GDT: Hawks vs Sharks - 7:30PM CT on NBCSCH and ESPN+ -- Home Opener on 10-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
You can't see lack of effort or a player not giving it 100%, yet, every scout on the planet will speak to a player's compete level, work ethic, and consistency in "bringing it" on a daily basis. Sure. :laugh:

You have obviously not played or coached the game at a competitive level.

DeBrincat stole that puck from Karlsson along the boards because he's just bigger, stronger, or more skilled than him. It had absolutely nothing to do with him out working him for it, or Karlsson half-assing it.

The average NHL game is FILLED with instances of less skilled, or smaller players, beating guys for a puck along the boards.

Otto31

Nov 24, 2013
The Hawks roster is what it is, below average roster. One of the worst in the league 2 years ago, and couldn't make the playoffs last year.

I think we're seeing a lot of fans that are attached to the names of Kane, Toews, Crawford, Keith, Saad because we have won cups with them.
One of the big reasons we won cups was Hossa. He's gone. Keith was an elite dman, he's bad now. Seabrook has been bad for a few years. Crawford was elite for 2-3 seasons and solid for a couple more, that looks to be over.

I do like our forwards; but no, in no world would I take our roster over the Sharks roster. They're coming off a 100 point season. They're much better than us.

The fan in me likes to believe that if we add an impact defenseman, we're contenders. But it's probably at least 2, and then we don't even know of JC is an effective enough coach to lead the roster anywhere.

The big problem is that we don't have Hossa anymore. How to fix it? Bring two impact defenseman. Logics.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
You can't see lack of effort or a player not giving it 100%, yet, every scout on the planet will speak to a player's compete level, work ethic, and consistency in "bringing it" on a daily basis. Sure. :laugh:

You have obviously not played or coached the game at a competitive level.

DeBrincat stole that puck from Karlsson along the boards because he's just bigger, stronger, or more skilled than him. It had absolutely nothing to do with him out working him for it, or Karlsson half-assing it.

The average NHL game is FILLED with instances of less skilled, or smaller players, beating guys for a puck along the boards.
Karlsson was at the end of a really long shift, that’s why. He made a ton poor decision while tired and he paid for it.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
No, he wasn't. It was a 35 second shift. Then he was right back out, 30 seconds after the goal, for a minute long shift... DeBrincat actually got on the ice 10 seconds before Karlsson on that shift.:laugh:
You were right. Melker Karlsson was on the ice just before and I thought it was the same shift for him. I rewatched it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad