Speculation: Head coaching candidates

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
So with Bowness getting the Dallas job permanently, I believe only Seattle has an opening.

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
Stevie Yzerman, you are the smartest man in hockey.

And Finland is the smartest coached team almost in any tournament.

You are gonna sign Lane Lambert as your head coach. I'm definitely fine that. He comes from a great coached team I believe has very great system. Some Finland things have been adopted there. But, also the personal connection to Finland is there. Lane Lambert's brother, Ross Lambert, has been a skill coach for years here in Finland. You have the connections to hire our best coaches from here. Get some Finnish assistants, and you'll never regret it. :)

Be the first one.
i also have finland ties so hiring a finnish coach would be cool. but there is something to be said about the way they play internationally. they will never have the best team at a tournament (other than 2016 world juniors), you can always expect a certain level of play and compete from the finns in just about every tournament they play in. i guess i would say why not take the chance on a european coach and give them a chance to build that culture. if it flops its probably over in 3 years and you go find another guy, which the same can happen with really any other coach you hire. my point would be why not look elsewhere and swing for the fences. if it works its going to be awesome, if it does not work then at least they went into it swinging.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
How about this Andre Tourigny as coaching candidate?

Seems to operate that U20 Canada in a perfect way.

His assistant stints were far from impressive, but I can see him becoming a candidate.

I would prefer Lambert or going the Europe route over Tourigny. I think he is a talented coach, not sure he is the answer we should be searching for.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Finnish National Team Head coach Jukka Jalonen is currently at NHL studio for the Pens - Devils game, and my god is he a smart guy.

Just love hearing him talk when he analyzes the game. Think this is first time when I hear him analyzing NHL hockey. Smartest hockey coach not coaching in NHL, I'm quite sure about it. European Barry Trotz.

He also said that he is ready to take NHL assistant job if someone will offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->