Value of: Heed, LaDue, Folin, Nelson, Welinski, Santini, Dotchin, C.Wideman or Schmaltz to Edmonton

Stumbling Jack

Jan 4, 2013
Valencia
Blake and Co have said all summer that LaDue will get a fair shot this year. Don’t see him getting moved until that happens and don’t see LA helping a team they may be battling for a playoff spot.

Agreed. The Kings RHD depth has been thin (since Voynov's suspension). Although Ladue isn't that young he's shown potential and I'm glad they're gonna take a hard look at him this season.

Also, Fantenberg played some big min down the stretch last season. With the cap space being as tight as it is these are the kind of players you roll with and hope one of them sticks as oppose to trading (especially to a division rival).

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Dotchin for a 3rd or 4th, Hedman makes his numbers look good but he’s really a #6 dude. Maybe Edmonton could get him back to 16-17 form. Who knows. He has some potential but not in Tampa.
It's crazy how his value has dropped. You were very high on him about 1 year ago.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
It's crazy how his value has dropped. You were very high on him about 1 year ago.
His numbers are still pretty solid but he just isn’t very good defensively at the NHL level. He’s not fast enough to cover the rush well and not strong enough to clear the crease very well. He is a pretty damn good passer though, just not good defensively and not a shooter at all. He’s fine when being babysat by Hedman but Girardi is better at that and we could also give Hedman an actual partner like Stralman or Sergachev. Dotchin still has some upside he just needs to get more aggressive defensively and make less turnovers I guess. But for now he’s a smaller and better offensive Sustr.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Doubt Stl would move Schmaltz. He's our only RHD prospect. Not crazy value untouchable, but you'd have to convince Stl to move him.

Reactions: 67Blues

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Where does Khaira stand on the depth chart? I could see him being someone the Ducks would like if the Oilers called about Welinski. Could add a swap of AHL prospects for both teams to maintain depth at both positions.

Something along the lines of Khaira + Mantha for Welinski + Nattinen?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Where does Khaira stand on the depth chart? I could see him being someone the Ducks would like if the Oilers called about Welinski. Could add a swap of AHL prospects for both teams to maintain depth at both positions.

We’d prefer to keep Khaira. He had a really good year last year and he’s dirt cheap.

Probably playing 3rd line this year. Can’t lose him without a new young third liner coming back.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB

Khaira is very well liked by the fanbase, especially the "brown" community, I can verify that being a part of that community myself. As far as I can tell the org likes him too. Good, young, cheap, tough 3rd or 4th liner that we'd prefer to keep unless the other team is seriously overpaying. I know it kinda sounds crazy, but in a city that is as multicultural as Edmonton, this 3rd liner sells tickets, jerseys, and increases viewership. I dont think he would be traded.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Khaira is very well liked by the fanbase, especially the "brown" community, I can verify that being a part of that community myself. As far as I can tell the org likes him too. Good, young, cheap, tough 3rd or 4th liner that we'd prefer to keep unless the other team is seriously overpaying. I know it kinda sounds crazy, but in a city that is as multicultural as Edmonton, this 3rd liner sells tickets, jerseys, and increases viewership. I dont think he would be traded.
We’d prefer to keep Khaira. He had a really good year last year and he’s dirt cheap.

Probably playing 3rd line this year. Can’t lose him without a new young third liner coming back.

This all makes sense. Some of the line/depth chart sites don't list him in your healthy 4 lines but I had a feeling he was more highly regarded than that.

Reactions: 780il

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
This all makes sense. Some of the line/depth chart sites don't list him in your healthy 4 lines but I had a feeling he was more highly regarded than that.

Our lineup is a bit nebulous. Even more so because he can play any forward position.

My guess is the lineup looks something like this to start:

RNH-McDavid-Rattie
Rieder-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Strome-Khaira
Caggiula-Brodziak-Kassian
Aberg

McLellan juggles things around a ton and pretty much any winger could be anywhere on any given night (except RNH) but Khaira is an everyday player. Did Kassian and Lucic’s jobs better than they did last season for a fraction of the cost.

Reactions: 780il

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I’d hate if we traded Welinski but I wouldn’t be surprised if we did as Murray and Carlyle don’t seem that high on him

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016

Mantha's eye is messed up. He likely doesn't hold any value due to his injury sadly

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Ayyy fellow brown guy.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Mantha's eye is messed up. He likely doesn't hold any value due to his injury sadly

To further go into this, Mantha had a blood clot that left him blind in one eye. Really sad and a complete freak incident.

I know Soderberg manages, and another guy with seriously impaired vision whose name escapes me, but it could very well mean the end of his hockey career. We don’t know yet.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I would rather keep Heed, personally. He's one of two legitimately good offensive d-men we have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad