OT: Health and Fitness Thread

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Earned my way dude from the bottom to the top. If I couldn't handle it my dad would have kicked me to the curb. Being big help in the oil buisness as it's a tough grind when you start out 15 hours days and even longer sometimes in minus 35 weather in ****hle Alberta lol. The buisness side is tougher but the benefits is great but my bro and I paid our dues to get where we are as no handouts happen in this family.
You kind of just basically wrapped up how I'm trying to raise my son. I hope you're enjoying the fruits of your hard work to the max. Props.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
wanna lose weight? quit drinking
I'm abstaining this month...not for any real reason, getting-in-shape-season starts for me in March & I figured why not? I'm not even really a heavy drinker, but a couple beers a night, 6-8 drinks over a weekend adds up. 12 days in and I've lost 7 lbs changing almost nothing else but no booze.

Reactions: Bruckuss

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I know this is a Flyers forum, and you’re a mod. But if you are struggling for time and energy, the solution of what to cut out for a healthier life seems pretty obvious.

Stop raising your child. Just find some anthropomorfic woodland creature to do it. You’re welcome.

Everything in my neighborhood is lazy. I tried talking a fat bird into doing it but all it did was shit on my deck.

Reactions: Starat327 and Magua

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
wanna lose weight? quit drinking
I'm abstaining this month...not for any real reason, getting-in-shape-season starts for me in March & I figured why not? I'm not even really a heavy drinker, but a couple beers a night, 6-8 drinks over a weekend adds up. 12 days in and I've lost 7 lbs changing almost nothing else but no booze.

^ Truth for sure, the alcohol in particular is a game changer for weight loss at least

Say you had 1 or 2 each day after work, then another 6 over the weekend (averages), you're basically up to 15 drinks a week at that point, and @150 cals each you are basically eating an 8th day worth of calories (in addition to the junk you probably eat while you have the drinks).

I cut back to low carb beer last year around this time (sleeman clear, then cracked canoe for any canucks reading this), and no more than 2 per day. In addition to playing a sport 6 days a week (hockey x3, competitive volleyball x2 and circuit training on Mondays), and a change to simple clean food (anything goes, but nothing "ready" made or takeout), the results were fast and I felt great. Probably dropped 10 or 15 lbs and got significantly stronger over the course of the first 90 days.

Sticking with that was tough over the summer, mainly the beers (and smokes) on the patio. This winter, i'm back up to daily activity (can get to 5 ice times a week now!), and slowly weening out the booze, the smokes will follow and then I need to kick this wicked sweet tooth i've developed lately now too lol

TL/DR - start with lighter calorie beer, then cut the qty back, add some sports and clean eats and you will be rocking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad