Hedman vs Karlsson READ OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
Please explain.

I made a legitimate poll, as the HF consensus is Karlsson>Hedman but I thought contracts could even it out.

Mmm... no. You are just desperately trying to win one of your ridiculous polls and get at least One reason to call Hedman better.
You could use the advice from last page
Maybe try a poll where one of Karlsson's hands is replaced by a hoof and he can only skate backwards.

Or something like:
Which player would be able to most effortlessly reach for his christmas socks on the top shelf of his closet, Karlsson or Hedman?
That should get you something to pump your tires with

Last edited:

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Hedman. Better and more valuable. Karlsson is going to make $11+M, while Hedman makes $7.875M and is better

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Actually I did expect this because HF thinks Karlsson is an untradeable demigod.

After the year he just had? With good reason!

Have you ever seen Happy Gilmour? There is a scene in which Adam Sandler says "Looks like Happy learned how to putt! Uh oh!". Karlsson's play last year reminded me of that. Looks like Erik learned how to defend, uh oh!

I'm a Leafs fan and even I think he is the third best player in the world (and honestly, I don't think he's that far off Crosby and McDavid).

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Don't worry, at some point though sheer tenacity and repetition you'll come up with the perfect recipe with which to show that Hedman is better than Karlsson via HF poll.

Nah not in a who is the better player poll.

I thought this one might be closed due to contracts though.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Nah not in a who is the better player poll.

I thought this one might be closed due to contracts though.

For what it's worth, I think Hedman might have the best contract I'm the league. But unless Karlsson ends up getting McDavid money, which I don't think will happen, he's the guy I take.

That being said, I think Hedman is the second best defenseman in the league. Dude has everything you could want from a defenseman.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
For what it's worth, I think Hedman might have the best contract I'm the league. But unless Karlsson ends up getting McDavid money, which I don't think will happen, he's the guy I take.

That being said, I think Hedman is the second best defenseman in the league. Dude has everything you could want from a defenseman.

Thank you for a legitimate answer and not "Karlsson AINEC" or "Hedman sucks" or "OP just wants an excuse for Hedman to win"

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Thank you for a legitimate answer and not "Karlsson AINEC" or "Hedman sucks" or "OP just wants an excuse for Hedman to win"

I try to be objective.

Speaking to their value, let's put it this way. For Karlsson, I would give up anything but Matthews, including Marner and Nylander.

For Hedman, I would give up anything but Matthews, including Marner *or* Nylander.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I try to be objective.

Speaking to their value, let's put it this way. For Karlsson, I would give up anything but Matthews, including Marner and Nylander.

For Hedman, I would give up anything but Matthews, including Marner *or* Nylander.

Makes sense

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I have him 4th ;)

But he isn't near Sid or Connor.

He is when he's on. Since 2017, the experts have often compared him to them while having him in the top 3. Many people say he tilts the ice almost as much as those 2 when he's on the ice, and the fact he's on the ice more brings their on ice value in a game very close.

Talking bout karlsson,crosby, and mcdvavid here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad