Heiskanen vs Dahlin - Better hockey career?

Heiskanen vs Dahlin - Better hockey career?

• Miro Heiskanen

• Rasmus Dahlin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
I have already done that about 50 times. How about this? Points per game in the NHL

Dahlin 0.57
Heiskanen 0.47

U20 Points per game

Dahlin 0.67
Heiskanen 0.40

Dahlin has more hits, 123 in comparison to Heiskanens 34, and a much better takeaway/giveaway metric.

Dahlin has a CF% of 52.2 in the NHL
Heiskanen has a CF% of 51.0
People asu you, that how would you rank them atm.. and then you post their U-20 stats..

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

By these stats, their season isnt comparable at all..

Dahlins HDCF% is alarming low, for a player who's better defensively than Heiskanen...

Last edited:

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
Ah I see the biggest Heiskanen hater on HF boards in AB13 is back at it again. Guy has no clue what he's talking about and isn't worth anyone's time. Even if every single stat was in Heiskanen's favor he'd still deny it

That's what countless Finns and Stars fans did entire last season tho when Dahlin lead basically all stats.

Also this is yet another thread regarding these two created by a Finn and mostly Finns arguing in it cuz they care way more, so I feel it's a bit ironic then to jump the few who have energy to face them in this debate when the Miro side is and has been equally as biased through this, re-starting and driving this debate far more often than not as well.

Reactions: AB13

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think Heiskanen will be better. Dahlin looks to be following in Ekblad's footsteps, whereas Heiskanen's trajectory seems to align better with Doughty's.

The term WTF was made for the part in bold as there is zero suggestion of that taking place.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
The term WTF was made for the part in bold as there is zero suggestion of that taking place.
1st overall pick D-man, great rookie season in a limited role, struggles when the role's being increased.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
1st overall pick D-man, great rookie season in a limited role, struggles when the role's being increased.

In Ekblad's 3rd season he had a line of 68-10-11-21 minus 23, Dahlin is in no way trending towards that type of season next season at all, you can book on it.

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
Who had a better career Dan Boyle or Drew Doughty? There is your anwser.

Heiskanen by a huge margin here. Dahlin might have the best career out of nr.1 drafted Dmen though.

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019

Dahlin's role hasn't been increased this season, it's been the opposite under Krueger cuz of the way he's coaching. BTW, these two guys play on different teams with different coaches, rosters, tactics, injuries. Just a lil FYI.

Only part Dahlin's role has increased this season has been in PP since he's been on PP1 since the start, where he's been great. So I feel you are a bit off here saying he's been struggling with an increased role.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
That's what countless Finns and Stars fans did entire last season tho when Dahlin lead basically all stats.

Also this is yet another thread regarding these two created by a Finn and mostly Finns arguing in it cuz they care way more, so I feel it's a bit ironic then to jump the few who have energy to face them in this debate when the Miro side is and has been equally as biased through this, re-starting and driving this debate far more often than not as well.

That's just not true. Last year Dahlin probably had the better season but Heiskanen had a great season too with advantages in defensive metrics. Their point shares last year were nearly identical, 6.6 for Dahlin (3.2 O + 3.4 D) vs 6.5 for Heiskanen (2.2 O + 4.3 D) so depending on your preference for offense vs defense, or your affiliation as a Swede/Sabres fan or Finn/Stars fan, you really could make an argument for either being better. This year, the gap is massive, and while Dahlin hasn't been bad on aggregate, he is nowhere near the top 10 players where Heiskanen is currently sitting. There is actually no argument for Dahlin being better this season, but fortunately for Dahlin fans, that's not the question being posed here.

There is still an argument for who is going to be better just because there is no way to objectively quantify metrics that haven't happened yet, so threads like these essentially ask the board where their biases lie. Would you expect a Finn to concede that Dahlin is going to be the better player? No way, not when Heiskanen has been this good.

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
That's just not true. Last year Dahlin probably had the better season but Heiskanen had a great season too with advantages in defensive metrics. Their point shares last year were nearly identical, 6.6 for Dahlin (3.2 O + 3.4 D) vs 6.5 for Heiskanen (2.2 O + 4.3 D) so depending on your preference for offense vs defense, or your affiliation as a Swede/Sabres fan or Finn/Stars fan, you really could make an argument for either being better. This year, the gap is massive, and while Dahlin hasn't been bad on aggregate, he is nowhere near the top 10 players where Heiskanen is currently sitting. There is actually no argument for Dahlin being better this season, but fortunately for Dahlin fans, that's not the question being posed here.

There is still an argument for who is going to be better just because there is no way to objectively quantify metrics that haven't happened yet, so threads like these essentially ask the board where their biases lie. Would you expect a Finn to concede that Dahlin is going to be the better player? No way, not when Heiskanen has been this good.

What did you mean is "just not true" of the things I wrote? The fact that Dahlin led most stats last year is a fact and I mentioned that as a comparison to what the other person wrote. Not to debate who is currently better or who will have a better career, or even who had a better rookie season. Also the fact that Finns start these threads and drive them more often than not is also true, if that's what you meant.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
What did you mean is "just not true" of the things I wrote? The fact that Dahlin led most stats last year is a fact and I mentioned that as a comparison to what the other person wrote. Not to debate who is currently better or who will have a better career, or even who had a better rookie season. Also the fact that Finns start these threads and drive them more often than not is also true, if that's what you meant.

^ was strictly untrue.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad

Well, he didn't lead all stats like you said. Now you're backtracking from that by saying "most." So you know what he means.

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
Well, he didn't lead all stats like you said. Now you're backtracking from that by saying "most." So you know what he means.

Nope, I said "basically all stats", so try again. And I didn't know if he meant the stats part or the Finn part or both, so I apologize I didn't make that clear enough for you.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
Except I remember swedish starting most Dahlin vs Heiskanen threads last season..

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
Except I remember swedish starting most Dahlin vs Heiskanen threads last season..

I did a search now and found 1.. Don't know if they have archived some that don't show up for that or any other reasons, but would be weird then if that only applied to the Swedes you claim to remember and not the others starting them.

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Buffalo HDCF% with Dahlin on the ice 38.79%, without Dahlin 51.43%

Dallas HDCF% with Heiskanen on the ice 57.92%, without Heiskanen 52.66%

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
Sabres fan here, this is my opinion on both players
Skating: dahlin-5/5 heiskanen-5/5
Both are amazing skaters dahlin has sublime edgework and has good speed whereas heiskanen is elite in all aspects of skating dahlin has the edge in lateral mobility but heiskanen takes skating because his edges are elite along with his speed
Offense: dahlin-4.5/5 heiskanen-4/5
Dahlin is incredible with the puck he uses his edges along with stickhandling to break ankles and has the vision and iq to make good reads and quick passes and is able to spring forwards from behind his own net with ease would be a 5 if he had a better shot needs to improve all areas if his shot while heiskanen is a jack of all trades when it comes to offense uses his speed and vision to transition the puck he gets a 4 because i don't feel he has much creativity as dahlin and his vision not quite as good, has an excellent shot and a more consistent game
Defense: dahlin-3.5/5 heiskanen-5/5
Dahlin is able to pin players, strip the puck and has excellent positioning and iq but simply does not do it on a consistent basis and has some occasional defensive lapses that are sometimes costly whereas heiskanen plays mostly a mistake free game and is better at takeaways but is not as physical as dahlin you won't find him making huge mistakes often but is able to recover when he does something dahlin was good at last year.
Overall heiskanen is the more well rounded player and is playing in the 1d role but dahlin has more game breaking ability and is less polished but is excellent under pressure and as he matures his mistakes will go down and become a more complete player heiskanen is dynamic but dahlin is just absurd when he is on. I'm not saying miro won't improve but dahlin simply has a higher ceiling.

Reactions: KappoTheGoat

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki

Every single post i see from you is something in the likes of "Every single Finn does this so they all are like this and everyone else including me is right" lol you sound ridicilous, everytime you comment it's the same one. Add something of value to the discussion, and stop generalizing all Finns and blaming everything on them.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Sabres fan here, this is my opinion on both players
Skating: dahlin-5/5 heiskanen-5/5
Both are amazing skaters dahlin has sublime edgework and has good speed whereas heiskanen is elite in all aspects of skating dahlin has the edge in lateral mobility but heiskanen takes skating because his edges are elite along with his speed
Offense: dahlin-4.5/5 heiskanen-4/5
Dahlin is incredible with the puck he uses his edges along with stickhandling to break ankles and has the vision and iq to make good reads and quick passes and is able to spring forwards from behind his own net with ease would be a 5 if he had a better shot needs to improve all areas if his shot while heiskanen is a jack of all trades when it comes to offense uses his speed and vision to transition the puck he gets a 4 because i don't feel he has much creativity as dahlin and his vision not quite as good, has an excellent shot and a more consistent game
Defense: dahlin-3.5/5 heiskanen-5/5
Dahlin is able to pin players, strip the puck and has excellent positioning and iq but simply does not do it on a consistent basis and has some occasional defensive lapses that are sometimes costly whereas heiskanen plays mostly a mistake free game and is better at takeaways but is not as physical as dahlin you won't find him making huge mistakes often but is able to recover when he does something dahlin was good at last year.
Overall heiskanen is the more well rounded player and is playing in the 1d role but dahlin has more game breaking ability and is less polished but is excellent under pressure and as he matures his mistakes will go down and become a more complete player heiskanen is dynamic but dahlin is just absurd when he is on. I'm not saying miro won't improve but dahlin simply has a higher ceiling.

This is a opinion that i respect, and kinda agree on. Dahlin has higher potential, i've seen what he can do he's an animal offensively.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Nope, I said "basically all stats", so try again. And I didn't know if he meant the stats part or the Finn part or both, so I apologize I didn't make that clear enough for you.

Right. You said all stats.

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
Every single post i see from you is something in the likes of "Every single Finn does this so they all are like this and everyone else including me is right" lol you sound ridicilous, everytime you comment it's the same one. Add something of value to the discussion, and stop generalizing all Finns and blaming everything on them.

I have NEVER said every single Finn does that. You if anyone is sounding ridiculous for claiming that. I just pointed out the other side is doing the same and are the ones who keep driving this discussion and I did so since a pro-Dahlin got jumped and ridiculed for entering the discussion, just as I am getting now by Finns and Stars fans for pointing that out (feel I need to declare I DON'T mean EVERY Finn or Stars fan now either, lol).

Same thing in every thread like this it feels like..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad