Hayes vs. Stamkos in 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Well its basically major junior or ncaa. The ushl is a great league to get ready for college hockey but for pineault the Q was his only and best option when he decided to leave BC

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
right now i would pick stamkos over hayes, but i think doughty has a good chanse for the #1 overall aswell.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
right now i would pick stamkos over hayes, but i think doughty has a good chanse for the #1 overall aswell.

I have been hearing a lot about him lately, but from what I have been hearing is that Teubert is the best d-man prospect out there. They are even comparing him to Pronger..literally. Why do you feel Doughty is a better player?

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Doughty is an increddible two-way defenseman. He's been putting up excellent numbers while maintaining a great defensive side as well. He's going to be an awesome player to watch develop. Not to take anything away from Teubert because he's a tasty prospect as well.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
dont be surprised if hayes signs with moncton. theyll make him a great offer. hes not going back to prep school. he doesnt want to play for columbus either. so if hes going to play in he ushl they will have to trade him. the q is the most logical choice for him given his age, draft ranking and the fact that moncton has the ability to lure american prospects there.

What do you mean they'll make him a great offer? this isnt pro what kind of offer are you expecting they are able to make?

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
So from that Ill assume that Hayes is american?

Indeed you are correct...
Hayes -- American
Stamkos -- Canadian

On that note, I believe I'd personally take Stamkos right now... he's an incredible player. But I wouldn't entirely surprised to see Hayes pass him by next season.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
What do you mean they'll make him a great offer? this isnt pro what kind of offer are you expecting they are able to make?

Change the word "offer" to pitch. Either way, there is alot of selling going on to lure top-notch prospects. The same thing happened to get Kane to London, Mueller to Everett, etc.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I've finally found someone (Jon) to take the heat off me as a so-called American homer!

nah, your still the #1 American homer on the board!! But I aint too far behind it seems! :handclap: :handclap:

For once we actually can compare our prospects with Canadas, and not just one or two guys, but up to a dozen in certain draft years. Its all good for the sport IMO.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I have heard a lot about Wahl, who can you compare him too???? Is he in the league as Stamkos and Hayes??

I'm not sure he's too far behind Stamkos or Hayes, but I don't know if he's quite on their level.

I would feel confident comparing Mitchell to a bigger, more physical Scott Gomez. Exact same skating style, playmaker, but he's much stronger on the puck, better on the back-check,and is a better goal scorer. I think he may be the best all-around 16 year old in the 'dub this year. By all-around, he plays the point on the top power play unit as one of the youngest forwards on the team, and is always the first player in the corners digging for the puck at both ends of the rink.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
I have been hearing a lot about him lately, but from what I have been hearing is that Teubert is the best d-man prospect out there. They are even comparing him to Pronger..literally. Why do you feel Doughty is a better player?

Tuebert is solid, he used to play on my buddies' midget AAA team. I played street hockey with him one time, he wasnt all that good. But every one knows that hockey on ice is alot different than hockey on blades.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006

i gotta admitt i have never seen teubert play, but i have seen doughty a feaw times and he has left me impressed every time. he has amazing offensive ability and superb skating. he's poise with the puck is just world class. he is also very reliable (sp?) defensively. i just cant see any d-man in the 08 draft being better then him. IMO the #1 overall pick right now is a race between stamkos and doughty.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
i gotta admitt i have never seen teubert play, but i have seen doughty a feaw times and he has left me impressed every time. he has amazing offensive ability and superb skating. he's poise with the puck is just world class. he is also very reliable (sp?) defensively. i just cant see any d-man in the 08 draft being better then him. IMO the #1 overall pick right now is a race between stamkos and doughty.

Wow, thats a pretty bold statement... I have heard the love for Pieterangelo who some think he should be top 5, but same goes for Del Zotto..all are quality d-men for the draft, and I guess thats why its the year of the defencemen. Will see come draft day I guess, I just cant see someone passing up on Pronger jr. (Teubert) for any other d-man in the draft. IMO.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Tuebert is solid, he used to play on my buddies' midget AAA team. I played street hockey with him one time, he wasnt all that good. But every one knows that hockey on ice is alot different than hockey on blades.

I appreciate the input, but there pretty much is no value in what you put there. Anyone who has played ice hockey knows the huge difference in the game.

Ferjo

Sep 28, 2004
AmericanDream said:
Will see come draft day I guess, I just cant see someone passing up on Pronger jr. (Teubert) for any other d-man in the draft. IMO.
I think Pietrangelo is closer to Pronger than Teubert is, though I could be biased towards the player i've seen much more of.

I have a little writeup on the top 20 or so OHL prospects for the 2008 draft, similar to Jon Rx's list of top americans. I can post if if anybody is interested.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think Pietrangelo is closer to Pronger than Teubert is, though I could be biased towards the player i've seen much more of.

I have a little writeup on the top 20 or so OHL prospects for the 2008 draft, similar to Jon Rx's list of top americans. I can post if if anybody is interested.

Please post the list, it would be greatly appreciated.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com

Does this list have Jordan Skellett? I love that kid's game. Kinda like a mini-Kane; not as shifty, less frequent and exciting flair but much more sandpaper, he loves to hit. Skellett's skating is a little more polished as well.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I'm not fully sold on Teubert - when WHL draft day rolled around, it came down to Mitch Wahl not wanting to play for a Canadian team, rumor has it he may very well have been picked ahead of Teubert. Don't know how true that is, only the Regina brass know for sure, but Teubert just doesn't open my eyes the way Jared Cowen has.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
I'm not fully sold on Teubert - when WHL draft day rolled around, it came down to Mitch Wahl not wanting to play for a Canadian team, rumor has it he may very well have been picked ahead of Teubert. Don't know how true that is, only the Regina brass know for sure, but Teubert just doesn't open my eyes the way Jared Cowen has.

Ah, now there's a name I'd like to discuss... could you shed some light on Cowen for me? I've heard he's a monster.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Indeed you are correct...
Hayes -- American
Stamkos -- Canadian

On that note, I believe I'd personally take Stamkos right now... he's an incredible player. But I wouldn't entirely surprised to see Hayes pass him by next season.

Well I havent seen Hayes at all so I'll reserve judgement on whos better.......however Ive seen Stamkos a few times now and he looks to be likely better then anyone in this years draft IMO Also I have seen a few lists on 08 prospects with Stamkos on top and several 2-4 dmen in the next slots....lots of people seem to be talking about Teubert....who I think will be very good.....but Doughty likely is the guy going 2nd? and the real D gem is from Sweden in 09 isnt he.....the guy who will rival Tavares for 1st?

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Change the word "offer" to pitch. Either way, there is alot of selling going on to lure top-notch prospects. The same thing happened to get Kane to London, Mueller to Everett, etc.

Ah ok understand.....I wonder if there wasnt something thrown under the table in these cases.....It was team changing in both cases....however I guess could go both ways with Toews to ND as well so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->