Pre-Game Talk: Hawks/Flyers | 10.21.14

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Well if Saad was demoted to line 3 as a punishment to pick up his game,shouldn't Q demoted Kane to the bench since he just was an MIA mailed it in guy last game? I mean Q has not got the cones to do that or even bag-skate Kane for such limpid disinterested performance and waste of shift time...but if we are talking about anchors. ..off last yeah game Kane certainly did nada to get our ship moving..so.lots of culprits to aim the darts at besides beaming everything wrong with the team on Bickell's..and who is Bickell's saddled with?An expired milk Richards who has shown nothing and no chemistry with any line they tried him with..Now Versteeg the healthy was supposed to fix line 3 because in health he has some speed and talent that the plodded Smith does not to merit a move to third liner..but now Q decides not to put the pressure on Versteeg to correct line 3. ..such that if Said cannot fix it the blame goes to Said or Bickell's thus savings embarrassment for Standard bringing in expired milk.But I guess if this new plan fails Q can still go to the Versteeg as solution fir line 3 as a last resort. ..and Then if that last resort fails,THEN the naked truth that Richards has totally expired and Then what? TT not exactly lighting up the AHL. .Bring back Zues? Find some AHL refugee? At some point Richards has to contribute or else all will see he is finito and messing up our team. The pressure is on Richards to be his own saviour not on Saad or Versteeg or Bickell to bail him out..

We're only 4 games in, and thankfully we are lucky enough to have had an easy schedule, but I certainly hear you. Hawks are another poor performance or two from needing a good kick in the ass. Any poster that can state Hawks have played "great" cept this or that, is delusional. The only possible exceptions are Crawford who has been strong, along with Sharp and Shaw at times.

Philly hasn't been bad to date and always play a gritty game, hence tomorrow's match should be a good barometer for this team and it's willpower.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I like and value shaw but he is prone to taking some pretty stupid penalties and already has at this point.

Hossa has also been awesome.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Richards-Kane
Bickell-Shaw-Versteeg

That's my ideal top 9.

I think that second line is too weak defensively, even with primarily o-zone starts.

The best would be to move Kane up to the Toews line and Hossa down to the Richards line...but we know that would never happen :(

Yeah Hossa defensively is as good as anyone. I sometimes take that for granted.

It's easy to take it for granted because even as a 35 year old Hossa does, literally, everything well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad