Heiskanen vs Dahlin

• Heiskanen

Votes: 83 33.6%
  • Dahlin

Votes: 164 66.4%

• Total voters

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Dahlin should and will win this poll. Better poll should be who will have a better rookie season or who is so far

I think it's closer than people think though

1st overall pick taken last year though and showing he can play at this level? He'd beat anyone in a prospect comparison poll

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Dahlin should and will win this poll. Better poll should be who will have a better rookie season or who is so far

I think it's closer than people think though

1st overall pick taken last year though and showing he can play at this level? He'd beat anyone in a prospect comparison poll
Maybe, but IMO Heiskanen has been more impressive. Also most pundits Ive seen that are giving early calder predicitions have Heiskanen above Dahlin. I think this is incredibly close.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
This should be a fun question to revisit in 5 years.

Too close to call right now, IMO.

Reactions: Kcb12345

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
I finally got to catch both, and theyre amazing.. wow. Umm tbh, I'm not too sure which one is better rn and thats only cause they both look so good. I do think Dahlin will be better going forward, and maybe miro is better now.

c4rdsh4rk

Sep 17, 2007
the fact more people pick dahlin doesnt mean most of them think hes way ahead of heiskanen. personally i like heiskanens 2way no.1 potential but i havent watched much of dahlin, and of course hes got the potential to bust out big on the offensive end of it.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Its not like Dahlin is failing up to expectations even when he's not getting points he's rarely getting scored against at even strength...he got one minus against the Predators a few games ago the past 6 games he's only got 2 assists but still was +4 in those games despite 5 of 6 being losses. Sabres just got outscored 6 to 2 yet he was +1 with 1 assist. Unfortunately the Sabres have been piling up injuries on the defense so we are stuck icing pretty awful bottom pairs til McCabe/Scandella come back. I doubt anyone would argue that Bogosian is carrying the top pairing atm....:laugh:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Its not like Dahlin is failing up to expectations even when he's not getting points he's rarely getting scored against at even strength...he got one minus against the Predators a few games ago the past 6 games he's only got 2 assists but still was +4 in those games despite 5 of 6 being losses. Sabres just got outscored 6 to 2 yet he was +1 with 1 assist. Unfortunately the Sabres have been piling up injuries on the defense so we are stuck icing pretty awful bottom pairs til McCabe/Scandella come back. I doubt anyone would argue that Bogosian is carrying the top pairing atm....:laugh:

Where do you get your stats from? In today's game he was -1 with no points

The injury argument is definitely not an excuse either. Stars have been using 3 AHL dmen on the roster for a month now. The other dman in our bottom 4 that's not an AHL dman is Roman Polak

Your post has quite a few things wrong with it :laugh:I get what you're trying to say though

Reactions: TrillMike

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
Not saying that he isn't good, I just don't believe it should be this lopsided because I think that they are very close as players.
If a player is better by a slim but clear margin then he should get all the votes theoretically. The poll numbers should answer the question asked not a representation of how close the players skill level are relative to eachother

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Where do you get your stats from? In today's game he was -1 with no points

The injury argument is definitely not an excuse either. Stars have been using 3 AHL dmen on the roster for a month now. The other dman in our bottom 4 that's not an AHL dman is Roman Polak

Your post has quite a few things wrong with it :laugh:I get what you're trying to say though
I believe Espn had the wrong stats for the Philly game listed there when I looked but still +2 overall despite the Sabres being outscored in 5 of 6 of the games.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Not saying that he isn't good, I just don't believe it should be this lopsided because I think that they are very close as players.

I think this is a common misconception on HF. A lopsided result doesn't mean one player is vastly superior to the other. It just means there is a consensus. One player could be 98/100 with another being 99/100 but if everyone is in agreement the 99/100 player would win the poll in a landslide. It doesn't mean he is vastly better.

EDIT: just saw this is answered above too

Reactions: Leonhard Euler

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Lol if you want to talk injuries on the backend and how that might affect other dmen play you should take a peek at what Dallas in icing... as a small preview they have Roman Polak playing just about 22 a night right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad