Kaliyev - Toews - DeBrincat
Panarin - Schmaltz - Kane
Saad - Barratt - Kahun
Hayden - Johnson - Sikura
Kampf

Crow
Delia

Kaliyev is our 2019 1st pick
ManCat, AA, Murphy, Forsling, all traded for picks - f*** it, we go all in on the kids!!!

this team would be fun as shit to watch!

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
welp, here is my 2019-20 squad minus Kunitz lol

Keith - Jokiharju
Beaudin - Boqvist
Krys - Mitchell
Seabs

Saad - Barratt - Kahun
Kampf

Crow
Delia

ManCat, AA, Murphy, Forsling, all traded for picks - **** it, we go all in on the kids!!!

this team would be fun as **** to watch!
No Jake Wise? Who are you and what did you do with AmericanDream?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
So you're saying it would be a Wise decision to let him get another year in the NCAA before playing in the NHL.
it would be unWISE to rush him next year, especially with him having top 6 potential..Barratt, Johnson, Kampf, etc can handle the bottom two C's...Toews and Schmaltz have the top 2, give Wise that extra year then step in and add to the party!

Reactions: CallMeShaft

migi

Feb 25, 2015

Keith - Jokiharju
Beaudin - Boqvist
Krys - Mitchell
Seabs

Saad - Barratt - Kahun
Kampf

Crow
Delia

ManCat, AA, Murphy, Forsling, all traded for picks - **** it, we go all in on the kids!!!

We all know this wont happen in a place not called NHL20 videogame, but oh man it would be interesting to watch that team.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
We all know this wont happen in a place not called NHL20 videogame, but oh man it would be interesting to watch that team.
honestly it is not that far fetched...Mitchell and Krys are turning pro this year at end of their season...We could be in prime spot to draft Kaliyev and we already know Panarin wants to come back...maybe dressing 4 rookie dmen is a stretch, but Boqvist and Beaudin seem locks for next year, and the rest of the roster is already here...

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Keith - Jokiharju
Beaudin - Boqvist
Krys - Mitchell
Seabs

Saad - Barratt - Kahun
Kampf

Crow
Delia

Giving up on Forsling?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
If everything pans out you’ll still want three or four “vet” defenseman. Forsling, Murphy, Seabrook, and Keith is a solid grouping to bring in a pair of young defenseman. Let the cream rise to the top and replace Murphy with seasoned AHL help the next year.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Seems to me that Gus and Forsling are the same. Both talented on offense but both very much mistake-prone. Should be they're young enough to get that coached out of them or am I dreaming?
I never saw much with Forsling since we got him, just not really a fan so I am probably biased with wanting to see the kids we drafted get spots over him.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
The Hawks could create a decent third line, but it would mean Hayden and probably Kunitz in the top-6. It comes down to whether you want a stronger top-6 or a more balanced top-9

Agree but also think Kahun should center the 3rd line, as asking / expecting him to measure up - even w/ Toews & Cat linemates - kinda tough. That tho, would mean Bowman jr's 39 yr old UFA drops down to the 4th (no offense but I think even Q realizes Kunitz any longer a top 6), which would further mean Q's Bollig 2.0 press boxed.

Neither of these obvious moves - to my barstool expertise - will happen of course because ... 3 Cups & genius level GManship.

Last edited:

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
I dream of Kunitz trying to slow McJesus ... with Seabrook and Manning on the blueline and Ward in net.

My Gawd man, that TRULY is nightmarish.
And you KNOW McDavid wants to torch out new blue line anchor - over & over & over again.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I never saw much with Forsling since we got him, just not really a fan so I am probably biased with wanting to see the kids we drafted get spots over him.

I don't want any Dman who shys away from board play and won't take a check to make a play. Unfortunately it often runs in the territory for undersized Dman when playing against opposition forwards who outweigh them by 30 or more pounds.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
I don't want any Dman who shys away from board play and won't take a check to make a play. Unfortunately it often runs in the territory for undersized Dman when playing against opposition forwards who outweigh them by 30 or more pounds.

If we could just insert Andrew Shaw's brain into all the Hawks' undersized (NHL anyways) dmen's skulls.

Reactions: BobbyJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->