Hearthstone #7 - Knights of the Frozen Throne

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
That warrior card is meh. Like a Boogey Monster. Coffin Carsher is good in Big priest and I hate it. Obsidian statues after Obsidian statues.
Are you sure about the warrior card? It gives you insane tempo and the potential of fully clearing your opponent's board while leaving a big threatening minion on the board (on top of what you might already have in play).

Boogeymonster does not have Rush which makes it way worse (mana cost aside for a second). You get to clear at least one enemy minion for sure with snowballing potential. Frothing Berserker can win games on its own and it doesn't have Rush. This costs a bit more, has more immediate impact through Rush and the fact it's a 4/4. Not only will your opponent lose a minion, two or all to this, he also needs to immediately react to its big body the next turn via hard removal or silence, probably forcing him to not do the play he had originally planned (handcuffed).

I'm still waiting for more Rush synergy or buff cards to be released. It feels like they're trying to push Tempo Warrior back into relevance. This card alone won't do it but it's a nice tempo gain if used right without having to give up too much for it.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
Are you sure about the warrior card? It gives you insane tempo and the potential of fully clearing your opponent's board while leaving a big threatening minion on the board (on top of what you might already have in play).

Boogeymonster does not have Rush which makes it way worse (mana cost aside for a second). You get to clear at least one enemy minion for sure with snowballing potential. Frothing Berserker can win games on its own and it doesn't have Rush. This costs a bit more, has more immediate impact through Rush and the fact it's a 4/4. Not only will your opponent lose a minion, two or all to this, he also needs to immediately react to its big body the next turn via hard removal or silence, probably forcing him to not do the play he had originally planned (handcuffed).

I'm still waiting for more Rush synergy or buff cards to be released. It feels like they're trying to push Tempo Warrior back into relevance. This card alone won't do it but it's a nice tempo gain if used right without having to give up too much for it.

The difference between Frothing Berserker and this is the fact that Frothing can grow ridiculously quickly with whirlwind effects and larger boards. This gives Frothing a ridiculous amount of explosivity.
The new legendary grows by 2/2 every turn. At best. That's just not enough to snowball out of control reliably.
Usually you will run it into a 2-3 attack minion and your opponent trades it away the next turn or throws some removal at it.

Even if it's a more cost efficient Boogeymonster, it's still a Boogeymonster. And therefore suffers from the same problems.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It's an underwhelming card. Might have been better if it had the Sandworm effect that allowed it to attack again after defeating a monster.

Reactions: TheNeutrality

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
sFeT9oF.png

Cool card, but really unplayable in Hunter at the moment. The lack of card draw in the class means your hand is near empty by turn 10 anyway, so you're buffing 1 or 2 minions at most? And even then, you spent 10 Mana to do basically nothing for a turn. Good way to get killed as a Hunter. Maybe it sees play in the Big Beast Kathreena deck, where even if you draw your Devilsaurs/King Krush, they get boosted?

But I will say compared to the Warrior legendary, it's got a much better "Wow" factor.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Potential 24 burst damage with Leeroy + Faceless in hand. Or 16 damage with King Krush in hand. Or just nice synergy with the DK zombeasts. But yeah, seems unpractical for now (although still about 100 cards left to be released from the new set so who knows).

Sidenote: Dragon tribe card for Hunter is interesting.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yep. It's Blizzards way of exploring some of the ideas they had for Charge minions, without the brokenness of actually being a Charge minion.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I might be wrong but I doubt that hunter legendary sees play at all, it's astronomically slow for a class that is built to win by turn 8 or so.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Emeriss seems pretty broken if it gets some more tools. That's a big IF though. It has always felt like Blizzard half-heartedly throws something out there to suggest a Control Hunter will be viable, but it never really gets enough tools. If you combo that with the Hunter DK card though, I feel like there is still some pretty strong potential there.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
stitched tracker --> discover emeriss --> play 8/8 emeriss --> play 16/16 emeriss --> smack opponent's face for 32 damage with King Crush

OTK Hunter Tier 1 confirmed :sarcasm:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Lady in White
Class: Priest
Card type: Minion
Rarity: Legendary
Mana cost: 6
Attack: 5 HP: 5
Card text: Battlecry: Apply "Inner Fire" to all minions in your deck. (Change their Attack to be equal to their Health)

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
5/5 Corridor Creeper
8/8 with Windfury (Stormwatcher)
14/14 for 10 (Ultrasaur)
4 Mana 7/7 with Taunt.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The more I play Kathreena, the more I love the Giant Sandworm tech.

Stops Spreading Plague and Voidlords in their tracks, and can help regain a board back once you've passed turn 7 waiting to play one of your 8 drops.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
That 3/12 bear will be bonkers. Neutral card with all these beast but foremost recruit and revive synergies...

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Finally a good card.
Dollmaster Dorian.

2/6 neutral legendary, summon a 1/1 of whatever minion you draw.

Could be good in anything.

But it requires to stick on board until your nex turn or for you to have immediate card draw in hand. And that card draw (Divine Favor, Arcane Intellect etc.) needs to pull minions not spells or heroes or weapons. That's a lot of ifs IMO.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
It looks like a supremely shitty version of Barnes. Which I guess is better for the game, considering what Barnes could do.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
It looks like a supremely ****ty version of Barnes. Which I guess is better for the game, considering what Barnes could do.
Yes, that's a very, very good thing for the game. Barnes is one of the worst cards ever printed IMO (as in bad for the game).

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The most recent Legendary reveals feel pretty meh, don't they? Mage got another RNG meme card (Toki). Paladin got a meh effect on a minion that should be a rare or epic card (Glass Knight). For Dorian see above.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The entire expansion seems weaker than previous ones. Maybe it's intentional, simply to try and lower the power level of the meta.

Considering they're giving away a free class legendary with the 3 packs on the 12th, I imagine they're just making shitty class legendaries simply so they're not giving away anything good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->