Votes: 5 10.4%
  • 2close2call

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Provorov is one of the most overrated players in the NHL. This is Hedman AINEC.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Provorov for Norris... Norris 2022. Give him a few years, he'll be in a conversation - but not yet. By the way, Provy is not overrated. He is a type of a D that get undervalued based on stats, that aren't flashy - but are the MVPs of their teams for many years. So sure, people are excited to see a 20 year old defensive horse (pardon the expression) with his level of IQ, skill and mental toughness.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Hedman is clearly the better player but Provorov is 6 years younger and is ahead of where Hedman was by his 2nd year by a wide margin.

Hedman for 5 more prime years and 10 total?

Or Provorov for 10 more increasingly prime years 16 total?

That's what makes this close. Safe choice is Hedman, top 5 guy and only 26. I have Hedman 2nd or 3rd out of all defensemen "going forward" along with Provorov. I really think Provorov is the future.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hedman is clearly the better player but Provorov is 6 years younger and is ahead of where Hedman was by his 2nd year by a wide margin.

That's what makes this close. Safe choice is Hedman, top 5 guy and only 26. I have Hedman 2nd or 3rd out of all defensemen "going forward" along with Provorov. I really think Provorov is the future.

I think it's always a mistake to compare where guys were at specific years in their development and draw conclusions from it. Some players are just late bloomers. Hedman was an average bloomer, but bloomed into a dominant defenseman.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Is this poll serious? Hedman is a legit top-5 D-man in the league whereas Provorov is a solid 2nd pairing D-man going forward.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Hedman is rpobably a top 5 D in the NHL , maybe even top 3. Provorov has a lot of upside but he's not there yet. So moving forward i'd still pick Hedman. Took him a whie to fully realize his potential but now he has arrived and he's terrific.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
This is a joke right? Provorov isn't even a bonafide top 20 defender that you can build your team around yet. Hedman is a top 10 defenceman in the league still in his prime.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Not every controversial opinion you hear from a fan of some team is worthy of making a poll over
This is obviously Hedman

Reactions: mrmovies779

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Why do people use this terrible logic? Myers was snignificantly better than hedman in his rookie season where is he now? Doughty was leagues above Hedman as a 2nd year, is he astronomically better than Hedman 7 years later? You have absolutely no idea where some players may stagnate which is why reaching the top is so hard to predict. I'll take the guy that's already there and only 26.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Hedman is clearly the better player but Provorov is 6 years younger and is ahead of where Hedman was by his 2nd year by a wide margin..
Sergachev is also doing way better than what Hedman did at that age. Doesn't mean he'll be better.

And for Dom, you don't have to make a thread every time someone says something you don't like. People tend to say some crazy stuff on the internet, especially here.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Sergachev is also doing way better than what Hedman did at that age. Doesn't mean he'll be better.

And for Dom, you don't have to make a thread every time someone says something you don't like. People tend to say some crazy stuff on the internet, especially here.
yeah but its fun isn't it?

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Every sane person takes Hedman at this point. Provorov is an amazing talent, but you don't take him over a proven top 5 defenseman in the NHL who's still only 26 years old.
agreed which makes this thread all the more fun

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Obviously Hedman. Barring injury, Hedman will be better at 35 than Provorov will be at any point in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad