Heart and Soul of Your Team

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I would say EJ for the Avs followed by Landeskog.

Calvert deserves a mention for this though :laugh: Took one for the team on an empty netter in the playoffs:

Reactions: Ryan Pat80

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
In all seriousness -- Pageau, Chabot and Anderson.
yeah, Anderson has been there for a while. I don't know about now, but when he's hot, he's GREAT!
Chabot, also. I just couldn't think of anyone. And Pageau, the Habs killer! lol

Reactions: Kamina

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Yeah,like Gally wouldn’t get gassed if he would extend his shift.
at least you didnt deny it in this hypothetical. so there is that,

just so that we are on the same page, take extra long shifts that leads to you being gassed is not a good thing, right ?

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
at least you didnt deny it in this hypothetical. so there is that,

just so that we are on the same page, take extra long shifts that leads to you being gassed is not a good thing, right ?

Ideally no but if you're the teams best forward I think it's better off to have the more talented player even if tired on the ice during crucial moment of the game.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
It sounds like you're bitter because those players are either getting paid or about to get paid. And how can you say that pajama boy is the heart and soul of the team?

There’s no bitterness here at all. I even said they have the right to negotiate their contracts however they want and that they’re not bad people for it. I merely expressed my opinion that their unwillingness to take any sort of slight pay-cut (which Tavares did do - he was offered more money by other teams but took less to sign with the Leafs) to help the club build a more competitive roster disqualified them from being the heart and soul of the franchise in my mind.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Ideally no but if you're the teams best forward I think it's better off to have the more talented player even if tired on the ice during crucial moment of the game.
When you are meh defensively with wind, yeah not so much.

Heart and soul guys play hard every shift for the entirety of the shift. Gallagher isn't only the heart and soul of the habs, he might be standard to which others are compared.

Radulov, not so much. And based on talent, he wasn't better than patches the year he was here. So there is that.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
When you are meh defensively with wind, yeah not so much.

Heart and soul guys play hard every shift for the entirety of the shift. Gallagher isn't only the heart and soul of the habs, he might be standard to which others are compared.

Radulov, not so much. And based on talent, he wasn't better than patches the year he was here. So there is that.

He might have been gased but he was still giving his 100% each and every shift. I seriously don't know where this is going. He always played hard when he was in Montreal and never took a day off.

Last edited:

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
alex-ovechkin-tj-oshie.jpg

The one on the right.

Really? Oshie is the heart and soul of caps over Ovechkin?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sadly the Rangers keep trading away their heart and soul players..

Dubinsky, Callahan, Zuccarello, and soon will be Kreider. I’m all for skill and talent but you need guys who give a crap and give their all and set an example on and off the ice.

I still hope the Rangers will try and find a way to keep Kreider, but it doesn’t look good.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
He was only in Montreal for 1 season and Radulov was by far the heart and soul of that team during that 1 year.

He was terrific. I hadn't enjoyed watching a single Hab on the ice as much since Kovalev.

[MOD]

He was twice the player Paccioretty was that year. Rads' drive was infectious. I guess some people keep pushing that Russians is lazy narrative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nashnaidoo and the

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Yes. Ov would tell you that.

How is that possible when oshie has been with caps for only 4 season when ovie has been his entire career. Its basically like you say Ovechkin doesnt care about caps If someone who jumps to caps from other team has More heart and soul than ovi

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
He might have been gased but he was still giving his 100% each and every shift. I seriously don't know where this is going. He always played hard when he was in Montreal and never took a day off.
when you lose the puck in the corner and give up on the backcheck, you are not giving 100%.

you know who gives 100% every shift ? here's a hint, he wears #11. And he doesn't just give 100% on the easy parts of the ice.

saying that radulov has gallagher's work ethic is laughable, but it turns out that's true for most players not names gallagher,

guys who routinely take long shifts so that they get gassed, aint doing you any favors.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
when you lose the puck in the corner and give up on the backcheck, you are not giving 100%.

you know who gives 100% every shift ? here's a hint, he wears #11. And he doesn't just give 100% on the easy parts of the ice.

saying that radulov has gallagher's work ethic is laughable, but it turns out that's true for most players not names gallagher,

guys who routinely take long shifts so that they get gassed, aint doing you any favors.

Are you really nitpicking on one play in a 82 games season to make an opinion of a players work ethic? Anybody could pull this for any player in the NHL.

There's nothing to debate about if you genuinely think that Radulov is not a hard worker.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
The answer for the Ducks for the past several years would have been Cogliano.

Now I guess it's Gibson? So many times this year the team played like complete garbage and Gibby stood on his head to keep them in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad