Proposal: Hayes to the Flames

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I think you are presenting an argument for a completely different point. If this was the draft, I'd agree with you 100% but this situation is teams preparing for playoff runs. Sometimes GM's make deals for vet's with experience by sacrificing youth and promise.
I think players.....forwards, reach and perform in their prime from 24 thru 28. Each player is different but Kreider is an amazing physical specimen.

I'm not sure the Rangers will move him but I am confident if they do, it will be for a tremendous package. They are rebuilding so youth and young core players are the key. The Rangers would be selling on Kreider because he is 28 and by the time they will compete he will be closer to 31/32.......I say 3 years of rebuilding. They would not trade Kreider to get another player the same age as Kreider...as you offered........it absolutely makes no sense to do that.......might as well keep him then.
So this is what I am admitting.........there is a difference between rebuilding a team and gearing up for the playoffs as it applies for trading vets for youth and picks.

It won't be a "tremendous package". Duchene, who is a much better player, did not bring back a prospect of Andersson's calibre.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
it was clearly a typo, a blind monkey could have seen I meant it to be a 3

You'd be lucky to get one of those assets, nevermind all 3.

You really need to get in touch with reality man, every time you post, it is so outlandish that there is a better chance Justin Beiber will be the next President of the United States than there is of you being even close to right.
You’ve been berned

Reactions: One Winged Angel

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think you are presenting an argument for a completely different point. If this was the draft, I'd agree with you 100% but this situation is teams preparing for playoff runs. Sometimes GM's make deals for vet's with experience by sacrificing youth and promise.
I think players.....forwards, reach and perform in their prime from 24 thru 28. Each player is different but Kreider is an amazing physical specimen.

I'm not sure the Rangers will move him but I am confident if they do, it will be for a tremendous package. They are rebuilding so youth and young core players are the key. The Rangers would be selling on Kreider because he is 28 and by the time they will compete he will be closer to 31/32.......I say 3 years of rebuilding. They would not trade Kreider to get another player the same age as Kreider...as you offered........it absolutely makes no sense to do that.......might as well keep him then.
So this is what I am admitting.........there is a difference between rebuilding a team and gearing up for the playoffs as it applies for trading vets for youth and picks.

So you think that the Flames, who just got out of a rebuild not too long ago, should trade away their youth that they have been developing during that time? Nope. We need to keep them for their ELC's.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
So you admit that players are likely to hold less value in their late 20s than early 30s?

Forwards actually begin to regress at the age of 25, and then the pace picks up substantially at the age of 28:

A New Look at Aging Curves for NHL Skaters (part 1)

You can argue that Kreider, who is a power forward, will hang on slightly longer. That doesn't change the fact that players like Andersoon simply do not get traded for players in their late 20s who are soon to be UFAs. It's not happening. Andersson is playing top 4 minutes, and does not look out of place. He's the least likely of Calgary's big 3 defensive prospects to get traded.
Krieder is ageless, a freak, he can jump out of a swimming pool, googles it

Reactions: bernmeister

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Duchene has been traded. Hayes is the next best C. The price will creep upward.
What is the Flames offer?

Calgary Calgary doesn't need a center. Between Lindholm, Bennett, Backlund, Jankowski, Ryan, Monahan, Dube, we have no shortage of centers.

Now if a Crosby or Bergeron came along of course we would be interested - not because they are centers but because they are elite forwards.

Right now the only elite forward in the mix is Stone.

Now there is a bit of a need in Calgary for a two-way winger that as an upgrade in our top 9 on Frolik. Not that Frolik ain't solid, but it's more about being able to hang with the Lightning should we eke into the SCF. Zuccarello has my interest but the cost can't be painful.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
It won't be a "tremendous package". Duchene, who is a much better player, did not bring back a prospect of Andersson's calibre.

Duchene is a UFA, a team is paying for 20 games plus playoffs from him and they are saying he won't negotiate a new contract. Kreider is not a UFA.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
So you think that the Flames, who just got out of a rebuild not too long ago, should trade away their youth that they have been developing during that time? Nope. We need to keep them for their ELC's.

That isn't what I said at all.
I said what I think it would take to acquire those players, if the price is too steep....walk away.
You are not getting any discount and the Rangers aren't interested in spare parts.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
To CGY: Zuccerello + Hayes
To NYR: 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, Kylington, and a top 3 prospect

??

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
To CGY: Zuccerello + Hayes
To NYR: 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, Kylington, and a top 3 prospect

??
There literally no chance of this happening.

What don't you people get?

Hayes is probably worth a 1st, but not much if any more based on what Duchene just got. Zucc is said to be in the range of a 2nd and a prospect.

But you think you will get a 1st, a 2nd Kylington (who is a top 3 prospect) and an additional top 3 prospect? Are you least providing Vaseline?

Realistic would be something like 1st, 2nd & Spencer Foo

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Hayes is probably worth a 1st, but not much if any more based on what Duchene just got. Zucc is said to be in the range of a 2nd and a prospect.

But you think you will get a 1st, a 2nd Kylington (who is a top 3 prospect) and an additional top 3 prospect? Are you least providing Vaseline?

lol okay

Reactions: One Winged Angel

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
unless its a cap dump i cant understand why frolik keeps coming up, rebuilding NYR has absolutely no need for him...

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
The more I think about it the more I’m convinced the d men are not available for either of the Rags guys. They are all
Playing for peanuts right now and all three likely slot in next year (after Brodie is moved).

Dube is the only meat on the bone for a tier two prospect. I could see Kylington going for Stone.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas

Something worth pointing out--a Columbus 1st is worth quite a bit more than a Calgary 1st. One of those draft picks belongs to the 2nd best team in the league right now (standings wise). The other belongs to a team that might not make the playoffs. Spencer Foo has little to no value. He's almost 25 years old, a dumpster fire on defense, and can't put up points consistently in the AHL. He's a poor man's Kirby Rychel (who himself is a poor man's Jimmy Vesey). You don't get TWO top 6 players for a late 1st, late 2nd, and a player who is only a "prospect" because he hasn't cracked the league yet at 25.

Reactions: Dijock94

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Something worth pointing out--a Columbus 1st is worth quite a bit more than a Calgary 1st. One of those draft picks belongs to the 2nd best team in the league right now (standings wise). The other belongs to a team that might not make the playoffs. Spencer Foo has little to no value. He's almost 25 years old, a dumpster fire on defense, and can't put up points consistently in the AHL. He's a poor man's Kirby Rychel (who himself is a poor man's Jimmy Vesey). You don't get TWO top 6 players for a late 1st, late 2nd, and a player who is only a "prospect" because he hasn't cracked the league yet at 25.

Lmao guy is an absolute train wreck.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

Realistic? What are you playing NHL 19 with the computer accepting all trades?

In no such world is a late 1st, late 2nd and a bust worth TWO top-6 forwards, even if they are rentals.

You have absolutely NO GRASP of value if you think that pile of shit is a realistic return for TWO top-6 forwards. Stop yelling at people like a child when you don’t want to give anything of value up to make a deal.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Realistic? What are you playing NHL 19 with the computer accepting all trades?

In no such world is a late 1st, late 2nd and a bust worth TWO top-6 forwards, even if they are rentals.

You have absolutely NO GRASP of value if you think that pile of **** is a realistic return for TWO top-6 forwards. Stop yelling at people like a child when you don’t want to give anything of value up to make a deal.
I've seen the garbage you pass of as suggestions. You have no right to criticize anyone.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I've seen the garbage you pass of as suggestions. You have no right to criticize anyone.

Like what?

Nothing you could directly quote me on could be worse than you suggesting that a late 1st, a late 2nd and a 24 year old bust could get Hayes AND Zuccarello. Don’t even try to act like it was for one of them, because it’s still a horrendous proposal.

You grasp of player value is an absolute joke and to boot, you talk condescendingly to others because you’re a big bad keyboard warrior. Turn off the Xbox and join the real world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->