Post-Game Talk: Hawks Thrash Jets 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LandofLincoln*

Hjalmarsson has more points than Seabrook.
Kruger has more points than Bickell.
Bollig has points.

Hjalmarsson should have more points than Seabrook this year. This is the year he passes Seab's on the depth chart.

Doan Jidion*

Hjalmarsson has to be one of the more underrated defensemen in the league. Great shutdown man with a sneaky-strong slap shot.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Agree on the 3rd & 4th lines, and Leddy looking very good as well. He's a lot more solid on his skates this year, and looks much more able to compete for the puck than last year. Anyone remember in the Caps game Leddy putting Ovechkin on his arse during a board battle? Just seems to have gotten his "man-strength" and not so overmatched physically, while still having the silky smooth skating.

Indeed. He and Hammer should get some PP time together.

Though I did see Seabs and Keith actually shift to their off wings on the PP today. Perhaps things are looking up from a coaching standpoint.

Jaffray15

Mar 12, 2008
Winnipeg
www.nhl94.com
Jets fan coming in peace.

I was really disappointing that there was no mention of Toews playing his first game in his hometown. He has represented Winnipeg very well, by bringing the Cup here both times Chicago won and ALWAYS speaks highly of his/our city.

I tried to mention something about on the Jets board and they think it would of been stupid for 'us' to give Toews some kind of recognition during the game. I happen to completely disagree.

Doan Jidion*

Meh, it's poor form to recognize an active player from the opposition who hadn't spent most of his career with the team. I wouldn't expect the Sabres to fete Patrick Kane, either.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

I was really disappointing that there was no mention of Toews playing his first game in his hometown. He has represented Winnipeg very well, by bringing the Cup here both times Chicago won and ALWAYS speaks highly of his/our city.

I tried to mention something about on the Jets board and they think it would of been stupid for 'us' to give Toews some kind of recognition during the game. I happen to completely disagree.

It was mentioned on the local broadcast quite a bit and they even did a little pregame feature on it. Wouldn't make a whole of sense for the Jets to do anything concerning it considering Toews is an opponent and has never played for the Jets franchise.

Piffle

Oct 31, 2007

Don't really mind that, but really confused why they were booing him.

On top of the fact they were chanting Crawford's name when it looked like he was injured.

Not real impressed with Winnipeg fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad