Hawks/Jets game booing Kane and yelling "Craaaford"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
They're booing other teams and players for no reason, meanwhile their franchise's biggest accomplishment is simply existing...and they've only done that for 3 years

Classless

Couldn't help but think the same thing, outside of the "classless" part.

Look Winnipeg fans, it was cute when you used to boo Crosby or Ovechkin when you got your team back.. but it's time to stop. It's pointless and dumb, and you can bet Kane and Crawford don't care.

I mean, at one point, they booed Toews - and all he's done is bring the Cup back to the 'Peg twice in 4 years. I mean, seriously? Just dumb.

Majikme

Apr 20, 2013
Couldn't help but think the same thing, outside of the "classless" part.

Look Winnipeg fans, it was cute when you used to boo Crosby or Ovechkin when you got your team back.. but it's time to stop. It's pointless and dumb, and you can bet Kane and Crawford don't care.

I mean, at one point, they booed Toews - and all he's done is bring the Cup back to the 'Peg twice in 4 years. I mean, seriously? Just dumb.

Jets fan here! Looking forward to the game tomorrow, should be a good rivalry. Hopefully we can put up a better game this time around!

On the booing, we really really love our hockey team here. We are a fairly small town, but almost everyone is a jets fan. It's our only major sport, so it gets a ton of attention.

We like to think we have the loudest fanbase, and try to bring it every game. Booing star players we have done since the franchise came back, and we've stuck with it. Even booed alfie last night with the wings in town.

Pretty much a sign of respect. Like Teows the other night, we all love him here, and cheer the **** out of him before the game, but when the puck drops we boo.

The goalie chant we have been doing pretty much every game stretching back into the AHL when we had the moose. I thought booing crawford when he was down was classless. Haven't seen anything like that before from the crowd. Usually try to keep it classy.

Anyways, i wouldn't much much stock in it! We do it because it's fun for us, and if we boo half your team, it probably means you're better than us.

See ya guys tomorrow! :yo:

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Another Jets fan here. We pick one or two of the opposing teams best players to boo. Being picked is an honour!

About booing Crawford when he was down... I wasn't there but Jets fans are not the type to boo players when they are down. What does happen - a lot - is that fans boo what is appearing on the scoreboard tv screens. This sometimes leads to booing at really bad times such as during the anthems. People in the arena know what is going on and the reason for the booing but folks at home watching on TV wrongly assume what is being booed is what they are watching on their TV screen. It is not.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
There are zero excuses for booing when a player is injured or mocking him (aka, chanting Crrawwwwffooorrrddd) I don't care what is playing on the big screen at centre ice.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Another Jets fan here. We pick one or two of the opposing teams best players to boo. Being picked is an honour!

About booing Crawford when he was down... I wasn't there but Jets fans are not the type to boo players when they are down. What does happen - a lot - is that fans boo what is appearing on the scoreboard tv screens. This sometimes leads to booing at really bad times such as during the anthems. People in the arena know what is going on and the reason for the booing but folks at home watching on TV wrongly assume what is being booed is what they are watching on their TV screen. It is not.

They weren't booing Crawford...they were chanting his name in a mocking way. It was very apparent.

As far as booing other players when they're playing...who really cares? The other team is their competition. It's no different than Hawks fans chanting 'Red Wings Suck'. I think it's very petty to whine that your team's players got booed in someone else's arena.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
I just thought it was funny seeing their fans so jacked up when they scored the first goal then after a quick 3 straight by us they shut it down real fast.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
They weren't booing Crawford...they were chanting his name in a mocking way. It was very apparent.

As far as booing other players when they're playing...who really cares? The other team is their competition. It's no different than Hawks fans chanting 'Red Wings Suck'. I think it's very petty to whine that your team's players got booed in someone else's arena.

Cant say I ever heard a 'Red Wing Suck' chant in Chicago. I do agree in not caring how Winnipeg fans act though.

Judrix

Teuvo is Kane's son
Feb 24, 2010
Chicago
Usually you chant the goalies name when they're really fighting it out there to continue getting in his head. Crawford was dominating, so it didn't make sense to me either.

Oh_so_saad

Sep 18, 2012
Seattle
you should have heard them chanting last night against howard when they played Detroit. Who cares.

That's like the 49niners complaining the seahawks have an advantage, they will have the advantage when seahawks play in candlestick

LandofLincoln*

Why were Jets fans booing Patrick Kane? it makes absolutely zero sense unless they were trying to imply Evander Kane was better for some odd reason.

Also, I noticed several times when the Hawks were in the Jets zone and doing a good job with puck possession and making plays that the Jets fans started to scream "Craaawwford, Craaawwford."

I've certainly seen the boos and chants against players before (like Brian Campbell in SJ for example) but I also know he got booed because he didn't resign in SJ so that is understandable, however Patrick Kane being booed in Winnipeg made absolutely no sense to me, as did the "Crawford" chant when the Hawks were putting on a show in the offensive zone when usually you hear the chant when the home team is in the offensive zone wreaking havoc..

The Hawks played a great game and I loved the outcome but I found the Winnipeg crowed odd at best.

Also on a side note: This I can understand - but when Crawford went down and it seemed Khabby may come into the game the crowed went wild.... This I can understand but it's been what? 20 years since Khabby wore a Jets uni..... That would be like Hawks fans cheering for Belfour (if he was a backup)....

I have no ill-will against the Jets or their fans however I just thought the game was weird from start to finish.

It does make sense to me. Buffalo should start booing Toews since they can't boo their beloved son Kane. Winnipeg will never boo Toews so they want to boo a star player. Kane will never get booed in Buffalo so if they are going to boo an opposing player it would be Toews. Canadian fans should boo American Olympian All-stars it is a compliment.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
It does make sense to me. Buffalo should start booing Toews since they can't boo their beloved son Kane. Winnipeg will never boo Toews so they want to boo a star player. Kane will never get booed in Buffalo so if they are going to boo an opposing player it would be Toews. Canadian fans should boo American Olympian All-stars it is a compliment.

Toews was booed at the game.

I think they just boo the other team's best players or something. It's their tradition, I guess.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I honestly don't care about booing. Taunting Crawford while he's hurt is really Bush League though.

I agree with you.

but, it's time to shake it all off. the isles fans cheered last year when crosby got fit in the face with a puck.

let the jets boo us whenever they want. who cares. we are us, they are them. no further comment is necessary.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I was at the game, trust me it was a very small minority of fans mocking Crawford while he was down. I wasn't cool with it at all.

As for the general booing, that will continue. Thank you for you inquiry.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I don't think Winnipeg has to worry about Hawk fans booing anyone from the Jets. No one on their team is even worth booing.

Oh_so_saad

Sep 18, 2012
Seattle
I don't think Winnipeg has to worry about Hawk fans booing anyone from the Jets. No one on their team is even worth booing.

I'm confused by this comment,

They have 3 hawks that have have won cups that we all like

Or does everyone suck on the team

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm confused by this comment,

They have 3 hawks that have have won cups that we all like

Or does everyone suck on the team

thats_the_joke.jpg

Nothingman*

The Hawks showed class with Fro tonight. THAT is how you do it Winnipeg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->