Confirmed with Link: Hawks pick up Megna off waivers

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
6'6" 220 lbs.

KD has a type when it comes to Dmen.

He should be an upgrade over Tinordi.

Though I have to agree with @Blackhawkswincup that I'd have preferred if they waited the day, and picked up Bjornfot instead just for the sake of potential upside.

Megna is the better player now, but as a rebuilding team I would have been more interested in Bjornfot. But of course KD can't predict the future so it's just unfortunate timing.
Hawks only have 43 contracts by the looks of it. They could easily still add him if they wanted to, and send down a body.

Reactions: Muffinalt

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
This is fun, a new dman that can do less with the puck than not only Phillips but Tinordi as well.

Can't wait to see how Richardson uses him.

Reactions: Pez68

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
This is fun, a new dman that can do less with the puck than not only Phillips but Tinordi as well.

Can't wait to see how Richardson uses him.
Following up, and to be fair, I've only watched a few Kracken games. I just don't recall Megna ever making a pass on purpose. I can't picture it.

Reactions: Pez68

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I wouldnt mind if they sent out Phillips Tinordi or Kaiser to someone to try and get some equal talent up front. We have a load of LD available and in the system.

Tinordi for Deniskeno
Phillips or Kaiser for Fagemo

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I wouldnt mind if they sent out Phillips Tinordi or Kaiser to someone to try and get some equal talent up front. We have a load of LD available and in the system.

Tinordi for Deniskeno
I like the idea.

But I think Denisenko has been playing well for Henderson, and Vegas likely sees him as a cost controlled asset that they can eventually call up.

Fagemo is probably too soft for KD.

I would look at moving any of those guys for Arshdeep Bains. He's physical and a great net front presence. I think he fits the team's identity.

Reactions: Muffinalt

BHawks77

Mar 22, 2023

Tinordi for Deniskeno

Too early to ship out Kaiser and Phillips. Both look like they might be gamers with propar development.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Megna listed at 6'6 220 by Elite Prospects BUT hockeydb.com lisysvhom at 6'06...big difference ...or is vhe 6 feet 6 inches or 6 .06 feet tall?

Which isctge correct height?

Reactions: Blackhawksfirecoach

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Enforcer type? Can't have Foligno sitting in the box for supporting the forwards.
He's pretty soft. I would say that's supposed to be Tinordi's job, but if him and are "supposed" other physical tough players aren't protecting or enforcing the issue what's the point of them playing, Call up Brandon Baddock if he knows his role.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
I like the idea.

But I think Denisenko has been playing well for Henderson, and Vegas likely sees him as a cost controlled asset that they can eventually call up.

Fagemo is probably too soft for KD.

I would look at moving any of those guys for Arshdeep Bains. He's physical and a great net front presence. I think he fits the team's identity.
I would like the move just for the name!

Reactions: Idionym

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I imagine the next forward that hits waivers the Hawks will also be picking up. The worst part is none of our injured forwards are even skating right now, so it might be like this for a few weeks.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Fagemo already went through waivers twice, why trade for him now?
Hes 23 scoring over a PPG in the AHL a former 2nd rounder and we need forward bodies. We have a ton of LDs coming throught the system right now.

Korchinski
Vlasic
Del Mastro
Allen (Playing right side but is a LD)
Kaiser
Phillips
Tinordi
Megna
Roos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad