OT: HBoards Migration to Xenforo Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
The option is listed in the Preferences section to change the theme, but there is no other theme yet. I would guess that at some point we will receive more options.
Ah, so the option exists, at least... That's promising.

Didn't notice the link above. That is exactly what I was hoping for.

Reactions: Lapa and gphr513

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
It made the site pretty slow on Firefox, but I guess it's meant for Chrome or something.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Ohh, I just discovered a new feature I really like. When you highlight a sentence or paragraph in a post, it comes up with a little option where you can click "Reply", and it will quote that person with just what you've highlighted.

Reactions: plock and TaLoN

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Overall I like the change but I hope they consider styling individual forum posts differently.
It is difficult to tell at a glance when one post ends and a new one begins.

Alternate the posts light-grey and white at least.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Aaaaaaaaah, change!

I don't like change.

But... it's not too bad. I would prefer a dark option to go with Opera better, or at least darker than the current white. But, not too shabby otherwise.

Can we make the Wild section green? :D

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
is there a way to manually switch my browser into the mobile mode? I use a shrunken browser at work and it's tough to navigate now

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm not a fan of the new format. It's hard on my eyes, and I like a distinct break between posts. A different skin, or alternating colors of the posts would be nice from my PoV.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I see no such toggle...

It's small, it looks kind of like a flag: an arrow with 4 lines. It's on the grey bar with the Forum names, far right hand side for the desktop version of the forums. Hover over it and is says "Open quick navigation".

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It's small, it looks kind of like a flag: an arrow with 4 lines. It's on the grey bar with the Forum names, far right hand side for the desktop version of the forums. Hover over it and is says "Open quick navigation".
That's the quick navigation menu. He said there is a toggle NEXT to it to hide the sidebar... I see no such toggle.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I see no such toggle...
Ever since I clicked on it though, I haven't seen it return. It was to the far right of "breadBoxBottom". I suppose I could clear cookies and try again, but I like no sidebar even if they're only debugging it or something. :laugh:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Since my post about the wasted space to the right side of the screen, they have since started utilizing that space for ads... so I doubt they have an option to eliminate that space.

Of course, my employer wants no adblocker software installed on our work pc's since they haven't vetted it, so I can't block said ads here.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Since my post about the wasted space to the right side of the screen, they have since started utilizing that space for ads... so I doubt they have an option to eliminate that space.

Of course, my employer wants no adblocker software installed on our work pc's since they haven't vetted it, so I can't block said ads here.
It may only be on the Home page, but it's there again even after cookies were cleared:

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
@Woodhouse - got it - yup, it only on the home page. I used it when I first opened these boards to get to the Wild boards and have never used the homepage since until now. Toggled it... I came back to the Wild boards and the sidebar space was back on the Wild board, but it still was effective in eliminating said space in the thread! Thank you VERY much!

EDIT: Correction, it was effective on the Wild board itself as well... it just takes a second during the page load for the sidebar space to vanish. I can deal with that extra second in load time to utilize the screen space better!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
For those with firefox, this can be used as well... and it's fricking awesome!

heres a preliminary theme

Install this Chrome Extension

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...es-for/fjnbnpbmkenffdnngjfgmeleoegfcffe?hl=en

Then install theme from here

https://userstyles.org/styles/148793/bba-hfboards

let me know what you'd like to see changed. Very rough right now, still making some changes and some stuff isn't done yet

First install the Stylish addon for firefox, then go to the theme noted in the first quote.

@gphr513 - I think it's actually easier to see, as the little blue nub sticks out a lot more IMO.

It also makes the prefixes more noticable... but doesn't solve the problem of most of the prefixes looking similar to each other. There needs to be color differentiation added to the prefixes in general like on the old format.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Another thing that would be nice is if the thread page quick links that appear when you mouse over a topic were always visible. They make it easy to see what threads are popular very quickly.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Ohh, I just discovered a new feature I really like. When you highlight a sentence or paragraph in a post, it comes up with a little option where you can click "Reply", and it will quote that person with just what you've highlighted.
That is super useful,thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad