OT: Headed to Denver next week... what would YOU do?

Rizzo90

Nov 10, 2011
Going on a nice leisurely trip ( planned months ago) to Denver. Gonna take my Grant Fuhr ( the one AFTER the clown jersey) and Frank jerseys and wear them proudly. Anyone think this is bad form?? OR would you all do the same & walk around Denver sporting the note this close to them losing Paul??

Discussed this with my wife & we agree if we had the cash we would each go buy new Stasny jerseys & wear those. GOD!! I am one lucky S.O.B.... this girl loves hockey & the blues as much as I do & hates P. Roy as much as I do. & she's a transplant from New Orleans & didn't grow up here .... I introduced her to the blues in 2009 & she is as die hard as anyone I know. Not to mention she is hotter than 2 sticks of dynamite :handclap:

I digress.... again what would you do??

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Absolutely wear them, Denver is mostly transplants from other cities anyways. I got tons of friends that live out there from all over the place

Brez50

Mar 18, 2013
Central Illinois
You'd be amazed at how many Blues fans you'll run into out there. My sister lived in St. Louis for a lot of years when she was first married (my brother-in-law is the reason I'm a Blues fan). Then they moved to Denver (he's from there originally). She tells me a lot how many Blues jerseys she sees on the ski slopes.

Wearing your Blues gear won't be a problem in Denver....now if you did that in Chicago, you might be taking your life into your hands....

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Holy crap, I'd go out and buy a Shattenkirk jersey and a Stastny jersey, then I'd put one on over the other, the Stastny one on top.

So then, if I run into anyone who says "take that **** off," I'd take off the Stastny jersey and there would be the Shattenkirk jersey there.

Kind of related: I've always wanted to go to a Blues home game against the Blackhawks with a Hawks jersey on to see what it's like. Then, when we score a goal, I'd stand up and rip it off revealing a Blues jersey under it.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yes wear them because you can do what you want and who gives a **** what they think.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I don't think it would matter. I don't know about Denver, but most places I live the average person barely knows they have a hockey team much less that they lost someone to free agency. Hockey just isn't as popular as other sports sadly.

Wearing your Blues gear won't be a problem in Denver....now if you did that in Chicago, you might be taking your life into your hands....

I have been to plenty of games in multiple sports in Chicago wearing the away teams jersey. That includes a Blues jersey multiple times. It was a bit over 3 hours from where I grew up, so we'd go there for games when we could and I didn't like any of their teams. After the first time, I was never scared and never harassed at least not more than typical fan razzing.

The first time was a great experience, but I almost peed myself. I was around 8 years old. I was going to an As-Whites Sox game (had yet to discover the wonders of hockey). I had never been to a game in Chicago. I was a big As fan. I was all decked out in the gear. Then I got there and it is all White Sox fans and people are giving me dirty looks, at least in my mind. So I am already getting nervous. Then this giant 7 foot 400 lb man (again, in my mind) dressed in all black starts screaming through the crowd. "Hey, you, Hey you in the A's hat...Stop!" And pushing his way through the crows which is fleeing before wrath of this behemoth. As he gets up to me, I am hiding behind my dad's leg like a scared puppy. He runs up and says ....."Alright, another A's fan. Awesome. We got to stick together little buddy." He was wearing a black A's t-shirt. He bought me a program and a hot dog. Was a great day and game.

So even in Chicago, you will be alright. Now, Philly....that is a different story.

Sniper

It's learning...
Jun 11, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
I live in Colorado Springs and you would be amazed how many St. Louis fans are in Colorado. A lot of it stems from the Cardinals being so big here. When more and more people started to get interested in hockey, the Blues developed more of a following simply because of the Cardinals connection.

Here in the Springs, I can go out anytime in my Schwartz shirsey because of his college career here at Colorado College and someone will usually notice and say nothing but nice things.

I've never been asked to take off my Blues jersey/attire for any reason walking around Denver. Anytime someone comments on it, it's a simple jeer (nothing harsh, just a simple "boo" or a thumbs down, which sometimes starts a good hockey conversation) or it's a fellow Blues fan saying hi.

Remember, the population of HFBoards only constitutes a very small fraction of a team's fans. Just because some Avalanche fans may be poopy-pants here, you'll find that the actual city itself is quite friendly. Who knows, you might make a few new friends.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, Denver is becoming the new city that people are re-locating to, so lots of out-of-towners that just won't care.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Holy crap, I'd go out and buy a Shattenkirk jersey and a Stastny jersey, then I'd put one on over the other, the Stastny one on top.

So then, if I run into anyone who says "take that **** off," I'd take off the Stastny jersey and there would be the Shattenkirk jersey there.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :handclap:

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
Yes, wear them, but, protect Frank's jersey. True story: Recently, while in Canada my Frank 91 T shirt went missing. Jealous fans are everywhere. Plus, after the past week of excellent draft picks and FA signings, we will soon be targeted by drones! Somebody pinch me -- this is the best Blues summer I can ever remember! A much needed lift after the Chicago debacle. :yo:

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Going on a nice leisurely trip ( planned months ago) to Denver. Gonna take my Grant Fuhr ( the one AFTER the clown jersey) and Frank jerseys and wear them proudly. Anyone think this is bad form?? OR would you all do the same & walk around Denver sporting the note this close to them losing Paul??

Discussed this with my wife & we agree if we had the cash we would each go buy new Stasny jerseys & wear those. GOD!! I am one lucky S.O.B.... this girl loves hockey & the blues as much as I do & hates P. Roy as much as I do. & she's a transplant from New Orleans & didn't grow up here .... I introduced her to the blues in 2009 & she is as die hard as anyone I know. Not to mention she is hotter than 2 sticks of dynamite :handclap:

I digress.... again what would you do??

It's a little warm here in Colorado to be wearing hockey jerseys now. But have at it. Always glad to know there are hockey fans out there.

OldSchoolAvalanche*

Thanks for contributing to our booming economy. Wear whatever jersey floats your boat. We're over ten years old and not raider fan like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad