Hearthstone #7 - Knights of the Frozen Throne

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
the set rounded out nicely, but theres nothing mindblowing to bring me back to the game sadly.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Heh, if this wasn't mind blowing enough, I feel like nothing will be. I didn't start playing until Grand Tournament started but since then, I feel like nothing has been potentially this game changing. There are so many new game mechanics that it'll feel like playing a whole new game IMO.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Heh, if this wasn't mind blowing enough, I feel like nothing will be. I didn't start playing until Grand Tournament started but since then, I feel like nothing has been potentially this game changing. There are so many new game mechanics that it'll feel like playing a whole new game IMO.

Exactly. I love that Blizzard is changing things up, taking chances, and finally utilizing the fact that they're a digital card game. That means you can have cards like Elise the Trailblazer, Archbishop Benedictus, and Dead Man's Hand.

On an unrelated note, I also love how the RNG Gods tend to balance things out. Earlier in the night, I was facing a Secret Hunter with the nuts draw. Secretkeeper into coin Cloaked Huntress with 3 secrets. I quickly lost that game.

Just finished the night with a nuts draw myself. Started with Radiant Elemental, Tar Creeper and two Shadow Visions in my opening hand. Played Visions into Divine Spirit on 2, dropped Creeper on 3 (and drew a Divine Spirit), then drew PW:Shield on 4. Radiant Elemental into Shadow Visions for Inner Fire, beefed up my Creeper into a 24/24, and quickly had the Quest Mage reeling.

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
So what classes will be the ones you are mostly looking forward to trying out again?

I feel Paladin will remain pretty unchanged. Just add the Dk and you are good to go for both midrange and ctrl.

Ctrl warrior or tempo warrior with whirlwinds seems like it will be good - just don't play bring it on (unless you are somehow only facing freemages and they dropped alex).

Pirate warrior got better somehow.

Rogue seems like it will be pretty amazing with managing an extra win condition and turn- Dk card is nuts.

Ctrl warlock could be a thing... but still no real healing.

I think murloc quest shaman will eat everyone alive for the first few days .

Quest mage got some new tools and will be annoying. Mage Dk.. not sold on it.

Aggro druid got stronger. Big druid got better with DK and 10 mana spell.. still won't be tier 1.

Priest.. maybe quest priest got better.. but... I don't know. The new taunt and the King will help.

Hunter.. hunter got some new tools and got better but since all their bad matchups got better to I still think hunter lacks something. Wills till try many different hunter decks before I call it a dead class..again.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I think Lifesteal is a bit underestimated at the moment, especially in a class like Warlock. Defile will also help that class more than many seem to realize. In the right situations (which aren't that difficult to manipulate), Defile becomes a 2-mana Twisting Nether.

I don't think the meta will change much, but I'm really looking forward to the awesome first few days of a new expansion, where no one has any clue what they're doing.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I'll badly try OTK Paladin with Beardo

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
If that becomes an easy thing to do we are looking at a nerf right there. Will definetly craft palladin DK if I don't pick him up. I already have beardo and have never ever used him for anything :)

Got a golden one, had fun playing Shadowform priest before Ungoro. OTK DK is looking to be just as fun.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I can't remember if I dusted Beardo when I got him, but between him and garrison commander I'm definitely going to try otk paladin

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Haven't been paying attention to the new release like last time. Is there anything I should know before hand like HOF cards or make sure to do something before the expansion is live?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Haven't been paying attention to the new release like last time. Is there anything I should know before hand like HOF cards or make sure to do something before the expansion is live?
You can get 3 free packs from arena before launch tomorrow I think.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

No HoF cards and no rotations, but Dreadsteed did get changed, so you can refund it for full dust now if you'd like.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
There's no new pity timer. The only change is that you're guaranteed a legendary in the first 10 packs of Frozen Throne, and you're now guaranteed to not receive duplicate legendary cards in any set unless you already have them all.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I'm excited. When I played WarCraft 3, Arthas was my favorite character in the lore.

Plus, I loved Wrath of the Lich King in WoW.

Really excited for this set. Ungoro was a blast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad