Heiskanen vs Chabot

Which One Going Forward?

• Total voters

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Hard to compare since one plays on one of the better defensive teams in the NHL and one plays in the worst. I suppose that Chabot has more offensive upside and Heiskanen defensive. I tried comparing their unblocked shot heat maps and stuff but it's pointless because Ottawa sucks ass and I don't think that's fair for Chabot.

When it's 50/50, I'll go with the Finn :oops:

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Miro all day and its not close for me. Chabot is a force but Miro is an all around player.

Miro could be the best Dman in the NHL where as I don't see Chabot ever being that.

Reactions: Ajacied

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Would have liked a too close to call option I think that would have won. Voted Heiskanen b/c he has higher upside but you can win a Cup with either as your #1D imo.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Would have liked a too close to call option I think that would have won. Voted Heiskanen b/c he has higher upside but you can win a Cup with either as your #1D imo.
What about Heiskanen’s game makes you think he has higher upside? I haven’t watched to much of him so I’m curious to know. Chabot seems to have really high upside, obviously he reached a lot of that this season. He glides with ease through the neutral zone, has the puck on a string, and has crazy good play making and scoring ability. My biggest knock on him is for a big guy he’s pretty slight and not really solid defensively. He has a big frame so hopefully that changes or at least gets better.

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Chabot will easily be a 70 point player and has a highly respectable defensive game. I'd have to watch Heiskanen but it's harder to rate a player's defensive game.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
What about Heiskanen’s game makes you think he has higher upside? I haven’t watched to much of him so I’m curious to know. Chabot seems to have really high upside, obviously he reached a lot of that this season. He glides with ease through the neutral zone, has the puck on a string, and has crazy good play making and scoring ability. My biggest knock on him is for a big guy he’s pretty slight and not really solid defensively. He has a big frame so hopefully that changes or at least gets better.

Chabot is a very good skater but I'd argue Heiskanen is better. He's an elite skater, high end puck skills, great passer, amazing hockey sense, good shot. It is extremely rare for someone at 19 to show as much poise as he has already shown and I have no doubt in my mind his counting stats will improve. Chabot has a lot of similarities to what I just mentioned above but he's also 3 years older. For a defenceman, 3 years is a lifetime in experience not to mention the transition that Heiskanen had to make for NA while Chabot has been here his whole life. Again, I don't think you can go wrong with either for a #1D and I can see both getting Norris consideration very soon but for me I like Heiskanen better.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Super close but give me Heiskanen by a hair. Can't argue with anyone choosing Chabot here though.

I am a Sens fan and this is how I feel as well

Would it surprise me to see Chabot turn out better? No. He has incredible skill, smarts, and physical tools. But for now I think Heiskanen will reach a slightly higher peak. Both have the ability to contend for Norris trophies though and be ~top 5 D in the league before too long

Reactions: missionAvs

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Chabot is the better player right now but he is more refined and has more time at the NHL level. He isn't better by much though and I would much rather have Heiskanen for the long run. For me Heiskanen will be fighting for the Norris year in year out at his peak and will probably be a top 3 defenseman at his best as well. Chabot will be an elite player, but Heiskanen amongst the league's best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->