Hearthstone #7 - Knights of the Frozen Throne

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I have to say, Supercollider is an amazing card. Fantastic design. Sometimes mediocre, sometimes incredible, but it's a high skill card, both playing with it and against it. I love it.

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
Started playing Day One. Retired today, but not because of losing. Tired of facing dozens of annoyotrons in one game. Just not having fun anymore.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Play arena! I've always found constructed rather boring.

On an unrelated topic, I'm still stuck on the Dr. Boom puzzles. I have three of the four sections left at the hardest level. I'm stuck somewhere in the middle of all three of those. They are seriously difficult.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Play arena! I've always found constructed rather boring.

On an unrelated topic, I'm still stuck on the Dr. Boom puzzles. I have three of the four sections left at the hardest level. I'm stuck somewhere in the middle of all three of those. They are seriously difficult.
You could cheat through by watching some pros beat it on YouTube. I had incredible fun with the puzzles. Some took days to solve.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
You could cheat through by watching some pros beat it on YouTube. I had incredible fun with the puzzles. Some took days to solve.
Nah, that wouldn't be any fun! I've solved a few since then that I was stuck on a while. The Grim Patron lethal puzzle had me befuddled for a long time thanks to playing two cards backwards the whole time. I think I have about 5-6 total puzzles left? I quickly looked at the last lethal puzzle and couldn't find how it was even potentially possible, but I didn't look at it too closely. Can't have any help though.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
IIRC, there's a Defile puzzle that I couldn't imagine not getting help on.

The puzzles varied from fun to overly complicated and annoying.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
IIRC, there's a Defile puzzle that I couldn't imagine not getting help on.

The puzzles varied from fun to overly complicated and annoying.
That's probably the one I'm stuck on. Honestly, I think they're a little bit too difficult on the high end. It almost feels like more trial and error than actually being able to think through it in the first couple of tries. Not all of them are that way, just some of them.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Wow. I was not expecting a Mana Wyrm nerf, but it was clearly a pretty ridiculous 1-mana card. It's just never gotten to the Tunnel Trogg type of power level. And Giggling up to 7 mana! That's crazy. They thought it was still too powerful at 6 mana. I can't imagine anyone playing it now.

The Aviana nerf was a way to nerf Juicy Psychmelon as they mentioned. I don't hate it. You will at least be able to get the full dust refund on it.

No Spreading Plague nerf. Sad day. Spreading Plague is now cheaper than Giggling Inventor.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
im pissed. I recently made the change to play wild almost exclusively so i made the investment in Aviana and Kun.
What really sucks is they don't let you dust Kun for full value even though you craft it just to play with Aviana...

I crafted Aviana just a month ago but don't even use it for Star Aligner. I pair it for a Dollmaster Dorian and Juicy Psychmelon combo which is a lot of fun. I doubt Dorian will ever find much success but I'm glad I crafted it recently. You can pull some fun combos off with it, especially in wild.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Expansion comes in about a month. Pumped or meh?
This will be the first time I won't pre order the expansion since I started playing the game. Just going to stick to playing in Wild. Magic Arena has been taking more and more of my time than Hearthstone and I'm afraid when Magic gets mobile support it looks like I would stop playing Hearthstone altogether.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I stopped playing Hearthstone right before the most recent nerfs. It just became more of a chore to play than actually fun.

Haven't paid too much attention to the new expansion, but from what I've seen, there's nothing really there that draws me back in.

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
There are 3 or 4 good cards revealed in the new expansion that could be playable. I haven't seen any meta breakers yet though.
Immortal prelate and Springpaw are good. Could be good is Shirvalla, sharkfin and rain of toads. Time out could be great but doesn't fit in any pally deck at the moment.

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
Loving the new priest legendary. Looking forward to make a deck with Elise, gettig multiple packs in hand and then dumping them on board in one go. Rogue got some cool cards, I like the weapon that they are getting- getting all them spider rush will be a huge defensive boost. Hunter got some Pejorative Sluredly good cards as well. The new Hero card seems insane as well as the spell that brings back your dead beasts. Druid might have something with the summon a beast from hand with rush for mana , they got some big bad beasts. Palladin got a fun gimmycky shuffle dude for 2 mana that could make something fun and gimmicky (dont think ctrl palladin will be a thing). Shaman - meh. Warlock also pretty meh. Warrior got maybe a new archetype in dragon warrior but the jury is still out.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
27 packs. 1 legendary - the discard Warlock one (I actually wanted that one though).

My free legendary was the awful Warrior rush dude. I'll probably craft the Hunter hero card, since I love Spell Hunter. Otherwise, maybe Shirvallah and something around heal Paladin.

Oddly enough, I got three golden epics despite my legend failures.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Just got Shirvallah as my free legendary. Not a single priest card in 6 packs, the class I play the most.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Spell Hunter is so much more fun with Zul'jin now. And it was already my favorite deck. :laugh:

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
Undertakah druid is very solid, Toggle woggle druid got a better finisher.
I like this expansion. My favorite class is Rogue and I am having great fun with Even Rogue:
### Even pirate
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (2) Bloodsail Howler
# 2x (2) Bloodsail Raider
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 1x (2) Sap
# 2x (2) Sharkfin Fan
# 2x (2) Toxicologist
# 2x (4) Dread Corsair
# 2x (4) Elven Minstrel
# 2x (4) Grave Shambler
# 2x (4) Ticket Scalper
# 2x (4) Walk the Plank
# 2x (6) Cannon Barrage
# 1x (6) Genn Greymane
# 1x (8) Captain Hooktusk
# 1x (8) The Lich King
#
AAECAaIHBM0Dws4CzfQC1owDDbQB7gaIB+cHhgmczgLb4wKi9wKq/wKuhQPPiQPOjAPbjAMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->