HC Milan

Thesensation19*

HC Milan, what is going on with this team

I heard that two years ago Milan (a Tier-II team in the Italian League) was in talks with the KHL and entering the KHL under some conditions.

Expand arena size
Bring team to Tier I in Italian League and market team better
Create Milan Reserve team

From what I understand they did this all in one year and by 2012-2013 (this season) the Milan team would be signed into the KHL.

Okay, so according to some articles I read, they did do this and still nothing. I cant find them, so anyone know anything about this?

Thesensation19*

Nevermind, got the scoop off new articles...

HC Milano Rossoblu was asked two seasons ago to develop its team, its reserve players, make it to the Italian Serie A Hockey Liga and then renovate their arena to boast fans.

They did most of it but the team is still under developed and though they are being heavily looked at by the KHL they will postpone this idea.

Other teams involved in KHL expansion are :

Hockey Milano Rossoblu Milan Serie A slated for 2012-13;[31] but postponed[14]
Helvetics Huttwil Expansion Plans to join league in 2014-15.
KHL Medveščak Zagreb Austrian Hockey League/Croatian Ice Hockey League unknown
HK Poprad Poprad Slovak Extraliga Wanted to join league in 2012-13[32]
Torpedo Leipzig Leipzig Expansion unknown
HC Vladivostok Vladivostok Expansion Is building an arena, plans to join league
HC Sochi Sochi Expansion Plans to join league in 2013
Rubin Tyumen Tyumen Russian Major League Requires new arena[33]
Yunost Minsk Minsk Belarusian Extraleague/Russian Major League unknown
HC Berkut Kiev Professional Hockey League Goal is to build new arena, join KHL

Medvescak is my favorite European team <3 They just signed Dustin Jeffrey!

kajoo

Jan 17, 2003
Slovakia
Visit site
http://en.rian.ru/sports/20120414/172822076.html

Kochervin said although Milano had won promotion to the top-flight Serie A this season, a small arena and tight finances ruled out its participation for now.

"Entering the league is a really serious deal, which requires solutions to all sorts of financial, techincal and sports-related issues, including the situation with the stadium," he said.

"A 4,000-seater arena is not enough to enter the league. They have another big arena there but Milan can't play there yet. Maybe the following season they'll manage to do it."

"If they can solve this problem, then they can claim a place in the league."

In March, Migliore said the club "doesn't want to enter for a year and then disappear."

"For us this is a long-term project that we need to approach very seriously."

it looks like their KHL future depends on
1. finances
2. stadium

what "another big arena there" Kochervin talks about btw ? Acc. this Wiki article, Milano´s current 4000 stadium is the biggest one in town.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
HK Poprad Poprad Slovak Extraliga Wanted to join league in 2012-13[32]

There was some rumors, that Poprad will play in KHL also this season. KHL had officially nothing against it, but unofficially yes. And the biggest problem, as always, are money. I think its impossible for team in this region to find enough money.

There are still strong rumors about team from Germany. Köln, Berlin...

kajoo

Jan 17, 2003
Slovakia
Visit site
Singing Italian-Canadians is smart.

Would be cool to have Milano in same KHL division, there is tons of option how to get there quickly and inexpensively.

I believe Medvescak - Rossoblu has potential to become another KHLs fierce rivalry :)

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
Maybe for season 14/15 can Rossoblu join to the KHL. Can you guys write some names, which can play for Milan in KHL? I mean italian players or players with italian roots.

Sucro

Rhymesayers Fanboy
May 11, 2013
Vienna
Last edited:

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
Zuccarello, Luongo:sarcasm:
Actually many hockey players are listed here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Italian_Canadians

Good page.
It looks good with italian cronucks.

Todd Bertuzzi, Mike Cammalleri, Chris Campoli, Daniel Carcillo, Jason Chimera, Carlo Colaiacovo, Matt D'Agostini, Michael Del Zotto, Mark Giordano, M-A Gragnani, Matthew Lombardi, Roberto Luongo, Mark Mancari, Alex Pietrangelo, Bobby Sanguinetti, Rob Scuderi, Jason Spezza, Zach Stortini, Jeff Tambellini, Marty Turco and Foligno brothers.

That is few names of players with Italian roots. Not bad :sarcasm:

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
SO what is the news? i heard for next season Milano is gona play in the EBEL perhaps? sort of a stepping stone to KHL and to help the team development and organization, any news on that?

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
SO what is the news? i heard for next season Milano is gona play in the EBEL perhaps? sort of a stepping stone to KHL and to help the team development and organization, any news on that?

Hardly Milan will ever play in the KHL. The economic situation sucks, there is no arena, etc., plus the KHL now is interested in better options like Germany, Sweden, Switzerland. There is some interest in playing in the EBEL, we'll see what happens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad