Hedman vs Karlsson READ OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Karlsson. If you aren't willing to pay Karlsson whatever he wants you wouldn't be one of the teams in play for him if he's available.

Anybody willing to give up the assets required to get Erik Karlsson are getting him with the intention of him being around for the next near decade. They aren't looking at him as 2 years left.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Karlsson. If you aren't willing to pay Karlsson whatever he wants you wouldn't be one of the teams in play for him if he's available.

Anybody willing to give up the assets required to get Erik Karlsson are getting him with the intention of him being around for the next near decade. They aren't looking at him as 2 years left.

Valid point.

However, Hedman is being paid under 8 mil and Karlsson will go for well upwards of 10.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Valid point.

However, Hedman is being paid under 8 mil and Karlsson will go for well upwards of 10.

Pure speculation. In reality they are both worth 10+, but at this point no one has any idea what Karlssons plans may be. For all we know he plans to sign an identical contract to Hedman for the opportunity to choose his own situation.

Now there is some value in the certainty, but IMO Karlsson's on ice value is so high that I don't see it being a deterrent to any team with serious interest in pursuing him.

SensNation613

Dec 30, 2013
Ottawa
When it comes to franchise talent, getting the better player for 2M more is worth it. I think Karlsson is up there with McDavid and Crosby as the top 3 players in the NHL so I'd rather have the better talent on ice despite the contractual situation. With that said, Hedman is the more safe option since he's locked into a long-term contract but I think Karlsson's talent is worth more than that.

Also, when posting a poll, it's best to stay neutral.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Tough call. Anyone looking to add either is probably at contender status or damn close to it. Karlssons caphit is only 6.5 right now for 2 more seasons. I'd say Karlsson has more value right now.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Tough call. Anyone looking to add either is probably at contender status or damn close to it. Karlssons caphit is only 6.5 right now for 2 more seasons. I'd say Karlsson has more value right now.

Plus add on his ridiculous playoff run for recent added hype/value.

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
With the loyalty of NHL players, almost everybody will resign with their team unless otherwise stated, especially in the case of superstars in their prime so Karlsson will stil trump Hedman

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
Karlsson.

OP should be banned from making pools, these blantly tilted ones are annoying.

They are also essentially 20 versions of the same thing, everyone knows what he is trying to do.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Karlsson.

I love Hedman, but I'd still take Karlsson at 10-11m over Hedman at 8m. Karlsson is THE best defenseman in the league and a tier of his own, imo and it's not like there's much of an age difference to tilt it the other way.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Please explain.

I made a legitimate poll, as the HF consensus is Karlsson>Hedman but I thought contracts could even it out.
As many of your leaf brethren you over overvalue contract length.

Hedman is a great d-man, he isn't and will never be Karlsson though.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Karlsson will be locked up long term. The Senators would trade the whole team if they had to, to make that happen

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Voted Karlsson simply because you obviously tried to make this a lopsided poll... and it's backfiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad