Hearthstone #7 - Knights of the Frozen Throne

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Mecha'Thun sounds like it will be really fun to try to pull off.

When it was first released, I thought there was no chance of activating it. Even if it hit the field with the right conditions, your opponent silences it and you lose.

But then Druids got this:

636685380443258212.png

So now I think it's too easy. Hit Mecha'Thun with this, then play it and Naturalize on the same turn.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I just achieved the dream of evolve Shaman getting a sorceror's apprentice and spamming unstable evolution

I'm reasonably certain it was the fastest I've ever clicked in my 5-year history of playing this game

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Mechs look like they're going to be very powerful. This card is going to be absolutely dominant. Seriously - meta-defining in my opinion.

Another mech I can see being crazy-good:

Last edited:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
It took until the last day of the current expansion, but I got my fifth 12-win arena run ever! Just an absolutely dominant Warlock deck. I can't believe it lost once. Still haven't achieved the 12-0 dream yet.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Just based on the cards released, Aggro Mech Paladin is going to be very strong. The Magnetic ability looks like it’ll give them the staying power that they need for even more sustained pressure.

For meme decks, I’m looking forward to the Bunnyhopper Rogue and the OTK Mech Hunter.

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
Did the fireside gathering this Saturday at a local bar. Opened my pre-order packs and got Legendary spells for Priest, Mage and Warlock. Also got the priest Cairne. I hate playing priest :(
At least I got Nemsy so I to can be annoying on ladder.

Now I hope I get the hunter legendary bomber, I think it can be as obnoxious as the original Dr Boom :)

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
In 70 packs:

Zerek's Cloning Gallery
Boommaster Flark
Mecha'Thun
Stargazer Luna
Golden The Storm Bringer

And got Zerek as my free Legendary

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
In 41 packs I got the Floop guy for Druid and the Shaman legendary spell. Free one was the Hunter legendary that summons four Goblin bombs.

Also there appears to be a decent amount of success with Mecha'Thun so far.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I pre-ordered both bundles and the rest were purchased with gold.
Opened packs: 226
golden legendary:4(inc the 3 in pre-order)
legendary: 9
epic: 46

I am not too pleased with the amount legendary cards opened and the epics were a lot of duplicates. I thought it was changed to 1 legendary card out of 10 packs.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I pre-ordered both bundles and the rest were purchased with gold.
Opened packs: 226
golden legendary:4(inc the 3 in pre-order)
legendary: 9
epic: 46

I am not too pleased with the amount legendary cards opened and the epics were a lot of duplicates. I thought it was changed to 1 legendary card out of 10 packs.
Its 1 guaranteed legendary in the FIRST 10 packs. After that, it goes back to the normal rate of guaranteed 1 every 40 packs.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I'd love to play this expansion more, but the game is nigh unplayable on mobile. Between the animations and just the sheer amount of cards they've got now, I can't play more than a game or two without my iPad feeling like it just came out of an oven.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
People are already getting mecha'thun to work in a number of different decks. I wonder if Blizzard underestimated this card.

I was testing it with a friend last night and rolled him every game. He just couldn't get all the pieces he needed to complete it early enough to survive.

As for me, I haven't created a new deck with the expansion cards yet...still exploring my options with Priest before doing anything.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
You know I haven't really played this game in forever. I wonder if just crafting Whizbang would be a good cheap way to play ladder.
Yeah, agree with above. If you're looking to have fun and be semi-competitive in the mid-ladder ranks, go for it! But don't expect to climb way up the ranks this way. I'll probably be crafting Whizbang shortly.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I just don't see the appeal of Whizbang. I mean, I get that it's a great card for new players or those returning after a long break, but the premade deck recipes have almost always been garbage. Don't see why these would be any different.

Bought 15 more packs today, got Dr Boom and Luna's Pocket Galaxy (in back to back packs!). The issue I'm mainly running into is that the Epics I'm getting are almost all bad, and I'm missing the ones that either make decks work (like Psychomelon/Florist/Vial/Elek) or are generally fun to play with (Necromechanic/Espionage/Pinata/Bomber)

I mean, I don't ever see a reason to play EMP Operative or Super Collider.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Because a huge chunk of the player base gets to play decks they'll otherwise never be able to play. How is that not amazing? I've always been F2P. I basically make one, maybe two decent decks an expansion, and I never go past rank 10 due to a combo of not having the cards, and not wanting to put a huge time commitment into the game. Now I can at least experiment with decks and cards I've never used before. My goal is NOT to rank up as quickly as possible if I'm playing him.

And for the record, crafted him last night and went 2-0. Ignoring my current rank and sample size, I'd say I'm on a pretty good pace. :sarcasm:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm always at the bottom of the rankings (the highest I've ever made it was 13 as a F2P player), but I just started using a Lyra+Zerek+Lady in White deck that's been doing really well for me. It needs some tweaking because I'm still vulnerable in the early game, but once I get to the mid game and the spells start rolling it's pretty much game over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->