Heatley and Bertuzzi Represent Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macman

May 15, 2004
fender_bender said:
Anybody who thinks Bertuzzi is not an elite player should have watched tonights Calgary/Vancouver game.

Yup. He's practically unstoppable when he comes from behind the net. I'm glad he's on the team.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
THE SOVIET said:
Jesus **** just get over Todd Bertuzzi.

Why dont we look back at your life and see what slip ups you've made?
Never put anyone in the hospital, robbed someone of their livelyhood or plead guilty to assualt, I must be a regular freakin Albert Schweitzer then! :sarcasm:

Yeah everyone makes mistakes and more often than not we pay for them.

How many here demmanding forgiveness for Todd villified Moore and still continue to do so? (I'm sure this won't get answered)

Yeah Bertuzzi got up and put through the rote act of contrition in front of the cameras. However he hasn't lifted a finger to put some substance behind the apology.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
There isn't a person that has played serious hockey that hasn't done something that could have seriously injured another individual. Everyone gets away with a stick swing or a punch that if a little higher or lower, further to the right or to the left, could have really hurt another player.

I advise all those that have played the game to think of this situation that way, and for those that haven't to just shut up.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
ferns8916 said:
I understand all of the complaints about Bertuzzi being on the team. I really do.

But isn't the goal to win the Gold Medal? Isn't that the goal?

Team Canada is not trying to win a citizenship award or a humanitarian award. They are trying to win a hockey Gold Medal.

And Bertuzzi helps them accomplish that, thus he deserves to be on the team.

Bertuzzi isn't exactly the classiest or most respectable player in the NHL. But he is one of the best players in the NHL. And for that, he should be on a team wanting to win a Gold Medal.

This isn't the Canada/World Cup, it's the Olympics, where sportsmanship and fair play are apparantly the ideals. In my book, Bertuzzi is the antithesis of this and shouldn't be allowed to go. IMO winning isn't everything.

Daily Special

Oct 4, 2005
San Francisco
Shane said:
No, it wasn't a "mistake". A mistake is going 5, 10, heck, even 20 km/h over the speed limit. Heatley was doing approximately 74 km/h over the posted limit. More than double the posted limit. It wasn't a mistake. It was reckless, stupid, illegal, and ultimately fatal.

Let's forget that Heatley can't kill anyone with his Ferrari in the Olympics, Bertuzzi still might go "Bellevue" at any moment and end someones career.

Unless they have some horse tranquilizers on hand, I think having Bertuzzi on the Canadian team is a recipe for disaster. You never know what he might do!

CCF

This is the year....
Feb 8, 2003
Across Canada
King Crab said:
You're missing out on the most important thing - Heatley never intended for anything to happen - he made a stupid mistake. 23 year old kids do that. Bertuzzi obviously never intended to break Moore's neck, but he did intend to hurt him. Bertuzzi's not the first to suckerpunch someone on the ice, and he's not the last, but most of those punches aren't thrown with warm and fuzzy intentions.

I don't hold ill feelings towards Heatley for doing what he did, because things that you can't prevent happen. It's just how life works.

However, to say, "Ohhhhhhhhhh Heatley is 23 years old, and he had a ferrari...kids mess up." What do you think is going to happen when you are going double the speed limit? I may not have a ferarri, but I don't think that changes my mind about my driving habbits. Don't bring age in and pass off what happened as a "growing experience." Trying marijuana is one one thing, but killing your best friend is another.

Bandwagoner

Nov 18, 2003
Canada
Visit site
This may somewhat be a little off topic, but lets look at the Sault Lake City Olympics and the whole situation with Theo Fleury. Numerous individuals were saying the exact same things about Fleury as they are about Bertuzzi, that he could snap at any moment, and look how Fluery turned out. He was one of our best forwardsin Sault Lake. i can still remember him running over i believe it was York in the final game.

However, he has made mistakes in the past, however I think it's really foolish to say that Bertuzzi is going to do anything stupid at the Olympics at all places. He knows he's going to be under an extensively microscope, and i just don't think anyone is that stupid twice. Though who knows, maybe I am just to optimistic, but yes Todd Bertuzzi did screw up in the past, and yes so did Heatley, but both those guys should be there representing Canada.

And all this is coming from a Flames fan who absolutely loathes the Canucks.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
ferns8916 said:
But isn't the goal to win the Gold Medal? Isn't that the goal?

It's not like it's hard for Team Canada to replace him, without losing anything. Maybe even gaining something.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Rush5Collapse5 said:
Unless they have some horse tranquilizers on hand, I think having Bertuzzi on the Canadian team is a recipe for disaster. You never know what he might do!
I'm more worried that Bertuzzi might shame his country by trashing his hotel room.
Oh, wait, that was other Oympians who are at this tourney...

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
bhj said:
I think you watched the Flames game tonight.. enoguh said.. 3 assist..

And against LA, he had no points and was -1. What's your point?

Jazz said:
Yet he has more points than Iginla...

Thanks to Naslund. Before you reply whining about how Bertuzzi carries Naslund instead of the other way around, I'll refer you to the other thread.

Daily Special

Oct 4, 2005
San Francisco
bertcc4mm.jpg

espo*

Rush5Collapse5 said:
While the picture sure made me laugh i don't think you get our mentality up here,most of us have put it aside up here,some may even think in a strange way it could be a good sign.I do expect our guys to be agrressive in Torino.If a few opponents have to be roughed up and knocked around so be it.I won't nail any players to the cross for that.But i'm pretty ruthless of course!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->