OT: Healthy Living Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
hmmm, well for me it doesn't hurt AT my shoulder, only near the upper chest pec and kind of the bicep.
So more at the connection of the arm to the pectoral muscle than the deltoids or joint pain?

If it's pain accompanied by weakness (weaker than usual) it could be tendinitis, probably looking at a 6-8 week recovery time.

Definitely see a doctor to rule out anything more serious, but you'll probably be told to ice/rest it & take ibuprofen.

On a side note, three weeks straight now of Stronglifts 5x5 and walking 5 miles (or more) daily for me. *pats self on back

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Know what really blows? Getting a terrible night of sleep and then sleeping through my alarm to get up and work out before the day starts.

Guess I have to push all my workouts back a day to make up for it. Annoying.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Know what really blows? Getting a terrible night of sleep and then sleeping through my alarm to get up and work out before the day starts.

Guess I have to push all my workouts back a day to make up for it. Annoying.

I was exhausted from work yesterday and didn't do my work out. I was lazy the whole night, so I never did it because I usually do it when I get home from work.

I hate how for me it's much easier to say no to working out than it is to say yes.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I was exhausted from work yesterday and didn't do my work out. I was lazy the whole night, so I never did it because I usually do it when I get home from work.

I hate how for me it's much easier to say no to working out than it is to say yes.

Honestly, that's why I do it in the mornings. I know I'm just gonna brush it off after work/school so I do it early in the mornings because then I have no excuse.

Except for this morning. I woke up during the night at like 1am, 2am, 3am... then I woke up at 4 and my alarm goes off at 4:50 and I was like "**** no." Such an awful, restless sleep.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm having one of those days where I feel like I could put my fist through a wall. :banghead:

Just want to go home and do my workout to cool down.
Take a deep breath son, and relax. It can't be as bad as 89 hours of labor you put your mother through when you were born.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Went for a run, ordered some Asics shoes I'm excited to try those. I think they're called cross training, good for running and weight lifting; need to do more of the former.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Went to the docs today, they think I have a torn bicep. :(

Had an x-ray done to rule out any other injury, then they're gunna give me an MRI.

Hopefully it's not a full tear cuz that would suck1!

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Had an x-ray done to rule out any other injury, then they're gunna give me an MRI.

JI8pCHT.jpg

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Hope your MRI wait is quicker than mine.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Congrats on the weight loss, Stewie! That's great news. And I love NDT, guy has the best tweets lol.

On my second round of Insanity Max:30, just started Month 2 this week. I'm down to 206 from 210 but I think it was just an anomaly because I can never get below 207 on most weeks. So either I busted through the plateau finally or it's just an odd week. Meh, whatever.

Also, I did something to my ankle because it hurts when walking around my house or outside but not when doing cardio, so I'm not sure if it's just my street shoes that lack proper support or if it's something else entirely...

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Meh... I haven't done as much as I should because of the anticipation of round 2. Since we lost game 1 so badly, I'll be angrily exercising today after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad