May 14, 2010
New York
I can do any dance

835735616-1.gif

Especially this one

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Sportsplex has open play.... some also say the best ice is at that facility.

I used to play there years ago and always liked the ice. Jared, the head guy that does the Ice at PNC, used to take care of the Ice at the Sportsplex back then.

Back when I played, I'd have ranked the ice: Sportsplex, Garner (always kept it cold there), Reczone/RCI,......................Cary. Wake Forest and Iceplex seemed fine although I only skated there a couple times.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Wake Forest is probably the best ice that I've skated on in the triangle in all honesty, was always fun doing pickup games up there Sunday evenings.

JCLA

Feb 23, 2017
Growing up I always liked playing and practicing at the Wake Forest rinks more than the other rinks in the area.

Absolutely hated Cary, locker rooms were so small

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Growing up I always liked playing and practicing at the Wake Forest rinks more than the other rinks in the area.

Absolutely hated Cary, locker rooms were so small
Rink seems to be the smallest one in the area as well, or at least it felt like there was a noticeable difference between Cary and Garner in league play.

Garner wasn't too bad honestly, just a bit of a bitch to get to/from when I was living in Durham and there was the area by the Zamboni entrance that was pretty shitty.

JCLA

Feb 23, 2017
Rink seems to be the smallest one in the area as well, or at least it felt like there was a noticeable difference between Cary and Garner in league play.

Garner wasn't too bad honestly, just a bit of a ***** to get to/from when I was living in Durham and there was the area by the Zamboni entrance that was pretty ****ty.

Not to mention how low the roof is at cary, pucks hit the roof constantly. Same opinion about garner as you.

Those were the big three for me growing up. Learned to skate at the Iceplex but their ice is/was bigger than the rest of them.

Out of the triangle, but I used to love playing in Hillsborough

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016
The Ice Plex is larger than an international rink by the width of the boards due to a construction error (built the inside edge of the boards where the outside edge was supposed to go)

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->