Heavies disappointing

Discussion in 'Hockey Fights' started by straka91*, Feb 9, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. straka91*

straka91* Guest

Before the season started I was really pumped about the East and all the Heavies getting signed. Half way through the season it has become a very big disappointment. Anyone else feel the same way?

Boogaard-Injured Likely done for season
    Mcgratton-In the A
    Godard-Injured/lost a step.
    Shelly-Blows but atleast he plays regularly.
    King-BB hardly dresses him.
    Belak-Might be lucky to get a dozen games in.
    Orr-Injured, chin got weak.
    Peters-Signed, Traded, Let go.
    Leblond-Got set down after gooning it up.
    Koci-Injured
    Scott-Never seems to have a dance partner/dresses.
    Mclaren-Sent down
    Gillies-Willing but know one wants to tangle with him.
    Biznasty-Scrathced a lot.
    Westgarth-A lot of hype but disappointing so far.
    Barch-Balls but sucks
    Stortini-Is he even a heavie?
    Mac-Scratched no partners
    Ivanans-KTFO

But there have been some postives.

Thornton-Tearing it up fight and hockey wise.
    Parros-The amount of fights involved in.
    Carkner-Dropped Boogaard and Injured Godard
    Kassian-Got a couple call ups.
    Boulton-Old man still gots it.
    Boll-Not a heavie and usually out matched but a tough s.o.b.

2. LeafOfBread

LeafOfBread Registered User

As a Leafs fan I'm personally disappointed with Orr. Last year he was a beast, this year not so much.

3. jnyman

jnyman Registered User

Straka, I was pumped with all th signings in the East this off season. I thought it would be a banner year. You know King, Boogaard, Orr, Shelley, Godard, Belak, Carkner etc................
    The year looked like a beauty in the making, then Boogy gets hurt, King starts his crap again getting tweaked and BB leaves him in the press box when he could be taking a shift. Carkner breaks Godards face. But there has been quite a few Highlites.
    Engelland stepping up. Carkner doing the same. Two long time AHL'ers making good.
    Gillies has been willing all year if he's not in the press box. The Islanders have needed him in some games he's been a healthy scratch and thats all on the coach.
    Although maybe Godard might be back from the orbital. He looked pretty good last night. But it was Boll. Boll just is fearles to a fault.
    Belak would be making waves if he had more than 6 starts. I reall don't know how many he has but it seems like that few.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  4. straka91*

straka91* Guest

Agreed Engelland has been impressive. Guess MTL found its heavie in Price lol.

Ps:You have a lot of Vcash.

5. jnyman

jnyman Registered User

Yeah my v-cash exploded after I bet my 500 or so on tonights NHL games. I pm'ed someone I hope can help get it fixed before tommorrows games are put up.
    Montreal could pick up any of the guys floating around. They probably could have stole Andrew Peters this week or Brian McGrattan earlier in the year.

Edit:I googled my v-cash amount I have 184 quintillion v-cash

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  6. Hall09Devils

Hall09Devils Registered User

Would live to see Mac dressed more. Potential HW champ right there.

7. jnyman

jnyman Registered User

@ Oilmoose,
    If Edmonton played MacIntyre regularly I believe he could/would be HW champ this season. I'd like to see John Scott,step up to the plate with Big Mac. We'll see what Scott's really made of. MacIntyre is a whole different animal than Cam Janssen or Kevin Westgarth.

Maybe now that they sent Stortini down, Mac will get to play a lot more. The Oil isn't gonna win the division so they may as well let some guys play and learn. Mac doesn't skate THAT bad.

On a side note but kind of on the same sort of topic with Edmonton.I always thought Stortini did good helping on PK and was a good energy guy with the body checks and good hits and what not. He would drop'em with anybody, but he just was the worse fighter ever and was getting worse every fight. He would show brilliance one night a year and then play peek-a-boo for 35 or 40 games then the rest of the time he'd hang on for dear life or just damn..............I don't know what he would be thinking. I wanted to like Stortini because he was NEVER EVER afraid to be there for a team mate. But I guess the coaching/management knows better than me.

8. jnyman

jnyman Registered User

@ Oilmoose,
    If Edmonton played MacIntyre regularly I believe he could/would be HW champ this season. I'd like to see John Scott,step up to the plate with Big Mac. We'll see what Scott's really made of. MacIntyre is a whole different animal than Cam Janssen or Kevin Westgarth.

Maybe now that they sent Stortini down, Mac will get to play a lot more. The Oil isn't gonna win the division so they may as well let some guys play and learn. Mac doesn't skate THAT bad.

On a side note but kind of on the same sort of topic with Edmonton.I always thought Stortini did good helping on PK and was a good energy guy with the body checks and good hits and what not. He would drop'em with anybody, but he just was the worse fighter ever and was getting worse every fight. He would show brilliance one night a year and then play peek-a-boo for 35 or 40 games then the rest of the time he'd hang on for dear life or just damn..............I don't know what he would be thinking. I wanted to like Stortini because he was NEVER EVER afraid to be there for a team mate. But I guess the coaching/management knows better than me.

9. straka91*

straka91* Guest

Would like to see him dress more but there are no heavies dressing most the time for opposing teams. I think Carkner is the champ this year, pretty impressive so far.

10. straka91*

straka91* Guest

Mac wont get that much more games, Jaques is going to fill that spot most likely. Big Mac and Scott would be an awesome match up. Really want to see how Scott would handle him.

Stortini got sent down because Renny dont think much of him and that showing did help. He is a perfect 4th liner though. If he could learn how to fight he could probably be up there with Parros or Koci.