Confirmed with Link: Hayes to Jets

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What happens if Hayes becomes one of those elite playoffs player that just rings up the goals, great plays and assists ?

Then what?

You never know Mort...

Time will tell...

Go :jets Go

Well .... then he would no longer be a disappointment. :)

He has had moments so far. If he begins to have those more frequently then we should try to sign him. Right now I am a little concerned that he is a bit slow. That may be a limiting factor for him.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
That's not a trade issue. That is a usage issue. Both would likely have more points if PoMo used them both properly.
it's a bit of both. Hayes is being used as a 2C and playing at a point production similar to Little pre-TDL. Hayes hasn't unlocked Laine (albeit limited minutes). I thought we were spending a 1st+Lemieux to get an upgrade on Little offensively

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
it's a bit of both. Hayes is being used as a 2C and playing at a point production similar to Little pre-TDL. Hayes hasn't unlocked Laine (albeit limited minutes). I thought we were spending a 1st+Lemieux to get an upgrade on Little offensively
Well, the real upgrade is on the 4th line, since Little is still playing.

Reactions: upperdeckjet

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Well, the real upgrade is on the 4th line, since Little is still playing.

i guess we'll see what Little does at 4C. But frankly his production has been abysmal post-trade. His production was abysmal last year when Stastny was acquired too. I think Copp has been fine at C

Reactions: upperdeckjet

iannn

Jan 7, 2010
I think Hayes has been decent, a slight upgrade on Little. That being said, I had hoped he'd be much better playing with the talent we have, and Little has fallen off a cliff since we got Hayes. I would have REALLY liked to see some different looks, like Hayes centering Wheeler and Laine, just to see what we'd have there.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
LMFAO ... seriously you can get a Chiarot and a Tanev with cheaper options????

Let's see what Hayes brings to the playoffs first before passing judgement.
Currently they are cheap but my thought was they are UFA next and due a big raise based on their production. Especially Tanev.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

The other part of the goal, I assume, was to upgrade the bottom 6 C by moving Little there. We would be better off, IMO with Little at C and Copp reunited with Lowry. I like Copp at C but he can't play both 3C and 4LW (or number those lines as you like). I think CLT(Lindholm) and MP - Little - Roslovic would be a lot better than what we have had with Little at RW ....... and its not even close. I'm baffled by some of Mau's lines lately. That is, even more so than usual.

Reactions: sipowicz

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The other part of the goal, I assume, was to upgrade the bottom 6 C by moving Little there. We would be better off, IMO with Little at C and Copp reunited with Lowry. I like Copp at C but he can't play both 3C and 4LW (or number those lines as you like). I think CLT(Lindholm) and MP - Little - Roslovic would be a lot better than what we have had with Little at RW ....... and its not even close. I'm baffled by some of Mau's lines lately. That is, even more so than usual.

i agree....TLC should have been united and LIttle at C, even though Copp's been great at C this year.

But does that make Hayes production acceptable + the fact he hasn't unlocked Laine, given the cost to acquire?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
i agree....TLC should have been united and LIttle at C, even though Copp's been great at C this year.

But does that make Hayes production acceptable + the fact he hasn't unlocked Laine, given the cost to acquire?

We also need to consider what Lemieux might have contributed. Just in terms of scoring which would be better, 2C Little + 4LW Lemieux, or 2C Hayes + 4RW Little? Hard to see any difference at all in scoring and then there is the truculence Lemieux would have brought. That can't be measured easily but has some value.

It is hard to find any short term gain here and definitely at least some long term price has been paid.

And that is not saying that Hayes is not playing well. It is that he would have to have been on fire for the trade to be a winner.

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
We also need to consider what Lemieux might have contributed. Just in terms of scoring which would be better, 2C Little + 4LW Lemieux, or 2C Hayes + 4RW Little? Hard to see any difference at all in scoring and then there is the truculence Lemieux would have brought. That can't be measured easily but has some value.

It is hard to find any short term gain here and there definitely at least some long term price has been paid.

And that is not saying that Hayes is not playing well. It is that he would have to have been on fire for the trade to be a winner.
i am not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing, b/c that's the point i've been making.... Little - 2 pts since the trade, Hayes - 12. I think Little+Lemieux is = or greater, plus we keep the 1st.

Reactions: Board Bard

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
i am not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing, b/c that's the point i've been making.... Little - 2 pts since the trade, Hayes - 12. I think Little+Lemieux is = or greater, plus we keep the 1st.

:laugh: I'm agreeing. Before trade and after trade are a wash on the ice now. Lemmy and the 1st are gone with nothing to show for it. That can still change if Hayes comes through in the PO.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
What players is Hayes playing with? Tough to do anything with 8 minutes of icetime. Is he killing penalties? He was one of Rangers' top PK guy.

Reactions: thegr8one66

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
I believe Hayes success this season was do to him being the Man. Top offensive role with numerous opportunities. He does have his moments when he is invisible. Is weed legal in Winnipeg? Check for him at the local smoke shop on off days.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Lemmy was one of the few guys on this team that would get messy in front of the net. It is no coincidence that keepers have an easy time with the Jets in the playoffs when no one is causing havoc. Screens are non existent and if there was ever a rebound, there is no Jet in sight to pick it up. Once in a while you see it with the Lowry line, but not much. We miss the dirty goal contributions right now. Lemmy was probably the best at it. I was not a big Lemmy fan early in the year, but I can see how much we are missing his unique skillset in this series against the Blues.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Is there any chance Hayes is playing injured or something? He hasn’t looked close to the same player he was in NY when I’ve watched the Jets

Reactions: cheech70

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I believe Hayes success this season was do to him being the Man. Top offensive role with numerous opportunities. He does have his moments when he is invisible. Is weed legal in Winnipeg? Check for him at the local smoke shop on off days.
Damn straight pot is legal in Winnipeg. He just looks like the type a guy who might like to sample Mary Jane.
“Hey man pass the doobie over here Hazie!”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->