Hedman+Karlsson+Doughty vs Prime Gretzky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
I would give prime Gretzky away if I could avoid having Hedman in my team.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Hedman really drags that first option down. If you switched him with burns or Weber I'd go with them but as it is I choose Gretzky

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Well I would consider addding three franchise D-men but of the guys listed I only see 2 franchise d-men. Hedman is not a franchise d-man.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Hedman is a negative and cancels out Karlsson and Doughty due to being poor defensively. Gretzky here but maybe if you replaced Hedman with a better dman then maybe I'd lean towards the dmen

Scholarships

10 Piece
Apr 3, 2016
Missclicked the 3 defencemen but I want Gretzky. I wouldn't want Hedman since that would make Dom also a fan of my team which I don't want.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Yeah, replace Hedman with Brent Burns and I'm picking the 3 d-men. Honestly I might just take Doughty and Karlsson alone over Gretzky but Hedman just adds too much to the salary cap.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
This is easily the 3 defensemen - especially if they keep their knowledge and coaching.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Hahaha I was so confused for a second but then I saw the op and it all made sense

Lmao me too, I should've known better... another famous thread by DBF

Keep picking Gretzky so we can close this poll.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Lmao me too, I should've known better... another famous thread by DBF

Keep picking Gretzky so we can close this poll.

Didn't take me long to guess who made this thread after seeing the title. :)

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=135829067&postcount=227

OP is obsessed and keeps making random biased polls to make Hedman look better than what he actually is.

I mean. in order....

Hedman is arguably the 2nd best defenseman in the league, so not a huge stretch

Every year for the past 4 -5 years, every Subban/Hedman poll usually ended up in Subban's favor. If Hedman won this one, it's new. Not a bad poll

People were saying the same thing for Karlsson. Because Burns' production fell off at the end, maybe he loses out on the norris (whether in favor of Karlsson, more likely, or hedman, less likely)

I pick Tavares over Hedman myself. Not sure about you

Karlsson > Hedman. But again, if not hedman what defenseman can you compare Karlsson to? It's better then asking to compare Karlsson to someone like Chara or Hamilton.

A year ago I would have agreed. Hedman >> Matthews in value. Since the end of last season, i've changed my mind. Matthews' stock went up a LOT. Not sure when this was posted, but that one may be ridiculous if recent

I don't like Gio. I'm sure a lot of flame fans feel he's better than Hedman though, i know a lot of them tend to overrate him.

I dunno he likes Hedman but i rarely notice anything wrong with his posts. You guys are all ganging up on him for some reason.

On the subject. I actually love this poll. Very different than usual. I'll vote Gretzky - but the idea of having the 3 best defensemen in the league on the same team sounds almost unbeatable. That's the type of package that just might lead to more team success than even Gretzky could lead to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad