Player Discussion Haydn Fleury

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I like him and think he will be a solid player for us.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Hoping he develops into a Hjalmarsson-lite, he has all the tools. I wanna see him with Drysdale for a game or two.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I definitely don’t think he’s gonna be a Hjalmarsson or anything near that. But I could easily see a less physical Brendan Dillon type

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I see no creativity or offensive instincts whatsoever in the offensive zone from him. His vision and shot are hardly noticeable. His career stats pretty much back that up. He is good at skating and passing the puck out of the d zone which is important, and something this team is not good at though.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I see no creativity or offensive instincts whatsoever in the offensive zone from him. His vision and shot are hardly noticeable. His career stats pretty much back that up. He is good at skating and passing the puck out of the d zone which is important, and something this team is not good at though.
I have seen him opportunistically look to jump into the rush at times which I like. His handling of the puck is pretty good. Other than that I mostly agree with your comments which is why I see him as a solid 2nd pairing guy.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
He's an upgrade on Larsson for sure. Not the greatest offensive instincts but he has a decent shot and doesn't appear afraid to use it. Defensively he's stable, but feel like he's prone to scrambling around. Decent skater and passer so he's able to get the puck out of trouble when he has it. Haven't seen him turn the puck over too often. All in all, not too noticeable and not surprising. He should be a bottom pair mainstay and fill in the Top 4 when an injury to the Campus occurs.

Reactions: Boo Boo

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I definitely don’t think he’s gonna be a Hjalmarsson or anything near that. But I could easily see a less physical Brendan Dillon type

Yeah, Hjalmarsson when he was in Chicago was a top pairing defender. Fleury will be lucky to be half as good.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
It’s been really hard to notice him for the most part which I think is fine. Seen some nice passes, skating and decisions and puck strips but would need to see more. I was really upset initially when the trade happened but I think there’s some potential.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Stephens saying quite abit about him in real time under the athletic.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I’m waiting for him to do something, but considering he had 1 goal and 0 assists in 35 games on a pretty good Carolina team, I might be waiting a while.

I realize he is a defensive d-man, but he isn’t particularly physical for his size and role. I guess if his job is to be a safe and bland stay at home d-man then he is ok. Not someone I’d worry about losing to Seattle though.

I hope he proves me wrong and becomes a solid top 4 d-man as he settles in more.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I’m waiting for him to do something, but considering he had 1 goal and 0 assists in 35 games on a pretty good Carolina team, I might be waiting a while.

I realize he is a defensive d-man, but he isn’t particularly physical for his size and role. I guess if his job is to be a safe and bland stay at home d-man then he is ok. Not someone I’d worry about losing to Seattle though.

I hope he proves me wrong and becomes a solid top 4 d-man as he settles in more.
He showed physical play and offensive ability in the playoffs against BOS last year. Was probably the most impressive D during that series.

Don't know what happened this year... didn't start out good, got replaced by Bean who really flourished. Got back in but was getting very little ice time and no pp time at all. He likely will never be an option on the pp or a big time point producer, but I'd look at that "1 pt this year" as being somewhat freaky.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
He looked more comfortable in his 4th game as a Duck last night. A lot more puck possession. Hopefully he continues to make progress.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad