OT: Health and Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I’m on a great diet right now, feel great, 2200 calories, 50% protein, 20% fat, 30% carbs and almost zero sugar. It’s the most disciplined diet I have ever tried.

The only problem is that it is high in sodium. I am doing a myfitnesspal for it and it has recommended 2300 mg of sodium per day but I’m finding myself coming in at 2500-3000.

It’s coming from things like fish, chicken, eggs, bacon, seasonings and whole wheat bread. It adds up quick, but these items are essential to me hitting my other targets.

Should I try to cut it down? Also, I have read that potassium balances it out so I am considering getting a vitamin supplement although I may be getting enough from the diet anyway.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I’m on a great diet right now, feel great, 2200 calories, 50% protein, 20% fat, 30% carbs and almost zero sugar. It’s the most disciplined diet I have ever tried.

The only problem is that it is high in sodium. I am doing a myfitnesspal for it and it has recommended 2300 mg of sodium per day but I’m finding myself coming in at 2500-3000.

It’s coming from things like fish, chicken, eggs, bacon, seasonings and whole wheat bread. It adds up quick, but these items are essential to me hitting my other targets.

Should I try to cut it down? Also, I have read that potassium balances it out so I am considering getting a vitamin supplement although I may be getting enough from the diet anyway.

Do what works for you. If you get too strict on your diet it won't last. The only reason to be super strict on a diet is if its for a limited time because you are training for a specific goal.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Got my creatine yesterday afternoon. Started on my loading week today. 2.5g pills. 2 of them at breakfast, lunch, and dinner for 15g a day.

Next week down to maintenance which will just be 1 pill with breakfast and 1 pill with dinner for 5g a day.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Do what works for you. If you get too strict on your diet it won't last. The only reason to be super strict on a diet is if its for a limited time because you are training for a specific goal.

Yeah, I’m sticking with it. This works too good. From a numbers standpoint, it looks really strict but I enjoy the food and am very satisfied.

Some things that have helped:

-Eating a big breakfast, 4 eggs, 4 pieces of bacon, 2 pieces of toast

-Putting chicken in my salad for more protein, I’ve been getting chicken tenderloins, tasty, defrost fast, cook fast

-Tzatziki sauce, this is my one source of dairy, I make it with non-fat greek yogurt and just dip raw veggies in it as a snack

-Avocados, a true wonder food, make guac and salsas

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Yeah, I’m sticking with it. This works too good. From a numbers standpoint, it looks really strict but I enjoy the food and am very satisfied.

Some things that have helped:

-Eating a big breakfast, 4 eggs, 4 pieces of bacon, 2 pieces of toast

-Putting chicken in my salad for more protein, I’ve been getting chicken tenderloins, tasty, defrost fast, cook fast

-Tzatziki sauce, this is my one source of dairy, I make it with non-fat greek yogurt and just dip raw veggies in it as a snack

-Avocados, a true wonder food, make guac and salsas

I could put that stuff on dog crap and eat it.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Got my creatine yesterday afternoon. Started on my loading week today. 2.5g pills. 2 of them at breakfast, lunch, and dinner for 15g a day.

Next week down to maintenance which will just be 1 pill with breakfast and 1 pill with dinner for 5g a day.

You don't need to load

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Hmmm everything I’ve read recommends it. Obviously not necessary, but to get faster results at the first week or so, it’s recommended. Maybe I’m reading the wrong stuff though.

That’s probably true just saying you don’t have to do it. It will work no matter what

Reactions: TorMenT

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Hmmm everything I’ve read recommends it. Obviously not necessary, but to get faster results at the first week or so, it’s recommended. Maybe I’m reading the wrong stuff though.

No load. Scoop a day, ton of water, swole af :thumbu:

Reactions: TorMenT

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Just about everything I read says for best results to load for the first week, so I think I’m going to. Definitely continuing to drink lots of water. Swole AF :thumbu:

Also use chalk if you don't already .

I can't prove it but my strength has gone up tremendously since I ditch the gloves. Yeah first couple weeks suck, but after the callaouses set it, it's all good .

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
So I’ve got some pain in my outer left knee. Gets worse after squatting and then randomly after not being on my legs throughout the day it’ll hurt when I get up.

Any ideas?

I’ve been just squatting through it but had to stop after my 2nd set today. Hurts more after the squat than during the squats...

Would a knee sleeve help?

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
So I’ve got some pain in my outer left knee. Gets worse after squatting and then randomly after not being on my legs throughout the day it’ll hurt when I get up.

Any ideas?

I’ve been just squatting through it but had to stop after my 2nd set today. Hurts more after the squat than during the squats...

Would a knee sleeve help?

Go to the doctor

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Go to the doctor

I plan to. I think I’ll take next week off anything let related and rest since I’m going to Vegas over the weekend anyways.

From doing some research, looks like it may be IT Band syndrome.

Go to the doctor when I get back from vacation if it’s not better.

Very discouraging to be this young into my lifting career and already experiencing an injury. Was making good progress too :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad