Proposal: Hayes to Clb

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
Hayes to CLB as he is rumored to go there for 2019 2nd rounder, Oliver Bjorkstrand, & Gabriel Carlson.

Hayes becomes the teams #2 center for a shot at the cup with the belief they dont trade bob or panarin.

Rangers get another under 62nd pick, a strong stay at home dman who can work in this teams top-4. And a good young top 9 player with upside.

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
I mean if they can get a first plus that sure. But I think NYR wants ready prospects more than picks. I could be wrong.

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
I’d be surprised if this was the winning bid, gotta assume NYR gets a 1st + B prospect for him at least.

Bjorkstrand is a top 6 talent who will be a regular 25 goal scorer. His value is close to a 1st on his own so I think this deal is actually an overpayment by the CBJ with a 2nd round pick and a highly rated defenseman prospect in Gabriel Carlsson.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Depends on two things. 1) Will Hayes re-sign with Columbus? If so, I could see something like this working. 2) How high are Jarmo and Co. on Emil Bemstrom? If he can make an impact next season at the NHL level, I could see this making some sense.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Take out the 2nd and Bjorkstrand and replace with a 1st, because we don't want to trade Bjorkstrand for a rental (EDIT: unless we're getting a legendary badass), and we don't have our 2019 2nd.

* * *​
1st+Peeke+Texier/Stenlund?
Really only feasible if we can make the 1st conditional on re-signing Hayes.

Reactions: Fro

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Take out the 2nd and Bjorkstrand and replace with a 1st, because we don't want to trade Bjorkstrand for a rental (EDIT: unless we're getting a legendary badass), and we don't have our 2019 2nd.

* * *​

Do you mean the 1st turns to a 2nd or it becomes a 2020 1st? I’d do the latter but not the former

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Do you mean the 1st turns to a 2nd or it becomes a 2020 1st? I’d do the latter but not the former
Peeke+Tex or Stenlund (it'd be Stenlund) for Hayes as a rental. If Hays extends with the Jackets, the Rangers also get our 2020 1st. (I suppose we could make it 2019 if Hayes extends before the draft, but let's not make things complicated.)

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Peeke+Tex or Stenlund (it'd be Stenlund) for Hayes as a rental. If Hays extends with the Jackets, the Rangers also get our 2020 1st. (I suppose we could make it 2019 if Hayes extends before the draft, but let's not make things complicated.)

deleted

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Teams trading for rentals are purchasing known entities to optimize their chances of winning. Teams selling are gambling that the futures they get back won't bust. Hayes is a known entity. If you want him you'll only have him for a short period of time before he becomes an unrestricted free agent. That's part of the deal. It's not about having possession of him past this season unless you can get him to sign. Part of this is how serious you are about making a real run at a championship because if you don't do it someone else will. And there are no guarantees that even if you do do it that you will win and/or he will re-sign with you.

How will the Rangers know for sure the first they get back won't become an average 3rd line player or even bust altogether? The same with any prospects. They don't. It's all a gamble.

Reactions: slg1963

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I’d be surprised if this was the winning bid, gotta assume NYR gets a 1st + B prospect for him at least.

Bjorkstrand is a top 6 talent who will be a regular 25 goal scorer. His value is close to a 1st on his own so I think this deal is actually an overpayment by the CBJ with a 2nd round pick and a highly rated defenseman prospect in Gabriel Carlsson.

I highly doubt Jarmo is going to move Bjorkstrand for a rental and the Rangers are looking at a 1st and a prospect for Hayes.

If you want a 1st and a prospect from Columbus, that could be worked out. But I highly doubt we move Bjorkstrand for a rental. That just opens up another hole on the roster.

* * *​

so, 1st + Gabriel Carlsson?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad