GDT: Hawks @ Sens - 6:30PM CT on WGN -- HF, What Game Is This? UPDATE: It's Our 1st Win of the Season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Pathetic, isn’t it? Maybe if Hayden aspired to only getting the puck out of the dzone and getting off the ice to drive up his corsi, he’d play more. However, he actually wants to play some hockey.

It is my understanding that Kruger and Johnson will each take draws on their strong sides. If this is the case this will be our shutdown line.

Not saying I agree, just communicating the logic behind it.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Pathetic, isn’t it? Maybe if Hayden aspired to only getting the puck out of the dzone and getting off the ice to drive up his corsi, he’d play more. However, he actually wants to play some hockey.
This view makes no sense because that literally doesnt result in driving up corsi in any sensible manner. But Johnson w/Kruger gives the faceoff right hand left hand combo that worked great for the line winning dzone draws.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
It is my understanding that Kruger and Johnson will each take draws on their strong sides. If this is the case this will be our shutdown line.

Not saying I agree, just communicating the logic behind it.

that is fine and I have no issue with that but it should be

Rockford Player-AA-Hayden/Kampf
kruger-johnson-Kampf/Hayden

kunitz and martinsen are useless

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
While I'm thinking about it, I'm going to remind people to go sign up to make future GDTs. https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-19-gdt-signup-thread.2551107/

But you might be asking yourself "Shaft, why would I make a GDT, I'm a mod?". Well, if you're a mod here, then you have even more reason than me to sign up and start cranking out an awesome GDT.

You might ask "But Shaft, I've only been on HF a short while and only have 30 posts". And to that I say that there is a rule at HF (just take my word for it, don't go looking) that you must make at least one GDT if you have a post count of at least thirty.

Or you might ask "But Shaft, my computer is broken and I'm now on the Knights bandwagon". And to that I'll say "Get the hell outta here TK! No one here wants a traitor. Go on and get!!!".

You have no excuse to not sign up at the above link and make a GDT. I've had my fair share of f***ing ugly themes, but at least it's better than the same guy making the same GDTs over and over again. Because let's face it, the whole Binary idea really lost it's kick the 4th or 5th time that it was made and I don't have a million (or 98) other original ideas floating around in my head.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
You would be right on that. Was originally going to just have "#1!!!" In the GDT (no "Game"). So I started with the hashtag first originally, and added the first posters I came across onto it.

I did change a few things, but make no mistake, the # group is the chattiest and most lively of the groups.

still very cool...and glad I made it.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But I remind everyone that whole we are all I'm a lather about the composition of the 3rd and 4th lines...what matters far more is how the "stats: of the first 2 lines perform...The stats gotta star or you lose mist games. ..We pay the stats bigger $$$$ to star..if they fail and we just complain about the grunts on the bottom 2 lines as the reason for our failure, that is the wrong focus for our venting ....The "Stars "must "Star"....anything 3rd and 4th lines contribute is a bonus. ..

So if Toews Kane Saad Keith and Seabrook are non-producing on the scoreboard and if the "would-be" Next Gen "stars" of Schmaltz and D-Cat also are silent in the scoring then the venting should be on them...no t on Q for his lousy coaching deployment decisions for the bottom 2 lines...Our stars had better show up tonight ...a lot to prove.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
But shaft you make GDTs so well. I wouldn’t wanna rob you of that.
No, just rob me of the pleasure of being surprised by seeing some nice, creative GDT that I didn't know about until it was posted.

Need to do better than that to trick me into making all of these!

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
According to Twitter, Anton has a broken finger and will be out for a bit. This means Collin will be at the Red Carpet and I will be wearing my Delia Hogs jersey.
So if any of you guys spot some Delia Hogs jerseys, you'll know who it is! lol

Reactions: Krivo25

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Sikura never showed enough in pre-season to keep him up..Frankly disappointing ...

Martinsen gets a lot of flack on these boards but in fact us a very competent 4th liner...physical...hits...wins board battles and cycles and is fine defensively..just not going to score much.

Hayden should not be replacing Martinsen but rather Kunitz...

I think signing Kunitz was unnecessary ..Q talks of trusting experienced vets and Yada Yada Yada. ..but the bottom line is ..does he bring anything other than experience at 39?I did not see anything from him that would make any difference from his ore-seaspn showing..those who claim he was saving g his 39 yr old body for the real games and will elevate for the real season starting tonight..OK ..let us give the eye test..but Sharp had experience last season and that proved he was done..They really did not need another example of that..Q should have rewarded Hayden for a good camp and ore-seaspn but instead starts messing with Hayden's development and confidence by ming him ride the pi rs in deference to his latest pet vet on their last legs..

Q is such an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad