HD Playoff Hockey: Where is the love?

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Nothing this weekend except Flyers-Sabres game 1, which you can't see on OLN anyway.

NBC's Ranger-Devil and Oil-Wings telecasts will be in high-def.

Every game of the Rangers-Devils series will be in high-def on OLN or NBC.

Games 1 & 4 of the Flyers-Sabres on OLN will be as well.

Finally, game 5 of Avs-Stars will be in HD on NBC next Sunday.

I am Jack's Fish

The Rangers-Devils series will be in HD on OLN, Philly-Buf game 1 and 4 on OLN will be HD as well.

Locals seem to be well covered in San Jose, New York and Colorado.

Canada has a whole slew of HD from TSN and CBC, but it is mostly relegated to one series, and usually stays in one town (most often Ottawa and Montreal)

Second Round apparently will be better.

HD Trucks are very very expensive, and the HD revolution is slowly taking over, but isnt all the way there yet.

GameFace247SON

@NHLonICE
Jun 11, 2005
Philadelphia
www.thenhlonice.com
I am Jack's Fish said:
HD Trucks are very very expensive, and the HD revolution is slowly taking over, but isnt all the way there yet.

it's just so much better to watch, it's shocking...and OLN just started broadcasting a big 4 sport. this is added to the fact that, IMO, hockey benefits the most from a good HD treatment. so my question is why OLN would have acquired any non-HD gear in the first place? they had a chance to:

A) solidify a serious reputation among casual sports fans

B) show their commitment to the sport and league by making a serious investment...a show of good faith here by OLN would surely create stronger ties to the NHL, who they have clearly hitched their hopes of being a serious sports network to.

C) create a serious positive buzz among hardcore techies (like me)...word of mouth can do a lot of good for any entertainment enterprise.

dammit!

I want my, I want my, I want my HD-T-V.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
The OLN HD games scheduled (like the Rangers Devils game on the 24th) don't seem to be showing up on my guide. I have Comcast. They usually played the OLN HD feeds on INHD, but they've got baseball scheduled during the time when the Rangers Devils game should be on. That would SUCK if INHD stopped carrying the OLN HD feeds as soon as the freekin' playoffs start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->