GDT: Hawks Vs Jackets - 7PM CT on WGN/NHLN -- Kunitz Visits Retirement Homes

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
tumblr_pfss2rSVCZ1w8vvh3o1_1280.png
In an attempt to increase ticket sales, the Chicago Blackhawks sent old man youngster Chris Kunitz to various retirement homes. Cant let those seats for disabled people go empty! Here are some highlights from his visits to these nursing homes.

tumblr_pfsssg7OvL1w8vvh3o1_1280.jpg
Here's Kunitz playing cards with some of his fellow seniors the seniors he visited.

tumblr_pfss4kXYOa1w8vvh3o1_1280.png
And here he is in a hockey game that featured the senior citizens that still had functioning hips. Chris did very well facing men and women in their 80s. He even earned the title of MVP, which included an award of a free cup of pudding.

You can catch the spry Chris tonight (probably unless he gets scratched) on WGN and NHL Network. Game's on at 7PM CT, so plan those nap times accordingly!

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
tumblr_pfss2rSVCZ1w8vvh3o1_1280.png
In an attempt to increase ticket sales, the Chicago Blackhawks sent old man youngster Chris Kunitz to various retirement homes. Cant let those seats for disabled people go empty! Here are some highlights from his visits to these nursing homes.

tumblr_pfsssg7OvL1w8vvh3o1_1280.jpg
Here's Kunitz playing cards with some of his fellow seniors the seniors he visited.

tumblr_pfss4kXYOa1w8vvh3o1_1280.png
And here he is in a hockey game that featured the senior citizens that still had functioning hips. Chris did very well facing men and women in their 80s. He even earned the title of MVP, which included an award of a free cup of pudding.

You can catch the spry Chris tonight (probably unless he gets scratched) on WGN and NHL Network. Game's on at 7PM CT, so plan those nap times accordingly!

Haha, well done @CallMeShaft

Reactions: CallMeShaft

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
This is a picture of Wilford Brimley in the 1985 movie, "Cocoon."

image116.png

Chris Kunitz is only 10 years younger in this picture.

i

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
CBJ except foe Wennberg are sending an almost totally B AHL lineup to play this final game...clearly they did not want most of their NHLERS getting good hurt..If we lose to thus B skeleton crew ,they might as well fire Q and his staff right now..There is no exuse. .and do not give me the Hawks "stats"(we have "stars"?) also playing less than full out cause they too want to avoid injuries...So far this season...0 goals from DeBrincat,Saad,Anisimov,and Schatz only 1 g1a in 3GP ...so now we face a mostly AHL lineup thanks to CBJ resting most of their NHLERS ...no excuses for any of our guys to have a poor show ..especially after our last game clunker again st Ottawa...

Look ..did you see Tavares goofing off from top firm in his pre-season? NOPE.. he payed it like a 'star" should and he lit up goalies...looks like he will get 125 pts and 60 goals this season ...Did not save anything...just payed like expectation..as a highly paid star SHOULD..

No excuse tonight for any player. ..star or grunt...highly paid or lowly paid ...to put up stinker game tonight..no excuse if that happens. .it would show players have bought out. ..on Q..we cannot have it..Q will be on a very short leash if their is this attitude of non but-in pervadi gnourcteam. .we cannot allow another season of just punch g the click and taking the cheques to the bank. .there must be a team sense of purpose and every player must say to himself:"I will give my best ...I will not let this team and it's fans down..If they do not buy in to what Q is selling. .then Q is finished. .we cannot play as dreadfully as what our eyes saw in the last game..

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
In 2015, the Hawks third line was ...

* A younger Sharp, Vermette, Teravainen

This team is rebuilding.

The Hawks could create a decent third line, but it would mean Hayden and probably Kunitz in the top-6. It comes down to whether you want a stronger top-6 or a more balanced top-9

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I think I prefer the balanced lineup.

Saad-Toews-Kahun
Hayden-Anisimov-Kane
DeBrincat-Schmaltz-Sikura
Kunitz-Kruger-Kampf
Johnson

Toews and Cat have chemistry so maybe flip him with Saad and Anisimov with Schmaltz.

DeBrincat-Toews-Kahun
Hayden-Schmaltz-Kane
Saad-Anisimov-Sikura
Kunitz-Kruger-Kampf
Johnson

Think either lineup is >> than what Q is icing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->