Heart and Soul of Your Team

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Are you really nitpicking on one play in a 82 games season to make an opinion of a players work ethic? Anybody could pull this for any player in the NHL.

There's nothing to debate about if you genuinely think that Radulov is not a hard worker.
the same to you if you think he works as consistently hard as gallagher, which he has never done.
ever,

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
How is that possible when oshie has been with caps for only 4 season when ovie has been his entire career. Its basically like you say Ovechkin doesnt care about caps If someone who jumps to caps from other team has More heart and soul than ovi

I think we are talking about different things. Last season Eddie O called I show "The heartbeat of the Capitals". That's what I am talking about. Ov cares like a capain should. That's different

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Sounds about right for the Bruins... I guess for Boston Brad the Rat is their Pied Piper leading the charge. Buncha rats.

LOL!!!

Pretty awesome post. I love when people hate Boston :D

We could definitely be friends.

We've found the mad guy!

Sorry about that. Hating on the Bruins comes naturally to me as a Habs fan. On the flip side I loved the Red Sox when Pedro used to play for you guys and I love Brady and the Pats. New England is the closest thing to the 70's Habs I can think of.

In addition as an old school Expos fan I hate the Braves and have not forgiven the Jays.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Sorry about that. Hating on the Bruins comes naturally to me as a Habs fan. On the flip side I loved the Red Sox when Pedro used to play for you guys and I love Brady and the Pats. New England is the closest thing to the 70's Habs I can think of.

In addition as an old school Expos fan I hate the Braves and have not forgiven the Jays.
No need to be sorry at all.

Had I been born on your side of the border, I’d be an absolutely insufferable Canadiens fan myself.

I am, however, blown away by how many people from the province of Quebec love the Sox and Pats. I could never root for anyone from New York, although prior to 1960, New England was definitely Giants country. But that was before my time, so I have no recollection of that.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance, sir.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
The answer for the Ducks for the past several years would have been Cogliano.

Now I guess it's Gibson? So many times this year the team played like complete garbage and Gibby stood on his head to keep them in it.

I think it would be Kase if he could just stay on the ice.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
I am blown away by how many people from the province of Quebec love the Sox and Pats. I could never root for anyone from New York, although prior to 1960, New England was definitely Giants country.

Massachusetts and Quebec are actually pretty closely aligned. Both mostly populated earlier by poor hard working Catholics. French for QC and Irish for MA. Both Boston and Montreal evolved into the two largest College towns in North America. In addition MTL has a large Irish population and consequently has had the longest running uninterrupted St-Patrick's Day parade in North America, since 1762. On the other side New England had a large French Canadian wave about a century ago.

As they say the fiercest fights are between brothers. Hockey's nature enabled these two to openly express their ire.

Nice to chat and burn in Hell Mass-hole.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
How would Ov define heart and soul of a team? What’s your source BTW?

When a Caps player needs to step up be it to fight to hit to sacrifice Oshie is the first one to do it. Ov can run over a guy and it doesn't cost him because he is so big. Oshie pays a price for his physical play and his teammates notice. My source is Ov and his own comments. When Oshie's contract came up in the exit meetings with the gm, one player after another including the leaders told him he had to resign Oshie. The heart and soul is most often not the best player or the captain.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Really? Not Stamkos? Hedman?
that's surprising actually
Stamkos, no way, the guy is not a leader whatsoever. Hedman... eh, he does his job as good as you could hope for and leads by example but he doesn't strike me as a heart and sould guy. But what do I know, I'm not in the locker room.

Reactions: JayfromNB1219

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia

So, are you saying that the 70's Habs were cheaters?

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It's gotta be Brendan Gallagher.

The guys is just not capable of taking a night off, and that's the highest praise I can give any professional athlete.

I'm not sure how he is able to do that over a full schedule, while playing balls to the wall every night, in the greasy areas where he is always out sized.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
You think the other players, coaches, training staff, management team would put Marchy as the HEART and SOUL of the Bruins when we have Patrice friggen Bergeron on the same team? Even Chara I would put before Marchand. I love Marchy, but he does not out rank the other two mentioned. Bergeron is the epitome answer here. Chara would garner some votes probably. Just pure class leader, but I think Patrice is absolutely the PERFECT answer.
I think people say Marchand because he's the stereotypical Bruin.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
The Lightning's heart and soul was Marty St. Louis. Then he requested a trade and we got our next true heart and soul player in Callahan. Now that he is injured and no longer able to play, it's hard to see who will fill his skates in that way. :(

Really? Not Stamkos? Hedman?
that's surprising actually

Stamkos? Not bad leader. Decent captain. Heart and soul of the team? Not really.
Hedman? Often one of the alternating A's. Solid leader. Has had too many slow starts to seasons as it sometimes takes months for him to finally wake up and get into Hedmonster mode. Amazing guy but not the heart and soul of the team.

Point has potential. There are times when he will do his best to put the team on his back and try to win all by himself. He'll probably be our Captain some day when Stammer is done. But he still second guesses himself too much.

I'm kinda thinking Gourde might just becoming our heart and soul player though we'll see how things go this season. He never EVER gives up on a puck or a teammate. He is not afraid to dig into the dirty spots or get physical with guys a foot taller. Never gives less than 110% when on the ice. Full of fire and a nice ability to tick off opposing players all the while wearing a huge grin on his face. :laugh:

Cirelli might also be a candidate. Similar never-give-up attitude. Also never gives less than 110% when on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad