home from work, picking up the kids from school, preparing dinner, going grocery shopping, mowing the lawn etc.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Big McAvoy fan but I loved Heiskanen from the first time i watched him play.
There will be scads of d-men finishing 2nd to him in polls so no slight on Charlie.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Why not?

I'd put money on him being the #1D in Dallas this season.
Heiskanen had a very good rookie season and was a thrill to watch with his puck moving ability, good speed and mature two-way game. However he hasn't put up the results for me analytic wise. He doesn't grade out as #1 defenseman/top 25-30 defenseman in possession, isolated impact at 5v5, shot contribution and GAR. He is a very talented defenseman and could absolutely cement himself as a 1D next season league standard. Although he isn't going to surpass Klingberg as Dallas best defenseman next season.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Anyone’s who voted McAvoy here that’s isnt a Bruins fan should be ashamed of themselves.

Anyone so certain of this after just one season has a spurious analytical ability, in my opinion. You could very well be right in this particular case, but more I'd wager that more often that not you'll miss the mark because the foundation relies too much on projection.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Heiskanen had a very good rookie season and was a thrill to watch with his puck moving ability, good speed and mature two-way game. However he hasn't put up the results for me analytic wise. He doesn't grade out as #1 defenseman/top 25-30 defenseman in possesion, isolated impact at 5v5, shot contribution and GAR. He is a very talented defenseman and could absolutely cement himself as a 1D next season league standard. Although he isn't going to surpass Klingberg as Dallas best defenseman next season.

Heiskanen carried Polak as his D-partner as a rookie, he& Lindell kept the stars in it when Klingberg went down.

He already did at times last season, not on #1pp but at es. He's going to be a 3zone beast.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Sadly Heiskanen isnt underrated, hes getting overrated by these "underrated so we stretch the rubber on the otherside" type of posts.

McAvoy is better right now, Heiskanen should close in. I think both end up being 20-10 range top Ds in the league. McAvoy has the upper hand in physical play and is a no-nonsense player, but Heiskanens skating is so special that he may just end up better.

Its a toss up and I cannot decide.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Heiskanen carried Polak as his D-partner as a rookie, he& Lindell kept the stars in it when Klingberg went down.

He already did at times last season, not on #1pp but at es. He's going to be a 3zone beast.
I'm not denying Heiskanen is a great player because he is. Miro just isn't a 1D in my opinion as of right now.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
McAvoy is better currently but I have a hard time passing up Heiskanen's skating

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Anyone so certain of this after just one season has a spurious analytical ability, in my opinion. You could very well be right in this particular case, but more I'd wager that more often that not you'll miss the mark because the foundation relies too much on projection.

If I was expected to put as much serious thought and analysis into answering a poll on HFboards as I am at work, I sure as hell wouldn't bother participating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->