HC-IR Fantasy Keeper League - Discussion Thread [Part Four]

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Considering he isn't a prospect in this league (was drafted by one of the contracted teams), he counts towards the cap and I couldn't afford that for someone who wouldn't play for me all year. I had no intentions on using a keeper on him, but if RR wants to keep a guy who has never played an NHL game, that's fine with me. ;)

EDIT: To follow that up, I see RR has Strome in the minors. He can't do that. He's considered a regular player in our league.

Last edited:

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
For future reference, here is the list of contracted prospects in this league and CANNOT be and stashed in the minors. They are treated like a regular NHLer.

Ryan Johansen
Adam Larsson
Dougie Hamilton
Erik Gudbranson
Quinton Howden
Ryan Strome
Teemu Pulkkinen
Mark Scheifele
Simon Despres
Nick Bjugstad
Jamie Oleksiak
Dylan McIlrath
Carter Ashton
Brad Ross
Stuart Percy
Anton Lander
Roman Josi
Thomas Hickey
Brandon Saad
David Savard
Jessie Blacker
Richard Panik

If anyone is trying to hide one of these players in the minors, list them as active/reserve ASAP or I'll take them off your team entirely!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Well boys, I have to redo the playoff format. The only way that I can come up with to make it work is having the top two teams in each division make the playoffs.

#1 (Overall) Vs. #8
#2 Vs. #7
#3 Vs. #6
#4 Vs. #5

#1 Remaining Vs. #4 Remaining
#2 Remaining Vs. #3 Remaining

#1 Remaining Vs. #2 Remaining

I'm also going to look into making the trade deadline a different date (I know it passed)

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Well boys, I have to redo the playoff format. The only way that I can come up with to make it work is having the top two teams in each division make the playoffs.

St. Louis Blues Vs. #8
#2 Vs. #7
#3 Vs. #6
#4 Vs. #5

#1 Remaining Vs. #4 Remaining
#2 Remaining Vs. #3 Remaining

#1 Remaining Vs. #2 Remaining

I'm also going to look into making the trade deadline a different date (I know it passed)

Sounds good

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Considering he isn't a prospect in this league (was drafted by one of the contracted teams), he counts towards the cap and I couldn't afford that for someone who wouldn't play for me all year. I had no intentions on using a keeper on him, but if RR wants to keep a guy who has never played an NHL game, that's fine with me. ;)

EDIT: To follow that up, I see RR has Strome in the minors. He can't do that. He's considered a regular player in our league.

I've released him. I forgot about the protected players. Carry on.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Random question.

I know we can only have 2 goalies on our roster at once, but does that apply to goalie prospects as well?
I have this guy named Jake Allen who has been playing well lately, and I want to know if I can use him without dropping anyone.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Random question.

I know we can only have 2 goalies on our roster at once, but does that apply to goalie prospects as well?
I have this guy named Jake Allen who has been playing well lately, and I want to know if I can use him without dropping anyone.

Rule should apply the same I think.

Also, the playoffs will be starting the week of April 8th. The top two teams in each division will make the playoffs. The #1 team overall plays the #8 overall team. The second round will be the week of April 15th and the final round will be the week of April 22nd.

With that said that means their are two more weeks (not including this current week) until the playoffs start.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
:flyers

Well we're not making the playoffs so we're going to SELL SELL SELL! If you're making a run in the playoffs and need a boost, I am here to help.

Available:
Ryan Malone
Alex Tanguay
Andy McDonald
David Moss
Evander Kane (Will Cost You)
James van Riemsdyk (Will Cost You)
Brent Burns (Will Cost You)
Marek Zidlicky
Barret Jackman
Ilya Bryzgalov
Corey Schneider

I'm looking for entry draft picks (preferred) and regular draft picks.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Only teams that have not checked in.

Pittsburgh Penguins- TribalPhoenix
Ottawa Senators- SixthSens
Tampa Bay Lightning- Theron

Oh and,

:flyers

Well we're not making the playoffs so we're going to SELL SELL SELL! If you're making a run in the playoffs and need a boost, I am here to help.

Available:
Ryan Malone
Alex Tanguay
Andy McDonald
David Moss
Evander Kane (Will Cost You)
James van Riemsdyk (Will Cost You)
Brent Burns (Will Cost You)
Marek Zidlicky
Barret Jackman
Ilya Bryzgalov
Corey Schneider

I'm looking for entry draft picks (preferred) and regular draft picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad