TV: (HBO) Westworld Season 2

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Nielson ratings suck, and its unfortunate that shows live and die by them.

Like, I have entire seasons of shows on the PVR which I will watch over the summer. First up is the Expanse. I'll burn through Fear the Walking Dead at some point too. Hell, I may even go watch Star Trek still.

Anyways, I presume s3 is confirmed. DO we have any idea at an air date? I really hope its not 18 months.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Nielson ratings suck, and its unfortunate that shows live and die by them.

Like, I have entire seasons of shows on the PVR which I will watch over the summer. First up is the Expanse. I'll burn through Fear the Walking Dead at some point too. Hell, I may even go watch Star Trek still.

Anyways, I presume s3 is confirmed. DO we have any idea at an air date? I really hope its not 18 months.
The Expanse got killed because of Nielson ratings despite overwhelming critical acclaim and people watching it like you. Thankfully Amazon scooped it up.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
The Expanse got killed because of Nielson ratings despite overwhelming critical acclaim and people watching it like you. Thankfully Amazon scooped it up.

Theirs just too much content to watch, especially during the hockey season when I have 3 games x 3 hours each a week to consume. The arbitrary three day PVR watch limit they apply is stupid. I realize a decision has to be made at some ppint, but three days? Come on.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Well I finally found the time to watch the last episode.

Made me look back at previous posts.

I'm wondering if the only way for the hosts to escape is to be smuggled out - their minds, without their bodies.

That 1/3 with the brains missing represent the chosen group IMO.

Bernard is somehow involved.

Not sure what Abernathy's data is - although the emphasis seems to be on the guests as opposed to the hosts.

Maybe the hosts end up assuming their identities or something.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/146158789/

Well, I'll say not a bad prediction.

There wasn't as much of a shock with this season but then again, everyone is always looking for the twist after the first season.

A few points:

1. The two host technicians were shown being asked to "repair" hosts and they showed Maeve right afterwards. I don't think she's long for death.

2. Is it possible that there are two Delores' now? One in each body?

3. The post-apocalyptic post-credit ending is one of those "Planet of the Apes" style endings I think as opposed to anything that will represent a fulsome narrative.

4. The Stubbs conversation was kind of a fun twist at the end.

5. I'm wondering if this is Ford being gone for good. It always seems like having Anthony Hopkins is a luxury.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Ford has been gone since Bernard deleted him.

Ford had quite a few scenes in the finale, which was after he was deleted, because Bernard was remembering him. It's possible that Bernard could remember him again, especially when he needs advice. It could be an inner voice, like Delores had in Season 1, or Ford might exist in a reverie as something remembered in spite of traces supposedly being wiped.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Ford had quite a few scenes in the finale, which was after he was deleted, because Bernard was remembering him. It's possible that Bernard could remember him again, especially when he needs advice. It could be an inner voice, like Delores had in Season 1, or Ford might exist in a reverie as something remembered in spite of traces supposedly being wiped.
Ford was already Bernard's inner voice, and he came to that realization in Ep10.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Ford was already Bernard's inner voice, and he came to that realization in Ep10.

That was the point of my reply and then I suggested that, because of it, he could continue being around in Season 3. It's also possible, because Bernard came to that realization, that it won't happen again. Basically, the writers can go either way with it, depending on whether Hopkins is willing to return or not.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yes a vision of Ford could be back, but Ford the character is gone for good is what I meant.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Throw me in the, i have no idea what i watched group...I need someone to explain everything to me.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
finally binged the 2nd season.. dunno why it took me so long, whatever it is it's probably one of the reasons why the ratings and viewership dropped

not sure if week by week viewings would be better, but goddamn this show is more depressing than some of my favourite dystopia films. It's more bleak than Black Mirror

the cursed intro song is stuck in my head

would not recommend binging

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
This show took a nosedive and I can’t imagine many people interested anymore

Game of Thrones is ready to take center stage in April

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Bumping an old thread, finally caught up and watched season 2.

I liked it and I think it was pretty good but it's a huge step down from season 1. In season 1 the show was more or less presented as a straight storyline, and it was only later revealed to be separate storylines, a much more interesting narrative choice and better twist. This season, the jumbled storylines just felt confusing for the sake of being confusing. It seemed like the writers didn't really know what to do otherwise. Episode 8 was by far the best episode and it was the episode with a straight forward storyline. The end of season 1 left things in the air but felt very satisfying, like it really meant something, and the themes of the show came through. I'm not really sure what to take from the end of this season. Not super excited for season 3.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm surprised to look at the date stamps of posts in this thread and realize that Season 2 started nearly a year ago. It doesn't feel like it's been that long. If Season 3 were about to start or were even being teased, I would feel that it's too soon. Maybe I'm just getting used to 1.5-2 year waits between seasons, especially when it comes to HBO shows. What a scary thought. When I was younger, it used to be excruciating to wait from merely May until September for a show to return.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I'm surprised to look at the date stamps of posts in this thread and realize that Season 2 started nearly a year ago. It doesn't feel like it's been that long. If Season 3 were about to start or were even being teased, I would feel that it's too soon. Maybe I'm just getting used to 1.5-2 year waits between seasons, especially when it comes to HBO shows. What a scary thought. When I was younger, it used to be excruciating to wait from merely May until September for a show to return.

I think part of why I feel that way is because S2 was such a mess that I'm not anxiously waiting for S3 like I was for S2.

Reactions: Guardian17

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Gave up on this show in season 2 and won’t be circling back
I thought there were a couple good episodes but the last two were a narrative nightmare. I'll go back to season 3 cause apparently it will be the last one but the show pretty much jumped the shark.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Season 3 is the final season?
That's what I've been hearing. Don't think it's completely confirmed but I think HBO realized fans wouldn't care to watch three years of robots taking over the human race. I've seen that said around the internet a few times.

I think the writers went too far after being annoyed that people figured out the big twists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad