HBO 24/7 - Wings & Leafs airing Dec. 14th

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Here's my question, do you think this is having an impact on the team early this season? Could it be a distraction which is causing issues?

I'm not making any excuses, I don't care if they have cameras in their face, they need to play better and management needs to manage better. But do you guys think this is a legit issue?

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Here's my question, do you think this is having an impact on the team early this season? Could it be a distraction which is causing issues?

I'm not making any excuses, I don't care if they have cameras in their face, they need to play better and management needs to manage better. But do you guys think this is a legit issue?

No, not at all. I think this team is performing like a lot of us expected with Nyquist in the AHL and Tatar only playing a couple games. I could go on, but the simple answer is absolutely not. The Wings are what they are right now. A team carried by 2 superstars with little help.

MissNHL

Oct 31, 2008
Hockeytown, Michigan
I know 24/7 filmed a little bit in the beginning of October and wont be filming again until this upcoming road trip. They most likely film sporadically and then the last 2 weeks in December.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
I bet the wings dressingroom will be pretty boring, most Euros will avoid the camera, especially datsyuk, franzen etc... Howard on the other hand...

Babcock will also probably not use f-bombs and similar, I think he sees himself as a respectable coach, kind of "special"...also HC for team canada at olympics etc.. He won't be like Bodreau, I just don't think he's that kind of coach, not with cameras around.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I bet the wings dressingroom will be pretty boring, most Euros will avoid the camera, especially datsyuk, franzen etc... Howard on the other hand...

Babcock will also probably not use f-bombs and similar, I think he sees himself as a respectable coach, kind of "special"...also HC for team canada at olympics etc.. He won't be like Bodreau, I just don't think he's that kind of coach, not with cameras around.
That better not be the case. The one thing that will salvage this season for me is Datsyuk being a hilarious ******* on camera. HBO, force a cameraman to follow him all day. Force him to be on camera.

It's comedy gold!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Obviously the captain talks a lot in all the previous seasons. I don't think the Wings are that interesting but they have a bunch of guys that are quite comfortable with the media. All of the leadership group will talk, I am certain Datsyuk will be the most entertaining there, expect Kronwall to give the most accurate assessments on the team.

They will go home with Howard, they will go home with one of the younger kids, thinking DeKeyser here since he grew up in the area, although Smith is pretty good with the media. Insight into Alfie leaving Ottawa, think the first game they are filming full-time at is his return to Ottawa, not a mistake at all.

The interesting thing is the HBO guys win awards for these kind of things, they are quite good at it and not just the editing of it. They will ask some tough questions, they will have picked out story lines. The Olympic hopefuls will be highlighted as well. Plenty to chew on with these teams, but we are going to get more info on our players than the obligatory time they will spend on the pressures of playing in Toronto and that media market, while I expect to hear some of that on the Wings, that will be a major focus in terms of the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad