Heeter+Biz at least 10x Better Than Matt Mc+Nash

Clearly Biz & Heeter are waaaaaaay better, right?

• Total voters

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I noticed he was absent from the Lightning game on the radio. I turned it off because it was less entertaining.

It would really suck if he is gone.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He was also absent from the Vancouver game and his Twitter has been quiet.
Does this coincide with the Marijuana article by Morgan in the Athletic? Bissonnette was not pulling punches (pun intended) in his beliefs about legalizing and encouraging Marijuana use for medicinal purposes.

The team that traded John Scott because he wouldn’t bow out of the All Star game would definitely also fire the #1 rising media star in the NHL because of his opinion that MMJ is good for people.

He did a Sean Avery interview last week and was still repping the Yotes.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Does this coincide with the Marijuana article by Morgan in the Athletic? Bissonnette was not pulling punches (pun intended) in his beliefs about legalizing and encouraging Marijuana use for medicinal purposes.

The team that traded John Scott because he wouldn’t bow out of the All Star game would definitely also fire the #1 rising media star in the NHL because of his opinion that MMJ is good for people.

He did a Sean Avery interview last week and was still repping the Yotes.
Was just about to say that. Could be a thing were it's still a federal crime here in the US soI imagine it's a touchy subject for an NHL team.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
No link, the speculation above is part of what I heard.

Also, I believe some of the SC episodes are pre-recorded.
The interviews are. But they talk before and after the interviews about the happenings of the week. They’re only a day or two behind.

So you heard from an insider that Bissonnette was being separated from the club and it’s partially because of opinions he expresses outside of his Coyotes-related duties?

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
The interviews are. But they talk before and after the interviews about the happenings of the week. They’re only a day or two behind.

So you heard from an insider that Bissonnette was being separated from the club and it’s partially because of opinions he expresses outside of his Coyotes-related duties?

It wasn't that specific, because I didn't ask for specifics or any follow-up questions. I did get the impression he knew the rules or had been warned. I also wouldn't be surprised if the NHL had some say in the matter.

Whether or not his conduct occurred outside of his direct employment is mute, if there are rules on morals/conduct/ethics in place. Many employers or their regulatory bodies have rules on behavior outside of work.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I feel like it would be more of an NHL thing rather than a Coyotes thing. Biz has said that the Coyotes were always accommodating of his social media antics within reason.

He's mentioned talking to current players about getting them CBD and MMJ, so the NHL might not be very happy with that.

Then again, the Coyotes have never failed to shock me with their shortsighted decisions so I wouldn't be surprised if they had a hand too.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Wonder what the NHL will be doing to Rinaldo, an active player who is on record admitting to using CBD and weed before it was legal?? The NHL and all leagues should be welcoming the reduction in opiod use for those choosing weed rather than the opposite.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Bissonnette will one day be more recognizable and famous than the Coyotes franchise itself. John Scott was a bigger story than anything that happened with the Coyotes that year. They’re so scared of being noticed for anything that they’ll always be irrelevant.

The league probably gets to tell them what to do, in all honesty. Barroway doesn't strike me as a teetotaler type.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
He's mentioned talking to current players about getting them CBD and MMJ, so the NHL might not be very happy with that.

The league should be thrilled with that, considering what a crisis opioid abuse is.

The quest to squash anything unique or non-vanilla with the Coyotes goes on.

Reactions: Lilhoody

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
The league should be thrilled with that, considering what a crisis opioid abuse is.

The quest to squash anything unique or non-vanilla with the Coyotes goes on.
I agree, it's still a federal crime though for the most part, as dumb as it is.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Not all teams are in the US, and for teams in States that gave it legalized there us no crime.
Yes it is, even if it's legal in a state it's still a US federal crime, they just don't bother enforcing it in those states.

The NHL is headquartered in the US, so they can't just flaunt something that violates US law

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Yes it is, even if it's legal in a state it's still a US federal crime, they just don't bother enforcing it in those states.

The NHL is headquartered in the US, so they can't just flaunt something that violates US law
Players live in places where weed is legal, if they challenged the League I would highly doubt they lose. Especially if they produced the opiod numbers.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Players live in places where weed is legal, if they challenged the League I would highly doubt they lose. Especially if they produced the opiod numbers.
It's a US federal law, what more do you want? This isn't a player vs league issue, it's a freaking law issue. Players are free to do whatever they want, but if the NHL has a spokesperson actively encouraging breaking a US federal law then they prob are worried about possible repercussions.

Reactions: Jakey53

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Yotes just tweeted out his Trippin with Biz video. So there's at least some mention of him.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Bissonnette will one day be more recognizable and famous than the Coyotes franchise itself. John Scott was a bigger story than anything that happened with the Coyotes that year. They’re so scared of being noticed for anything that they’ll always be irrelevant.

Yeah.... John Scott even has a trophy named for him.

It’s made from a beer keg.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Hopefully they are just giving him a slap on the wrist for a couple games. It would look real bad on the league to let him go, as he wouod have a platform to discuss what happened.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
He’s the host of the most popular podcast in Canada. And I mean THE host. The other guys could vanish tomorrow and there’d be little impact to subscription and sponsorship. He takes every chance he gets to stick up for the Coyotes and promote them. They’d be very, very stupid to let him go.
Didn't he just join them recently??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad